Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Renntech lowering module owners advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 11:14 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Renntech lowering module owners advice

Had the module installed and was wondering if anyone here could share with me the lowered settings that they are using. I am running 20 inch wheels and if you have already done the trial and error, I would welcome your input.

MY14 Panamera GTS

Old 09-25-2015, 11:53 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
-20 on all 4 sides and I drive them on sport+ PASM which end up giving me zero fender gap without the tuck in look.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Polar993 has a spectacular aura aboutPolar993 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by tonyep
-20 on all 4 sides and I drive them on sport+ PASM which end up giving me zero fender gap without the tuck in look.

I am considering the Renntech lowering module, and I have a few questions for you:

- Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

- How much did it cost to get it installed and roughly how long did the install take?

- Is It easy to program? Are you using an Android tablet or a laptop to program the ride height?

- Do the Normal, Sport & Sport Plus setting still work with the buttons near the gearshift selector? If you set the Renntech to drop the height by 20mm, does it lower each of the Normal, Sport & Sport Plus settings by that same 20mm drop, or can each ride height selection be set individually to a specific height?

- Do you ever experience situations where your car's height drops when it's parked when you do things like open the doors or trunk? My 2014 GTS does that....when in the Sport Plus setting, if the car isn't fully lowered, once the car is parked for a few minutes when a door is opened, the car drops a few millimeters lower to the correct position.

I am very interested in getting the Renntech module, thus all my questions!

I would really like to get your feedback before pulling the trigger.

Thanks so much!

Old 09-26-2015, 09:36 PM
Goonie is on a distinguished road
It's about $1300. Cheaper used on eBay. Install is pretty easy, there are YouTube videos of it.

I would love to do it, it looks great. Just have a hard time paying over a $1000 for a piece of plastic that cost $10 to make. lol

Old 09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
Renntech lowering module

[QUOTE=Polar993;4406066]I am considering the Renntech lowering module, and I have a few questions for you:

I BOUGHT IT FROM RENNTECHMERCEDES WEBSITE, $1495 V3.5

- How much did it cost to get it installed and roughly how long did the install take?

2 HOURS OF LABOR $130/HR, I DIDNT WANT TO RISK MESSING ON THE ELECTRONICS ON A NEW CAR

- Is It easy to program? Are you using an Android tablet or a laptop to program the ride height?

SO FAR THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN EASY TO FIGURE OUT, DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM ONTO A PC WITH REGULAR USB PORT AND IT SHOWS A FIGURE OF ALL FOUR WHEELS AND THE DESIRED CHANGE IN RIDE HEIGHTS, SEEMS PRETTY SIMPLE, EXCEPT FOR THE LACK OF ADVICE OF RECOMMENDED SETTINGS THAT I AM TRYING TO GET HELP WITH.

- Do the Normal, Sport & Sport Plus setting still work with the buttons near the gearshift selector? If you set the Renntech to drop the height by 20mm, does it lower each of the Normal, Sport & Sport Plus settings by that same 20mm drop, or can each ride height selection be set individually to a specific height?

I DONT KNOW YET

- Do you ever experience situations where your car's height drops when it's parked when you do things like open the doors or trunk? My 2014 GTS does that....when in the Sport Plus setting, if the car isn't fully lowered, once the car is parked for a few minutes when a door is opened, the car drops a few millimeters lower to the correct position.

I HAVENT SEEN THAT YET ON MY14 GTS

Last edited by DrPeter; 09-27-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Tony,

I'm glad to see that the module still retains its "raked look"

Your car looks outstanding. What size wheels are you running?

[/QUOTE]

Old 09-27-2015, 11:17 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Polar993
I am considering the Renntech lowering module, and I have a few questions for you:

I am very interested in getting the Renntech module, thus all my questions!

I would really like to get your feedback before pulling the trigger.

Thanks so much!
I bought it through a dealer in the Bay Area, couldn't remember the exact price as it was 2 years ago. They did the install for me as well, took an hour. Definitely easy to program, I use my Android phone to adjust the ride height so it's very convenient.

Yes the default PASM still works. The Sport+ PASM will lowers the car more on top of what the module has lowered. So in my case, my car is lowered 20mm from the module and by running the Sport+ PASM, I have a total drop of 45mm which gives me the look above.

That's normal for the car. This car comes with a leveling system which adjust the air suspension individually to keep the vehicle level constant, regardless of load distribution.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by DrPeter
Tony,

I'm glad to see that the module still retains its "raked look"

Your car looks outstanding. What size wheels are you running?
HRE 20inch, running OEM size tires. Can't remember the exact sizing, I was running HRE's recommendation.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:12 AM
akshon is on a distinguished road
Smile

We need more pictures of your car tonyep