Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

I have install a nice rearview camera setup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 02:06 PM
TommyH is on a distinguished road
I have install a nice rearview camera setup

hello!
I orderd a real high quality rearview mirror with 3.5" monitor incl camera for cayenne. so happy with the results. i have a wireless camera setup and the only hard part was geting the cabel from one of the reverselight to the front of the car(under sunroofconsol) i drow it in the roof.
the camera is powered by the licensplate light and tranfer wireless signal to the reciver in the front.
super nice OEM look and a good safety feature. good picture aswell. hope you can get inspired, by the way i had to take the original rearviw mirror apart in order to make the new mirror to fit. (sorry form my bad english=)

Last edited by TommyH; 04-27-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:16 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
First implementation I've seen with the monitor on the rear view mirror, nice! From your pic, it looks like the mirror works as normal when not in reverse? Or did you not have the screen attached in that pic? Where did you get the unit from?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Great job Tommy.

I am just about to do this myself. I have the VGA adapter for my PCM and it has a reverse camera input and trigger. I had heard that the only way to trigger the camera is to tap into the reverse bulb power at the tail light. Does anyone have any information contrary to this?? Are there any reverse power triggers under the dash?

Old 04-28-2011, 01:48 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
It's a stealth install from the outside for sure, but I find the rear view mirror with an lcd monitor just too Chevyish...

Old 04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
hey!
the mirror is exactly as good as the porsche oem when not in reverse. when you put in reverse the screen apears like magic=)
i allso had a bad feeling about this when ordering, quality and looks, but to be honest it looks better then porsche oem. 27cm wide nearly exactly as oem.

the cam is for sure stealth.

roxboxxx: if you unscrew (4) torxs in the sunroofconsol, take out the rooflight(2)torx, under sunglass bracket(2)torx then just pull the consol out, then take the right side back curtisylight out and the right side B pole cover(where the belt goes in) one torx under airbag clamp and then just pull, then you take a cabelwire puller same as electrician use(dont know what is called) and start from back curtisylight via the roof to the B pole then its easy to find it behind the right lid in the compartment, and from the curtisylight in back to the font sunnroofconsol then conect the cabel to the grey contact with a black/blue cabel and you are there=) i can get a picture of the contact if you want. i could not find any reverse trigger in front.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:46 PM
roxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant futureroxboxxx has a brilliant future
Thanks tommy. I am going to hunt around and see if some of the installers I know know where the wire is. I might actually go under the dash with a test light and keep depressing the pedal and look for the on/off of test light. In my case its my PCM that will accept the camera input so I will look to pull the wire up from the floor instead of the headliner.

If I have success locating a wire, I will let everyone know for sure!

Old 12-31-2011, 08:42 AM
oseik is on a distinguished road
I really like your rearview camera setup, can PM me the parts used for the install?

Thanks!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:59 AM
This is the mirror i use
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/102781838.html

and this is the cam , (this cam is not wireless so you have to order a wirelees device im sure the supplyer can offer that for you.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

hope you like it

Old 01-01-2012, 09:25 PM
oseik is on a distinguished road
Great! thanks for the info.
Do you have any pictures or instructions on how to trigger the wireless receiver in the front when you reverse?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
With the camera replacing the left license plate light, does it look as if you are driving around with a broken left light or is there a bulb inside the camera piece?

Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 PM
Oseik:
i have listed in this thread how i drow the cable from the backlight(reverselight) this cabel supply the mirror and the wireless reciver, the camera is supplyed by the licenplate light.

Mr C4:
The camera comes with built in led so it lights intense white but not canbus, however it works fine without error. i orderd (2) cams so i would get the same light, but then the canbus said error, so i have a canbus resistor work that out.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:41 AM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
dude this setup is f'ing awesome! i like the clean stealthyness

Old 11-02-2012, 05:37 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
I am putting my fire suit as I write this... I notice this interesting threat and wonder if a simple way to active the camera might be with the brake switch?

Most people have their foot on the brake when backing up.

But would it be a distraction to have your rear camera come on when you are on the brakes while moving forward? I could see times this might be good.. and kinda fun. But all the time?

Just throwing it out.

No Pepper yet, looking. My wife's 987s has terrible blind spots when backing and this rv camera idea might be great for the little piglet.
JR

Old 11-03-2012, 09:20 PM
VIPNiSS is on a distinguished road
TommyH: Can you please let us know how you wired this up? Did you find the reverse signal wire to hook the camera up to?