Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

passengar airbag faulting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
passengar airbag faulting

anyone haveing problems with the passengar airbag light randomly going on when driving and an adult is in the seat?

Yesterday, while driving the light went on, then we went into the store, came out and turned on and drove off, the light was off.

random times = hard to diagnose I'd imagine.

anyone have similar issues?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:51 PM
dajadeturtle is on a distinguished road
You have a very petite wife! probably around the 22kilo mark... LOL... mines a 3X's that with a foot to match.... hope she doesn't read this post.....

but on a serious note I think your weight sensor is probably false reading... or has a connector loose... have you been under the seat and may have tapped / knocked something....

Old 11-13-2008, 11:29 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Same issue rarely occurs on mine. I usually turn the engine off, remove the key and then insert the key, start the engine. I sometimes just ignore it if the passenger doesn't mean anything to me

Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
SoCal955 is on a distinguished road
The airbag fault is an old problem, surprised Porsche has not fixed it yet. Your dealer should repalce the sensor under warranty.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
i have the same problem, has this been fixed?

Old 02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
not yet, i occasionally get this... switching the engine on and off solves the problem...

Old 02-07-2009, 12:17 PM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
this happens everytime i have a passenger. They see it and they are like WTF, you are turning your airbag off on me? I really want to get this fixed, is there a known recall or something?

Old 02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
it it's happening every time, then the load cell is probably broken, you should have it fixed at a dealer asap, since this is a safety concern..

Old 02-07-2009, 06:25 PM
it keeps flashing on and off when under heavy acceleration with a passenger

Old 02-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by nugent_crai
it keeps flashing on and off when under heavy acceleration with a passenger
so it's a basic load cell issue, have them replace it and you'll be all set

Old 02-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
mine corrected itself way back when, since then no issues.
I was told by the stealership once, that is was the load sensor, and they would just swap it out....
didn't feel like making the trip, nor did I feel like them dropping me off a loaner, and driving mine....
luckily, fixed itself by next car ride, and never since....