Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne 3.2 - Cabin rattles like crazy, help :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
James75 is on a distinguished road
Cayenne 3.2 - Panoramic Roof Creaking

I bought an early 2007 Porsche Cayenne, 3.2, 19k miles, and collected it today from my local Porsche dealership.

On almost any road surface except the very, very smoothest, it sounds like the whole cabin is creaking and squeaking from every possible joint in the cabin. I haven't sat in the back and tried to narrow it down yet. It could be in just a couple of places, but definately more than one. Gives the audible impression it's coming from the entire roof and rear plastics.

Can anyone tell me if this is a normal characteristic of the Cayenne?

It has a panoramic sunroof. I am hoping it's not bad body flex causing the plastic interior to push together and creak, etc. I don't know a lot about cars.

Si

Last edited by James75; 12-23-2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
HAHAHAH
get used to it. it's an SUV. it's obvious that you didn't drive an suv before

Old 12-18-2009, 11:49 PM
rockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to beholdrockstardoc is a splendid one to behold
SOrry but that's not normal, at least from my experience. I drive an '06 CTT daily on 22'" Sport Techno wheels and "knock on wood" not a single creak can be heard in the cabin. Hope someone else can help you narrow down the culprit to your creaks.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:30 AM
DUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud ofDUTCH VanAtlant has much to be proud of
Try extending the rear cargo shade. When it's rolled up and not in use, it can rattle.

Also, there has been some discussion elsewhere about the rear seat backs rattling in their brackets. Try folding the backs down to see it it helps.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Precision is on a distinguished road
My dealer talked me out of ordering the pano roof bc he said in time it will start to rattle like hell. That could be a possibility.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Thanks - had a really good listen tonight and it's definately the roof. I've tried applying pressure, driving with the roof open, etc, nothing stops it.

I love the car but this is really irritating. Tonight I drove around a sloped corner at just 1mph and even then it was creaking like mad as it turned and twisted.

So - change my question slightly. Anybody with a Cayenne out there with a pano roof who either has the noise or had it fixed, or never had it at all?

Mine comes from front and rear, both sides and is pretty much constant.

Old 12-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Banned
twiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura abouttwiskus has a spectacular aura about
I have a 3.2 with a regular power moonroof and no creaks...

Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Want to swap?

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 AM
Drove to dealers today (45 min round trip). Was told fix would take 30 minutes.

All they did was have the valeter clean the sun roof, then told me it was "fixed".

I got in and right as a pulled away from the car park the roof was creaking as bad as ever!

Not a happy bunny today. Do Porsche centres in the UK operate a 28 day returns policy for defective goods?

James