Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

How bad am I going to miss my 997 Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
How bad am I going to miss my 997 Turbo Cab

If I trade it in on a 2012 Cayenne S? I have one that I can grab with a late July delivery date. Fairly loaded, sand white MSRP $86k

The kids just aren't fitting into the Turbo like I hoped... they keep growing for some reason.

I checked out a Cayenne Turbo and it just doesn't seem worth the close to $40k price difference for me...

My other option is buying a '98 4Runner for that duty. Just not sure I want two cars again.

My cab is a 2009 and I love it dearly.

Any Cayenne S owners want to chime in?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:06 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Not a Cayenne owner....but are you out of your mind?

You're actually considering this trade and not even for a Cayenne turbo?

Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bonehead
Not a Cayenne owner....but are you out of your mind?

You're actually considering this trade and not even for a Cayenne turbo?
Hit a rough spot in the old marriage... moved out, not looking good.. I need to consolidate! lol. I already dumped my 2010 S4 because I couldn't bring myself to losing my Turbo.

I think a Turbo Cayenne would just make it worse. I don't mind being a little practical with the S model. Again, $40k for another 100hp... hmm... I'd rather just buy a 993 or something instead. Now if I could have both, no brainer!

I just need someone to tell me not to be stupid and I'll go buy a used 4runner this weekend.

I will say this, the new Cayenne is pretty damn amazing inside... I was blown away.... especially the view roof and navigation. I told the sales guy that I would almost not miss my 997 just sitting in it, however I don't think the driving experience would be the same.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
K997 will become famous soon enoughK997 will become famous soon enough
I'll be that person ... Don't be stupid, get the used 4runner. You'll never stop beating yourself up over letting that car go ...

Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 PM
taddyangle is on a distinguished road
I need to chime in here. I very much wanted a 911 cab, but instead went with an 05 S. Have 2 kids and a 3series vert, as well as a maxima with 125k miles.

Having a third car is great. Having an suv is great.

Having a turbo cab???? How does it get any better than that?

In any case, go buy a used low mileage v6 cayenne for $20k and keep the 911.

If you want to borrow my S for a few weeks to test out how well your plan would work we can swap cars. Let me know, I am in San Diego.

Last edited by taddyangle; 06-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:09 PM
manishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud ofmanishdutta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Hit a rough spot in the old marriage... moved out, not looking good.. I need to consolidate! lol. I already dumped my 2010 S4 because I couldn't bring myself to losing my Turbo.

I think a Turbo Cayenne would just make it worse. I don't mind being a little practical with the S model. Again, $40k for another 100hp... hmm... I'd rather just buy a 993 or something instead. Now if I could have both, no brainer!

I just need someone to tell me not to be stupid and I'll go buy a used 4runner this weekend.

I will say this, the new Cayenne is pretty damn amazing inside... I was blown away.... especially the view roof and navigation. I told the sales guy that I would almost not miss my 997 just sitting in it, however I don't think the driving experience would be the same.
Don't be stupid!!! buy a honda element for the kids day and rest of the time enjoy the freakin life...now you may get lucky again with the top down....stay strong my man

Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
MarkusB1 will become famous soon enough
about the growing kids advice to DrVolk: just stop feeding them.

i know what you mean about having 2 cars, i'd prefer to have just one but i have found that i have this addiction to porsche 911s and i'm not done mainlining driving one.
i frustratingly sold my beloved 07 cab c2 6spd. this year because of my knees and bought a 99 4runner... love the 4runner, but can't stay off this list and dreaming about my next pcar.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:59 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Dont do IT

I have the CTT with the PDCC and it handles great and accelerates the same as my 911. Neither car gives me what the other does. So I drive 1 of them for 2 days then I miss the other one and I do this back and forth. So no matter how great the CS is, it will not give you the feeling of a 911. Every time I read a thread talking about the thrill of driving a 911, I go take mine for a spirited drive. Can not imagine not having that option.
So go get the 4runner, element, minivan, or anything else but do not sell the 911.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:08 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
No point in having the 911 if you see yourself driving the family hauler 75% of the time. My suggestion: Get the 2011 Cayenne (just drive one that is equipped w/ PASM, AS, PDCC, PTV .. it will blow your socks off) and spend 20K and get a '80's 911 to satisfy your 911 craving which is bound to happen once you trade in your 997.

Old 06-04-2011, 01:53 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The 2009 Turbo is not only the last of the gt1 engine but it also has the modernized PCM . You will miss it .

I understand that 2 cars poses a dilema but you are also in transition .

