Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Facelift conversion???

Old 09-03-2008, 06:20 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Cayenne Facelift conversion???

Has anyone done it?

According to this shop that did a conversion on a 04 Turbo, they say the headlights and tail lights will bolt right on to the pre-facelift cayenne and using the facelifted bumpers will complete the conversion.

i always thought fenders are all new on the facelifted Cayennes.

This is apparently a 04 Turbo according to the registration papers.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:23 PM
CayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneOFDeatH has a spectacular aura about
u can spot the face-lifted conversion ones by the side mirrors i saw a couple of them being done in porsche garage but want my opinion NOT WORTH IT !!!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:03 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
looks good. how much r the lights bumper + paint + installation? about 10k or more.
not worth it financially.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
for me, its a lot cheaper to make my Cayenne TTS into a new GTS (TTS) look then trading it up. Since i just want the GTS(TTS) look, but not too interested in the performance upgrade anyways.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:09 AM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Looks cool but i think i would do the mirrors too and badge the Cayenne - Cayenne Turbo S

I did the complete turbo s upgrade to my cayenne....go big or go home

Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
sorry but i really have to raise a BS flag on the shop that told you fenders are not required... just a cursory comparison of the new facelifted fenders versus the pre-facelift model shows that the new headlights are not only longer (elongated) but they are also sleaker (lower profile).

fenders may not be needed for the rear, but the fronts i can almost gurantee it

Old 09-05-2008, 06:32 AM
motoadve is on a distinguished road
Im interested in this and thru my search, the fron fenders are needed , but the hood not.

Im only interested in doing the front, I found taillights in ebay that look like the 08's and fit right into an 06 or earlier model.
There is a guy in UK selling the parts for the conversion for 3000 pounds without the turbo hood, and rear.
But he said the conversion is so complicated electronically that at the end he only does it himself but wont sell the parts.

I dont understand why soo complicated.

Anyone has ideas?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Question is the Turbo S released yet ?

Old 09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
porsche23 is on a distinguished road
Old 09-06-2008, 08:16 PM
MadeInPorshe will become famous soon enoughMadeInPorshe will become famous soon enough
Looks good, alot more aggressive...but not worth it imo

Old 09-08-2008, 09:43 AM
its hard to say with the shape of the front headlights, the brow does make it looks sleeker, but i've compared a new one with mine side by side, and its hard to tell the difference. oh well... its too much of a pain, would be a lot easier to just buy a new Turbo S

electronically, i'd think those new headlights and taillights might be a pain to rewire... ppl were having trouble hooking up trailer LED tail light without the ECU showing error messages...

Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
tuki is on a distinguished road
I'm doing this project right now, i'll post some details in a few days.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
me also.
I almost got all the parts. hopefully in a few weeks will be ready. Bucharest & Istanbul ftw

Old 02-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Ryboy996GT700 will become famous soon enoughRyboy996GT700 will become famous soon enough
interesting...

Old 02-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
I did this complete facelift to my 2003 turbo about 6 months ago. It is complicated, but still able to be done. I also changed the complete color of my cayenne at the same time. Some day I will get some pics posted.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Facelift conversion???