Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

CS versus CTT - Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
mikesea is on a distinguished road
CS versus CTT - Help Please

Have been going back and forth for several weeks now between the CS and CTT. Someone please help put me out of my misery and help me decide!

Cost difference is coming out to about $28k after taxes for relatively similarly equipped rides though the CTT seems to have a few more options. So, hate to post such a subjective question but is the nearly thirty extra grand ‘worth it’?

The CS is coming to about $98k after TTL (almost 10% tax in Los Angleses) while the CTT is coming to about $126k after TTL. I am able to get a 5% discount off of MSRP through the USAA car buying service.

Seems like an awful lot of money to me but certainly don’t want to find myself in my CS a year or two down the road and regretting not having the extra power and handling (would get the sport package with the CTT as it seems from the postings here that the PDCC and PTV is a must especially with the Turbo).

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Anyone here with a CS not completely satisfied with the power and performance?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
It depends on your financial situation. I think.....

The CTT is definitely worth it. For me, I would have regretted the CS within 1 week not years later. For another 3k in mods you can add over 100hp/tq and have a 600+hp suv. Not sure what options you are getting, but along with PDCC/PTV you need to splurge on at the least Burmester, LCA, adaptive cruise, venitlated seats, and for sure 21" wheels (with 20" it looks like a hyundai). And if you get a dark color make sure to get the stainless steel skid plates makes it look much more aggressive.
Regardless of what they can afford, my friends who drive $50k cars think its way to expensive, and my friends who drive $100k cars think its a great bargain and actually under priced for all the things it offers and does it so f'ning well.

Overall me thinks you will probably not regret the extra $30k but will regret not having the CTT.

Sorry this forum ends up costing us a lot of money!!!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:44 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikesea
"Seems like an awful lot of money to me but certainly don’t want to find myself in my CS a year or two down the road and regretting not having the extra power and handling"
My friend you answered your own question. Buy the CTT. Spend more, get it right the first time and lose less (by trading it in a year) in the long term and be happy right from day one. BTW, the CS is seriously fast and I am completely satisfied it's power and performance. But I know U won't be satisfied coz you are already thinking about more power when you are in the market for a 400 bhp vehicle. Trust me you do what I tell you to do and you'll thank me for saving you the $$ in the long run.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:45 PM
wishman is on a distinguished road
As a Cayenne lurker who hopes to add one to the stable one day...

I certainly get that more is better. And if I had the choice, would certainly take a CTT over the CS with all things being mostly equal. But I can't see how anyone could regret a CS, especially considering this is an SUV.

If the difference in price is appears to be awful lot of money to you, then it probably is. Yes, it's possible you could regret the performance difference if you get a CS. But if you get a CTT, you could regret spending the extra $$$ if you aren't able to ever take advantage of the performance difference.

Price vs Performance vs Usage is unique to every individual. Only you can determine what car fits the best for your situation.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:53 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikesea
Seems like an awful lot of money to me but certainly don’t want to find myself in my CS a year or two down the road and regretting not having the extra power and handling
If you equip an S with the same perfomance options as the Turbo and with the same tires as the Turbo, you should get even better handling than the Turbo has. Better because the S is lighter and, according to Motor Trend, better balanced front to rear (52/48 versus 54/46).

http://www.motortrend.com/oftheyear/...nne/specs.html

Old 05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
If you have another performance vehicle .. then the CS makes sense .
If not , then consider this .. what if Porsche makes a Turbo "S" ? Then you will have bought the Turbo , spent all this money , only to feel that the options missed are in the 'S' . That's exactly what some in the Panamera section wrestle with .

Old 05-18-2011, 02:37 AM
synk will become famous soon enough
They already announced the power kit last month. It makes 40 HP over the Turbo.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:57 AM
DB-CS is on a distinguished road
I was were you are today, i was going back and forth between them but when i heard the roar of the CS with sport exhaust i finally chose the CS as it has enough power and with the performance options PTV / PDCC / SE it feels great maybe better than the turbo the only plus there is that it goes faster but i think the CS gives the feeling without the speed. i'm not saying that its not fast but it's fast enough for an SUV the only time i regretted buying the turbo was last week when a x6 5.0 passed by next to me and i couldn't beat him. maybe my car is still in the break-in phase and haven't reached it's full potential yet!!!

I agree with Yrralis1 if you have or planning to get another performance vehicle then the CS is great. i would save on the 30k and get the new boxter s or a lotus.

anyway the CS and CTT are great cars any one of them will be good and you will be satisfied.
good luck

Old 05-18-2011, 07:52 AM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I had a 2008 gts and although it was only the 6 speed va the new CS with the 8 speed, still same engine an I sold it bc a altitude it was a goat to me compared to what I'm used to.
Bought the 2011 and coulnt be happier.
Get the CTT at any altitude of you think you want it and dont regret ANY options, get them all .

Old 05-18-2011, 09:53 AM
mteddylee is on a distinguished road
I was in the exact same position with you. Went in the dealership wanting to buy a CS but after test driving the CTT i could never go back to an CS. not that CS is not fast enough but just when you know there is something better it's hard to buy the 2nd best. I am glad cayenne turbo S is not out yet otherwise i would be in another dilemma!

from a price point of view yes 30k is a big step up but if you drive the car for 5 years:
30000/60month/30days= $16 dollars a day extra =) doesn't sound that bad now does it?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM
cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !cuemaster Is a GOD !
you will never regret buying the best.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:12 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely the Turbo, but I am biased

I have driven the '11 S for a few days and thought the performance was "meh". If you think you want more performance before you buy it, then you won't be happy for long with an S.

There are a few members here who buy an S, only to trade it in later for a Turbo.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
for another 3k in mods you can add over 100hp/tq and have a 600+hp suv.
+1...

Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
PaulW is on a distinguished road
Well, I have an 09 GTS and I'm very happy with it. With a few mods you can have 450hp (bypass pipes, intake, exhaust, ECU and SprintBooster) and it will handle great and have reasonable performance. I don't have a TT but even the TT will not be super quick and nimble. This is an SUV after all (albeit an incredibly performing SUV). I have 2 other cars that satisfy my "need for speed" so I wanted my daily driver to do everything well (handle well, look good, sound good, and be able to carry me and my companions in comfort in any weather, etc.) so I'm now on my second Cayenne (had an 04 CS and now an 09 GTS). But thats just me and my opinion based upon my wants and desires. To each his own. Get whichever you prefer. Life is short so enjoy it while you can. I drive my other cars hard and enjoy them (rather than store them so the next owner can have a low mileage, pristine hand me down). Next time I might step up to the TT.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:01 PM
hrd
hrd is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by synk
They already announced the power kit last month. It makes 40 HP over the Turbo.
Can't figure why the powerkit is not listed anywhere on the configurator on the US website, while it is on the Canada and UK and Germany websites. Could it be it will not be available in the US?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CS versus CTT - Help Please