Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Got the GIAC tune for the CTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Got the GIAC tune for the CTT

Took the Cayenne TT in for some maintenance.., ended up getting the GIAC tune on the car. Haven't driven it yet but will be picking it up in a few hours. I cant wait.. its about time this thing woke up a bit.

My evaluation coming soon.....

-Bojan

Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM
the head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the roughthe head is a jewel in the rough
Did you get it from the dealer or does another shop do your maintenance for you?

Old 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Picked up the CTT at 5:30.. TrAfFiC!!!! Wasn't even able to romp on it. The drive in bumper to bumper was same as before. And because of that I was a little disappointed because I couldn't notice a change.

Got home.. ate dinner.. got back in the CTT.

DIFFERENT car entirely!! At first, I didn't notice an extreme difference relative to the $$$ spent on the mod. However, taking the on ramp to the freeway was insanely different. With PSM off.. the kick is great in 1st.. 2nd nice as well.. but 3rd gear is the pleasure gear. The boost kicks hard when it switches from 2nd to 3rd.. and it just keeps going.

Overall.. after a 15min drive, I'm satisfied. I'll play with it some more tomorrow. I did notice a big difference top end though.. it seemed to breath easier 'much' easier than before, something I have complained about quite a bit after my exhaust mod.

To those people on the fence of doing it or not, I say go for it. However, I think there are some cheaper solutions w/ Upsolute (don't quote me on that) that affect the power the same but not the wallet. But overall.. I'm excited to hammer it tomorrow.

-Bojan

Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Enjoy it!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Who did the tune for you? I'm pretty interested in this as well. Actually, since I bought mine used and it already had a bunch of TechArt mods already, I'm not even sure if it isn't already chipped. Maybe we need to race to see?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
If this is the tune you got, it looks like shifting at 4700rpms would yield the best acceleration times...

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...Code=955ttperf

Old 11-20-2008, 09:02 AM
onemanclique is on a distinguished road
sidetracking.. but seattlebum that's a sick cayenne you got there

Old 11-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
Who did the tune for you?
I went through a place called Cantrell Motorsports, Colin the owner hooked me up. Was supposed to go in and diagnose why my check engine light came on..., eventually left w/ a new battery and the GIAC chip.

Colin seems to be a very stand up guy... and his shop is litterally loaded with Porsches. He's located by me in Totem Lake.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
$2500 gets you APR software ecu loaded with stock 93 or 91 program, 100 program, valet, fault code erase (CEL Clear), throttle body alignment, security, and antitheft

Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by GMP - Matthew
$2500 gets you APR software ecu loaded with stock 93 or 91 program, 100 program, valet, fault code erase (CEL Clear), throttle body alignment, security, and antitheft

We have 92 here in WA. How does one switch btwn the different programs? Do you an actual to-the-wheels dyno?

Last edited by SeattleBum; 11-20-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by onemanclique
sidetracking.. but seattlebum that's a sick cayenne you got there

Thanks!

Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
You switch with your cruise control stalk. we would load the 91 octane file for your 92 octane gas. You can always run higher octane fuel than your program but you cant run less octane in a higher program

Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 PM
huskyfan23 will become famous soon enough
Nice to see there are some local CTTs out here! I just got mine and the GIAC tune is definitely one of my planned mods

Old 11-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by huskyfan23
Nice to see there are some local CTTs out here! I just got mine and the GIAC tune is definitely one of my planned mods
Yeah.. I don't see too many Cayennes out there that are modded. Go for it! By the way.. whats up with those Huskys??? Go basketball maybe... haha

Old 11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Site Sponsor
Im from CT, big husky fan, we have nice mix of young talent

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got the GIAC tune for the CTT