Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Can't open rear hatch on cayenne?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:44 AM
djdeep is on a distinguished road
open

Originally Posted by Saviguel
I am having same issue. However I can't open the hatch manually! Attempted moving lever to the right (When facing door from inside) as well as up and left. I think I have applied enough force or I am not doing it correctly. Help
Hi There,

seem to have the same problem and can not get the boot open did you get yours open in the end and how?

Cheers

Old 03-03-2016, 06:41 AM
djdeep is on a distinguished road
Still can not get my boot open, glass part opens off the key and under the wiper, have now stripped off the inside boot panel and bar moves across when you try to open the boot from outside by pressing the release but nothing happens.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Tuscani66 is on a distinguished road
Have you guys tried checking the FUSE, not the obvious 2 fuses for tailgate, but there is 1 for the 'filler flap', should be fuse #31

Old 07-08-2018, 01:12 PM
ckcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Old string - hopefully someone got this resolved. Same issue - hatch wont release. I pull press the button to pull and the solenoid pulls the rod, but it wont unlatch. Popped off the back cap and tried to manuall move the lever but its maxed out and wont release. The hatch is not fully latched down. Its at its first stage, the second stage where it automatically closes the hatch and fully latches does not happen and wont engage so its sitting locked in its first latching stage. I checked fuse 31 and its fine. my batteries seem to be fine - i havent done a load test but i havent had any indications of any electrical glitches or slow starts.

This is driving me nuts... Anybody have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated...

Old 12-08-2018, 03:52 PM
jeff spahn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ckcs
Old string - hopefully someone got this resolved. Same issue - hatch wont release. I pull press the button to pull and the solenoid pulls the rod, but it wont unlatch. Popped off the back cap and tried to manuall move the lever but its maxed out and wont release. The hatch is not fully latched down. Its at its first stage, the second stage where it automatically closes the hatch and fully latches does not happen and wont engage so its sitting locked in its first latching stage. I checked fuse 31 and its fine. my batteries seem to be fine - i havent done a load test but i havent had any indications of any electrical glitches or slow starts.

This is driving me nuts... Anybody have any suggestions? Would be greatly appreciated...
I am in this same boat. Has anyone come up with a solution to this? I have spent 4 hours checking relays, fuses and what have you. It appears to be completely mechanical in nature.

Old 12-09-2018, 11:13 AM
jeff spahn is an unknown quantity at this point
Well. I posted on Rennlist, Renntech and 6speedonline. Got no responses for repair ideas so I came up with one.

I took the multitool cutter to the latch and removed it. Appeared to have a failed part internally. Part that actually releases the hook was non functioning.

Soft close motor works as it should when microswitch is activated.

Porsche should have made a provision for removing the latch mount inside the car rather than weld it on.

In situ

getting there

ate one cabide blade by now

Out.

Old 12-09-2018, 02:23 PM
ckcs is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Jeff - meant to respond to this yesterday. I ended up doing the same thing essentially. Had to grind the rivets down and disassembled the latch assembly. It was stuck and there was no other way in to it. Thanks for posting your solution - others will have this happen I’m sure.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:50 PM
xiomielee is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 cayenne S hatchback does not open

What is the part name for the rear sensor at the cable release on the 2008 cayenne S hatchback.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:52 PM
What is the part name for the rear sensor at the cable release on the 2008 cayenne S hatchback.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by 2muchtime
I had that, rear sensor at the cable release is shot, to temporary open, open the rear glass 1st, inside remove small square plastic cover at the bottom center of the tailgate, stick finger in mid center bottom feel lever and lift up , Not to expensive to fix, need part though. GL

Old 05-28-2023, 11:12 AM
rikuvalpas is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ohboy
I have this problem too. The release button on the door and on the key fob does'nt work but the button on the hatch works. any ideas?
Did you ever find a solution? I have the same issue. I have pretty much all components changed except except the upper lock actuator which seems to work.
What does not seem to work is the lower latch actuator. I can open the trunk from the tailgate switch and it raises if I double click it.

My OPC says the problem could be in the steering column eletctronics which I don't understand at all. I believe they are just shooting in the dark. My KESSY and lift gate control module was already changed.