Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Trials and tribulations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Trials and tribulations

I had to basically have my whole front end replaced, so after the adjustor supplied an estimate, and came back to look an additional support to add onto the estimate, I told the bodyshop to put on the turbo front end and, associated parts. He ordered the parts and has gone back and forth with the Pepe Porsche's parts department because they keep going by my VIN number. He's told them a million times he's doing a conversion, but they just keep looking at the VIN. A couple of parts had to come from Germany, and after 3 weeks of waiting for the adjustor, having to wait for him to return for an updated, filling the parking sensors with the correct compoud so the holes won't show, waiting for parts, and re-ordering parts, I hope to have my Cayenne back by this Friday- 4 weeks of waiting. The body shop keeps apologizing, but it sounds like the guys at Pepe are idiots. My wife scraped up my back bumper cover, so for my pain he removed it and repainted the whole cover for only $300.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
ask for diminished value too, get an appraisal from dealership for said diminished value and use that portion to offset any extras they try to fork you on the turbo front.............I have had to accidents that I missed it on.......

I did the same thing with my rear valence.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:57 PM
BobbySpeed will become famous soon enoughBobbySpeed will become famous soon enough
Picked up my Cayenne, after only 4 weeks. Waiting sucked, the dealership kept ignoring the body shop and kept going by the VIN, but I got my turbo front end, plus my rear bumper repaired (scrapes from parking lot) and the whole bumper repainted for the amount of the insurance check plus only my $500 deductible. He had my car detailed inside and out, and the work is 1st rate! It was worth the wait, but it's soooooo good to get out of my wife's Infiniti and back into my Cayenne.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:50 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
it didnt happen if we dont see pics .