Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

19' Turbo Wheels or 19' Design II Wheels?!?!? Order Locks Soon! Need Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 03:31 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
19' Turbo Wheels or 19' Design II Wheels?!?!? Order Locks Soon! Need Help!

So I've placed my order thanks to everyone who has helped in my decision and for indulging my questions.

This is the last question since after it locks I'm SOL anyway.

This is going to be my wife's/kid's daily driver so going any larger isn't an option (right now).

I'm debating between the Turbo and the Design 2 wheels. Could those that have either let me know your opinion about both and if you could post some good real world pictures that would be very very helpful? I like the look of both...

Thanks again everyone!

Old 05-10-2011, 04:08 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I decided on the Turbo wheels after I saw them on a truck at the local dealer. However, I've grown to like the Design II wheels after seeing them in more photos. If I did it again, this is the one thing I might change.

My pics are from the same wknd I took delivery. I've since added the colored crests to the wheels, which I think are a nice touch of color to my otherwise monochrome truck.

Attached Images   
Old 05-10-2011, 06:39 PM
fc_
fc_ is on a distinguished road
Maybe asking for the opinions of your wife and kid would be a good idea since they will be driving it most of the time. Anyways, when I ordered mine, we thought the turbo wheels would be easier to wash compared to the design II wheels. In the end, we ended up taking the design II wheels cause I thought it looks better and most of the cars on the lot were all turbo wheels. I want mine to be unique.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by fc_
Maybe asking for the opinions of your wife and kid would be a good idea since they will be driving it most of the time. Anyways, when I ordered mine, we thought the turbo wheels would be easier to wash compared to the design II wheels. In the end, we ended up taking the design II wheels cause I thought it looks better and most of the cars on the lot were all turbo wheels. I want mine to be unique.
Wife doesn't care! I asked! That's the problem. I thought of the cleaning / washing too since the turbo wheels look like they will be a breeze to clean. My kid is 3.5 years old - she doesn't care as long as she can pick the music in the car (kids these days).

They both look good actually. Do you mind posting some pictures of your wheels (if you have any) up close and from full vehicle?

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:56 PM
fc_
fc_ is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately my car hasn't arrived yet. I'm waiting on a late June delivery. Won't be long till someone post the pictures :P

Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
I got the 19" Turbo Wheels, as the cars at my dealer were the opposite of the above post. They seemed to all have the other wheels. I picked up my car last night and am loving them.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Anyone with Design II wheels that can post some real world pictures?!?!?!? I would imagine these would be pretty common....HELP!

Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 AM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
In case you haven't seen, there are like new sets of both of these with tires available on eBay for about the same price (or less) than what Porsche is going to charge you to add them to your order. I think the seller is even in SoCal. You may want to consider those and keeping our order with the standard 18s.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Here are some good shots of a RL user's CS with Design IIs.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ack-black.html

Old 05-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
In case you haven't seen, there are like new sets of both of these with tires available on eBay for about the same price (or less) than what Porsche is going to charge you to add them to your order. I think the seller is even in SoCal. You may want to consider those and keeping our order with the standard 18s.
thanks I found some pictures but I didn't find anything for cheaper than what it would cost in ordering it for OEM's. i think im just going to stick with the turbo's.