Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Would Anyone be Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
pnwpirelli is on a distinguished road
Would Anyone be Interested?

What is the interest in Cayenne Offroading?

Old 04-06-2010, 06:01 PM
mike pezely is on a distinguished road
I have Zero interest in offroading our CS, and I have Zero interest in tracking my 993. Each to there own I guess. Mike

Old 04-06-2010, 06:27 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO you never really understand the true engineering of any of these automobiles until you offroad in a Cayenne or track a 993, 996 or 997. I recently tracked my 996 TT and wow, would love to offroad my CTT but in florida very few places where I live. You would be suprised how tough they are built.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:35 PM
saqdiesel is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
IMHO you never really understand the true engineering of any of these automobiles until you offroad in a Cayenne or track a 993, 996 or 997. I recently tracked my 996 TT and wow, would love to offroad my CTT but in florida very few places where I live. You would be suprised how tough they are built.
How bout tracking a Cayenne or offroading a 997?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I haven't seen any Cayennes at the track yet but I've seen plenty of 997's go off roading

Old 04-07-2010, 06:52 AM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I actually registered both my 996 TT and CTT for the track, car wasn't running 100% so I considered the CTT for the day, last minute I brought the car. I asked around with everybody and there comments were they have seen a few on the track but even with lowering kits there was still a lot of body roll, they kept up fine but couldn't be pushed much harder do to roll?? I would still like to try it one day just for the fun of it!. Would I off road my 996tt? Maybe the passes in the Colorado mountains....

Last edited by 2muchtime; 04-07-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
CayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura aboutCayenneTurbo77 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I haven't seen any Cayennes at the track yet but I've seen plenty of 997's go off roading

Cayenne on the track = AWESOME!!

Got better lap times then a TT 350Z ....

Mines the lapis Blue CTT

Old 04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
awesome, have to admit they do look funny out there

Old 04-07-2010, 12:46 PM
I've tracked my '08 Cayenne Turbo - its a trip! Autocrossed it too! LOVED IT!!! Have done the PSDS offroad course in THEIR cars...

If it WASN'T your own cayenne... And cheaper than PSDS (Porsche Sport Driving School), what would you think about Cayenne offroading then? Something fun with instructors you sign up for for the afternoon :-)

Old 04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
When you tracked yours did you turn your PSM off at all? How was the difference

Old 04-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Turned it of on the autocross - wow bad idea! At least not until I pick up more skills. That big *** was movin' & groovin' on the dance floor! THAT'S how you tip a Cayenne! ;-) It was a tight course though.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
sfzoo is on a distinguished road
If the car had warranty, i might consider it. But going off-roading "naked" is an absolute NO.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I would consider wheeling a Cayenne.

I have written for an online 4x4 mag for about 10 years. Built all sorts of killer 4x4 rigs and love the idea of trying to wheel something different.

I bet with a little tweaking and a good driver I could get the Cayenne places where no one would think it would go.

....and before someone mentions the wheeling an expensive rig thing. Many built Jeeps can get into the $100K range. It's really easy to to $50k without thinking too much about it.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:03 PM
gr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to allgr8ful is a name known to all
I'm interested in a limited way. Yesterday I switched tire sets from Pirelli Scorpion Snow & Ice to General Grabber AT2's, all in 18"s.

I did my usual stunt of pulling out in front of someone else, so I hit the gas. MAN all four tires dug in and tore it up. I was shocked and embarassed for that exhibition of speed.

I am looking at a few runs into Denali National Park before May 20th. The air suspension makes the ride comfortable and I am certain it'll allow me to go places most other cars will never go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would Anyone be Interested?