Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Facelift conversion???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:17 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Bump...

So I'm looking to do this conversion in the next few weeks but I'm not 100% sure I know all the parts that will need to be ordered (besides the obvious ones like fenders, headlights, signal lights, bumper covers etc.)

Does anyone know if the fog lights need to be replaced as well? And about the "brackets", are those just the headlight mounting plates or is there another bracket that needs to be ordered for the front bumper to work?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Cayenne Magnum Facelift Body Kit

For those of you that want to update the look of your 955 Cayenne, NR auto offers our Magnum update body kit. This kit gives your first gen. Cayenne the look of the 957 Magnum without changing the headlights, fenders and all of the other small parts needed for the conversion. Kit includes front bumper with 3 grills, 957 Turbo LED running light/turn signals, side markers,4 driving lights, hood, front & rear fender flares, side skirts, rear bumper for quad exhaust tips, and rear hatch cover. We make the rear bumper for the 955 taillights or the 957 LED taillights. We can be contacted at info@nrauto.com or 6 Speed.

Attached Images   
Old 06-04-2011, 12:00 AM
microboby can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by nrauto
For those of you that want to update the look of your 955 Cayenne, NR auto offers our Magnum update body kit. This kit gives your first gen. Cayenne the look of the 957 Magnum without changing the headlights, fenders and all of the other small parts needed for the conversion. Kit includes front bumper with 3 grills, 957 Turbo LED running light/turn signals, side markers,4 driving lights, hood, front & rear fender flares, side skirts, rear bumper for quad exhaust tips, and rear hatch cover. We make the rear bumper for the 955 taillights or the 957 LED taillights. We can be contacted at info@nrauto.com or 6 Speed.
Would love to know the cost of the kit without the LED Tailights , just the basic Kit.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Cayenne Magnum Facelift Body Kit 955

I forgot to mention that the hood is included with the kit.

Originally Posted by nrauto

Old 06-04-2011, 03:50 PM
Ylincooper is on a distinguished road
sweet

Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by hymhui1205
Hey~ I think I can answer ur question. Since I just convert my 2004 cayenne to 07 cayenne. I will post some picture for you later~ for the front. What u need is: front bumper, headlight, frog light, size marker, fender x 2 , switch night, HEADLIGHT MOUNTING( totally different then 955) FRONT PLASTIC PANEL between the interior cooler & bumper, front wheel fender( dunno what's that call, I mean the black fender which place upper the wheels, u need 4 for front & rear) the worst part is the wiring. 955 headlight is square plug & 957 headlight is circle or other shape which is totally different!!! U need a professional to help u & wear it up.

For the rear is much better. Rear bumper, taillight, muffler or at least 2 957 muffler tips (955 tips is locate lowering then 957, if u dont have the set of the new muffler, u gotta send it to muffler shop) do the new taillight wiring.

Last thing u gotta remember, if u gotta parking sensor, 955 sensor is not able to put on 957 bumper. One housing is square & one is circle!!! BUT DON'T WASTE $$$ TO BUY NEW SENSOR!!!!! u can send it to the body shop and tell them to glue the old sensor to new bumper~ save u USD 75 x 12 sensor. However, u gotta make sure they do a right job or else, ur sensor will keep BEEEEEEEEEE....BEEEEEEEEEE~~

Hope u got ur answer~

Got any question? PM ME!
Cheers!!!

Thanks for your help! I sent you a PM... this list is a great start.

I'm still wondering if there's any "smaller" parts needed for the conversion though - for example brackets or any special bolts/clamps/screws etc. needed above what you've already mentioned above.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Dougb756 is on a distinguished road
What's the cost to get all this done?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:54 AM
Lebmoe is on a distinguished road
I have one the conversion and kept the old sensors! They dont measure the corrct distance! Any Ideas how to fit them properly? And how do I get rid of the warning messages on the dash for headlight and tail lights??

Old 07-05-2011, 08:32 AM
The headlight wiring is driving my installer insane!.. anyone have any tips or wiring diagrams?

Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 PM
loveivs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Lebmoe
I have one the conversion and kept the old sensors! They dont measure the corrct distance! Any Ideas how to fit them properly? And how do I get rid of the warning messages on the dash for headlight and tail lights??
I think the error / warning message can be removed by porsche authorized dealer or independent workshop that has porsche inspect equipment (a computer)

Old 09-17-2011, 11:01 AM
gtlimer is on a distinguished road
that conversion looks killer!!

Old 09-17-2011, 03:48 PM
can anyone tell me how hard it is to wire in the rear tail lights? I just ordered the rear bumper and tail lights.

Is the rear bumper a direct bolt on except for the muffler section? Are the taillights a direct fit and is the connector plug the same?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
any help at all? please....

Old 09-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
955 Magnum Facelift Conversion to 957 Look

NR Automobile offers a facelift conversion for your Cayenne 955 model to the look of the 957 Magnum without changing fenders or headlights. Kit consists of: 957 style Magnum front bumper with 3 grills with Turbo OEM turn signals/running lights, side markers, 4 round driving lights, hood, front fender flares,side skirts, rear fender flares, rear bumper and rear hatch cover around license plate and mesh grill screens. Tail lights can be update to the LED 957 lights, or your original tail lights can be used. Optional head light cover available. Go to nrauto.com for more information or you can email us at info@nrauto.com.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 AM
Denmoto is on a distinguished road
It will be very hard to find everything used, so sooner or later you'll have to go to porsche dealer, thats when it gets expensive. All the plastics, grills new fender liners. I would say even with used bumpers, headlights,etc parts will cost no less $7000. New you are looking about $10k-$12k. Wiring takes a little bit of time, but it can be done. Front and rear bumpers fit perfectly to old body(bolt on), no modifications needed. I found an interesting car on auction, Its a bummer for me since my car is already done, but may be some of you guys can use it. Seems like a 2004 Cayenne turbo with 08 Turbo conversion, Clear title, damage says mechanical but its a run and drive car. its on www.iaai.com , item number 9396858 here is a link for https://www.iaai.com/Vehicles/Vehicl...82&RowNumber=1
I think it will be a good deal if it sells for less than $20k, instead of spending $10-12k in parts, you can have a whole car for $20k.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Facelift conversion???