Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Who in here have headrest monitors on their Cayennes? I need some help/info.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
profusion is on a distinguished road
Question Who in here have headrest monitors on their Cayennes? I need some help/info.

I want to install dvd/monitor on the my Cayenne's headest. I was wondering if anyone here has installed it on their Cayenne. I want to make sure I get the right lcd screens w/ built in dvd player before I go start cutting the headrests. I am thinking a 7 inch screen will fit just fine but I'm not too sure about the depth though. Thanks!

Old 09-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Matrix is on a distinguished road
hmmm i went the cheap rout and bought a set of phillips wide screen for $300 that strap to the headrest posts. They are wider and look better than the Porsche ones that i have seen. The set has one with DVD player and the other is just an AV in monitor. I have the AV in only monitor hooked into my in dash system. So one has its own dvd player and the other is controlled upfront.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I am also using 2 9" Phillps but both with it's own dvd player that also straps on the headrest but I want a much cleaner look. I've seen a couple of Cayenne's on ebay that has aftermarket lcd screens on the headrest so I'm sure it can be done.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Matrix is on a distinguished road
it can be done, i've seen it but they are much smaller.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 AM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
These are the one's I had installed a couple years ago:

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/70...06CAYENNE.aspx

I didn't buy from this company, just came up on my search results.

They come pre-mounted into a headrest that is 99% identical to the Cayenne headrest. You won't need to cut into your existing one which is good if you ever decide to part out the units before selling. The FM modulator is ok, not great. If you have an aftermarket head unit that has an input you can plug the unit in directly. Or, you can just use the included headphones.

Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Bean Counter is on a distinguished road
iPad

An option that you may wish to consider is the use of an iPad or two. Two 16GB iPads will set you back about $1,000. Two proclip mounts will set you back $200 and two stereo bluetooth headsets will set you back from $50 to $100.

It may perhaps be a tad more than the headrest solution but it would be a more flexible solution since they are transportable and usable out of the car, can store several movies and can be used to play games as well if the kids get bored with movies.

That is the current setup I have.

Here is the link to the ProClip.

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-dev...447-18173.aspx

Regards,
Bean Counter

Old 09-22-2010, 12:40 PM
I like the iPad option but I'm afraid that it might come flying off the holder if someone accidentally hits me. I don't want it to hit my 3 year old, my wife or who ever I have as my passenger. I think I'm leaning more towards gutting my headrest once I find someone who has done it. I'm planning to change my stock head unit to an aftermarket unit when my CPO expires this Dec.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Bean Counter
An option that you may wish to consider is the use of an iPad or two. Two 16GB iPads will set you back about $1,000. Two proclip mounts will set you back $200 and two stereo bluetooth headsets will set you back from $50 to $100.

It may perhaps be a tad more than the headrest solution but it would be a more flexible solution since they are transportable and usable out of the car, can store several movies and can be used to play games as well if the kids get bored with movies.

That is the current setup I have.

Here is the link to the ProClip.

http://www.proclipusa.com/brodit-dev...447-18173.aspx

Regards,
Bean Counter
Thanks for this idea. I was on the same boat as the OP. With my other two "family transportation", DVD exists to keep my kids entertained. Therefore, I have been looking at ways to add DVD headrest monitors in my CTT. Now that my 6-yr-old daughter recently got an iPad and my 5-yr-old son is getting his own soon, the iPad option behind the headrest seem to be the best way. Not only can they watch shows, they can play games as well.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:39 PM
blown3.4 is on a distinguished road
I put dual headrest dvd in my 06 Cayenne TT, they were made by Vizualogic and you get to keep your factory headrest without cutting them up. Whole new headrest comes in the box and the install isn't too bad. Color and stitch matching is perfect. Nice touch screen, easy to use.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:55 AM
rgibson is on a distinguished road
The iPad's are a great idea! Being able to take them with when you're not n the car is a big plus. How good are the proclip mounts? Do they hold the iPad securely but still easy to remove the iPad?

Old 09-26-2010, 11:52 AM
rgibson is on a distinguished road
Also, is there a good solution to wire power for the iPad? Same for the LCD headrests, how do you run power for them?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:13 PM
jr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nicejr1966 is just really nice
Originally Posted by blown3.4
I put dual headrest dvd in my 06 Cayenne TT, they were made by Vizualogic and you get to keep your factory headrest without cutting them up. Whole new headrest comes in the box and the install isn't too bad. Color and stitch matching is perfect. Nice touch screen, easy to use.
Pics please.

Originally Posted by rgibson
The iPad's are a great idea! Being able to take them with when you're not n the car is a big plus. How good are the proclip mounts? Do they hold the iPad securely but still easy to remove the iPad?
I ordered something similar from ebay for half the price. I will post about it as soon as I get it installed.

Originally Posted by rgibson
Also, is there a good solution to wire power for the iPad? Same for the LCD headrests, how do you run power for them?
iPads' battery power seem to last a long time, so they can run wireless (power-wise) for quite a while. The only thing I can think of right now is to keep a car charger handy in the compartment and use it when the iPad power runs low.

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jr1966
Pics please.

I ordered something similar from ebay for half the price. I will post about it as soon as I get it installed.

any updates on which one you got from ebay?

Old 07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
I have rear DVD's, but they came installed by the original owner. They are aftermarket headrests, not cut-ups of the original, and look good. I'm not sure of the overall size, but will take a look and see.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM
rkanok is on a distinguished road
I went Ipad and have no regrets. I was worried about them flying around in an accident so I chose this mount Padholdr edge series.

http://padholdr.com/

One thing to though living in Austin if I leave the IPAD in the car, it can get hot enough to trip the thermal limiter

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who in here have headrest monitors on their Cayennes? I need some help/info.