I don't usually like leasing but this might be one example where a short term BMW lease might work . The time frame places a finite boundary . It's a new car, reliable, free service ... it's easy.
They have great rates in contrast to other leases (Porsche is dismal) and if you opt for a 27 month lease by then you will have sorted out the persional issues , be ready to consolidate to one car , and have gotten the full use out of the Turbo.

Good luck.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-04-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:46 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Will you miss it...abso*******lutely!
I have been in a similar position as you,and had the need to consolidate and have only one car EVERYONE could enjoy together
I traded in my 11 TurboS cab for an 11 Cayenne turbo with PDCC,PTV and PCCB and Burmester(another good reason to get the Pepper)
I have enjoyed both to the fullest on the Autobahn( even drove my 911 on the Nordschleife),and while the CT is impressive in its handling and agility,I don't feel quite the same rush as in the 911
However I am happy with my decision and believe the CT to be a very good compromise..it drives and handles more like a big sedan than a SUV and PTV is amazing in turns:allowing you to whip in and out of them with ease
With the CT,you also have the possibility with just a few thousand in mods,to add a good 100hp,which I will do ASAP when my car arrives in the US
I do miss the open air experience as well,but feel I have made the right decision
You have many 6speeders that are here and feel for you bro
All the best to you

Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for all the input everyone. I'm in the first stages of divorce... lots of unknowns ahead of me. It's not something I'd normally advertise, in fact most of my friends don't even know this.

I'm trying to be strategic... I'm not sure how much I'll have the kids... I'm hoping for every other weekend kinda thing at least. I don't want to **** my soon to be ex off any more than she already is by adding another vehicle. (I just gave my 2010 Audi S4 to a doc friend.. he took over my lease.. win for him, just chipped it!)

I'm not really sure how the whole divorce thing works, but part of me thinks a Cayenne on the books vs a Turbo Cab might look better.. Ultimately my kids take priority... maybe I'm still in panic mode.

Anyhow, it looks like I can purchase the Cayenne S, payments about $850/mo after I trade in my 997 for a 5 year loan. Not exactly super attractive to me. The lease would have been $650 for the Cayenne S and $1200 for the C Turbo. I'm paying $1050/mo right now on my 997, have 3-4 years left.

I think I'm going to try and stick it out as long as possible, the only other problem is that now is the best time to sell a Cab... right at the beginning of summer.

I can grab a used 4runner for 6-8k. I think that's a no brainer.... but again, if I have two cars and she has one and we split things 50/50...well, my Cab becomes one big target.... do I sell now while I have the chance or do I wait until I perhaps forced to?! Ugh.

How much do I owe you guys for this therapy session?

Old 06-04-2011, 12:23 PM
taddyangle is on a distinguished road
If I am reading this correct, it appears you will incur additional debt by buying a "less expensive" car. Plus you gave away a car. I get giving away the Audi helped with monthly cash flow, but it would be a horrible thing to have her attorneys spin that back on you. Why would you give away assets owned by both parties, let alone to a friend of yours? See were I am going with this?

Hopefully the divorce is cordial but you really need to think twice about what you do. Sometimes your best intentions can come back and bite you in the ***.

We have friends that went through a nasty divorce, and 10 years later he is still being an *** and making her life miserable. So plan for the worst.

I wish you well.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:06 PM
MarkusB1 will become famous soon enough
hmm it sounds like perhaps your selling your 997 before the divorce may be misconstrued by the 'other side' and be used against you... another possible arrow through your heart.
ok you let go of your audi, i would think doing anything else might be used against you too... you might just want to not do anything until after everything goes down.
And i would assume your lawyer would have the most experience and the best advice in all of this.
good luck

Old 06-04-2011, 09:17 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
It's very easy to give car advice but much harder to give personal advice . From a divorce standpoint it does not matter if you are driving a Turbo or riding a bicycle because you will still have to fill out an affidavit of full disclosure . It's a tough process when two people who once loved each other are placed in adversarial legal roles but if there is any shred of carring left between the two .. it can work out .

I was under the impression that you owned the Turbo outright . Most Turbo owners do. Getting a new car whether its a lease or a purchase only increases your debt .

I do realize that yoir kids are a priority. I also realize that you want to be gracious with yoir soon to be ex . Whether you reconcile with your ex or become single again .. an understated car might actually be more positive at some point in the future.

I would not lease a Porsche . I just feel that their lease rates are atrocious .

It is unfortunate that you are facing a divorce and have a car which is not suited for the kids .. but you got to wait and keep things consistent until the dust settles .

My best advice is to try and be amicable with your wife . You once had something together and you do have thse kids together . Divorce doesn't have to be completely negative . It's growth for both of you and it actually can be quite liberating for both people to move on --apart .

Good luck.

Last edited by yrralis1; 06-04-2011 at 09:19 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How bad am I going to miss my 997 Turbo Cab