Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

COMPLETE CAYENNE LED Interior Light Change-Over Tutorial

Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 PM
ferraristyle has a spectacular aura aboutferraristyle has a spectacular aura about
Do this mod. It makes the car lighting soooo much better. Additionally, when you unlock the car the car looks more "high end". Did mine yesterday. Took about an hour and a half, but that was only because I had to figure out how to get to some of the lights. Used a rubberhead flathead screwdriver and a butter knife.

Easy to do +1

Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by garukun
Do you know what is the bulb type for the license plate?
Use 37mm Festoon. You can find them on Amazon or any number of sources.
Don't use the "6418" type, which is 36mm. It will be too loose.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
garukun is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by racer_65
Use 37mm Festoon. You can find them on Amazon or any number of sources.
Don't use the "6418" type, which is 36mm. It will be too loose.
Thanks!, I ended up getting the 6418, it is a bit too loose, so i bent the tips to make them fit tightly

Old 10-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Pker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikezlee
Sorry I took so long to respond, my camera is terrible, and I wanted to make the pictures as accurate as possible. As for my interior with chestnut, not very flattering. An all black interior might look much better. I've also included a pic from the outside. This is the reason I changed the ceiling lights to LEDs: to match the outer LEDs, and it looks quite nice when I unlock the car at night and all the lights go on(including under the mirrors).

Attachment 145407 Attachment 145408 Attachment 145409 Attachment 145410

BTW, the mirror replacement is actually one of the easiest bulb change. Just push the right part of the mirror all the way in to make the left part come out towards you. Put your fingers behind the mirror on the left part and just pull. Takes a little bravery, because it feels like you're breaking it while you pull, but it comes right out. I've attached a picture of the mirror too.

Attachment 145411
Sorry, when you say push the mirror right all the way in.... Do you mean push it or use the electric button to adjust it? Or could I just push it manually in?? Hope Im making sense.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:18 AM
eVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant futureeVoMotion has a brilliant future
You can electronically move it to one side and easier access to get a hold on it with your hands so you can then pull.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by eVoMotion
You can electronically move it to one side and easier access to get a hold on it with your hands so you can then pull.
Gotcha, thank you!!

Old 10-31-2012, 01:12 PM
TenaciousT is on a distinguished road
I did this as well, thanks for the write up.

One thing I will note though....I originally used the T10 style you had pictured, but it didn't seem to give off enough light being that it was not facing down. I found you get better output by choosing a style such as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2SMD-2-5050-...1d76a5&vxp=mtr

Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Tried using the same method on a 2012 gts, unfortunately after the mirror off you cannot locate the bulb. I tried taking the cover off but no luck, not as easy as it looks and I'm afraid of breaking the clips. Anybody know the proper method to change puddle lights on a 958 cayenne. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !

We offer a master LED kit that will accomplish this look and includes all the bulbs necessary to transform your interior on your 955. For more information Click here

Old 01-19-2013, 10:03 AM
BV996turbo01 is on a distinguished road
Need Help!!! Please

Originally Posted by Pker
Tried using the same method on a 2012 gts, unfortunately after the mirror off you cannot locate the bulb. I tried taking the cover off but no luck, not as easy as it looks and I'm afraid of breaking the clips. Anybody know the proper method to change puddle lights on a 958 cayenne. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Pker,
I have a 2013 C-GTS and I'm stuck at the same place. Removed the mirror and swivel control, but the light housing is under the inside supporting frame. Did you figure out how to remove it. If anyone have done this before, please help out.
Thanks
BV

Old 05-05-2013, 04:13 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I also need to know how to change the mirror puddle light on my Cayenne 958.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM
FlyRyde has a spectacular aura aboutFlyRyde has a spectacular aura about
Great write up! Much appreciated!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:53 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Sorry to revive this old thread but couldn't find any newer info. I changed out all my interior bulbs to white canbus LEDs & I am very happy with the look, but couldn't figure out how to get the cover off the rear map lights (the ones over the rear doors).
I got the light assembly out, but it looks like the circuit board snaps into the cover on all 4 sides is is a different design than all the other housings where you just pry up the 4 corners & remove the metal shield.
Anyone successful at getting these bulbs out & if so how did you do it without breaking the cover?
Thanks

Old 03-05-2015, 02:51 PM
grdlaw is on a distinguished road
Great post! Thanks for the info! I just replaced my interior lights. I bought the light kit from Suncoast for about $190. The easiest lights to change were the side view mirrors.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Thing Three is on a distinguished road
2008 Cayenne LED conversion - warm or cool

Based on this thread I just did my 2008 Cayenne ... Twice. The first time I used a cool white kit from iJDMtoy.com. They were expensive, the kit was incomplete, and they look terrible. I will say they do answer emails and the orange plastic pry tool I bought from them worked well. But save yourself the hassle and buy somewhere else. All they shipped was 11 T10 bulbs. There are 13 required in the interior space plus a festoon in the cargo area, not including bulbs in door edges or the exterior mirrors. The pry tool was extra.
The main problem is the light was way too purple. I ordered some warm LED bulbs off eBay (for around $1 each) and didn't really like the color either. I ended up using some cool white bulbs from cointaker.com which is a site I used to do pinball LED conversions (I'm not affiliated with them). T10 bulbs are the same as the 906 bulbs used in pinball machines. The 906 super 5 SMD cost less than $2 ea as of this writing. Their cool white bulbs are warmer than iJDM's and look better. They can still be a bit harsh but I've come to like it. My advice would be to order both warm and cool - they are so cheap - and see what you prefer.
That way you won't have to do it all 3 times like I did.

OD.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: COMPLETE CAYENNE LED Interior Light Change-Over Tutorial