Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne GTS Shopping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:58 AM
nardeezy will become famous soon enough
Cayenne GTS Shopping

Noob here!

We finally, removed the Range Rover Sport, Range Rover and Audi Q7 from the running. What would you all think is a reasonable price is for a California owned:

- black/havana
- 28k miles
- non CPO from p-dealer
- pano roof
- oem nav
- oem backup cam
- oem park assist
- rear sunshades
- bose
- oem trailer package
- light comfort
- clean car fax record
- 3yr/36k mile service performed (sales lady indicated a $1.2k service?)

Overall, the car is clean for a non-CPO and very hard to find with these combinations.

Original asking price was $64.9k (sitting for a little over a month). Price dropped to $61.9k a week or so ago. 4th of July weekend sale is $59.8k. I tried a hard bargain today by starting at $50k, but I could only get it down to $57.5k. These folks were not budging much. Is this normal for Porsche dealer?

Luckily, the dealer is closed tomorrow so I bought some time to noodle over it until Tuesday.

I'd like to get some suggestions for moving forward? My wife and I love the car!

Last edited by nardeezy; 07-04-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
A 2008 GTS withou pdcc and pano and 4 zone and others shouldn't be over $50k, period.
Granted they want to make $$$ on the sale bc it was a trade but depends how bad you want it to what you are willing to pay.
But my car, 2008 GTS with pdcc and everythin else minus pano that was 102k brand new only sold for 58k.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Jace
A 2008 GTS withou pdcc and pano and 4 zone and others shouldn't be over $50k, period.
Granted they want to make $$$ on the sale bc it was a trade but depends how bad you want it to what you are willing to pay.
But my car, 2008 GTS with pdcc and everythin else minus pano that was 102k brand new only sold for 58k.
What's pdcc? Basically, the price we agreed to for the vehicle I specified above is what kind of deal (rip off, fair or good)?

I'm thinking it's fair but I'm still going to negotiate some free stuff (Mobridge BT and iPod installed, clear bra, etc.). Also, I noticed that it had the expensive set of Yokohamas installed with a good amount of tread left.

She also mentioned that they performed the 3yr/36mi servince.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I'd say fair would be going rate, good is below current market price. So since you are above market price I'd say rip.

Pdcc

Google it.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:58 PM
What was the ORIGINAL sticker when new?

That will also give you a number to gauge the resale price now.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd say fair would be going rate, good is below current market price. So since you are above market price I'd say rip.

Pdcc

Google it.
When you say "market price" are you referring to a dealer auction market price or consumer market price (www.cars.com, www.kbb.com, www.edmunds.com, etc.)?

I know a guy that works at a large dealership on the east coast and based on the information that I provided to him, he did some research and he felt that $57k (from originally $65k) would be a fair deal but not smoking good.

Given the fact that it's a Porsche dealer, he estimated that they probably obtained the car for around $45k-$49k as a trade-in or broker auction and had put around $4k (general overhead of a large dealer, auction fees, transportation, inspection and servicing) total into the car.

I can't find another car like this within 500 miles (let alone the entire U.S.). A black GTS with pano, rear camera with park assist, nav and trailer hitch doesn't appear to be very common in the used car market within my 500 mile radius?

There's only one GTS in the U.S. that has the pdcc. I'm not sure if my wife would care about pdcc? This would primarily be her car.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm referring to non auction pricing.
I'd pay 50k for the car with no pdcc.
Pdcc isn't for racing. Young to old anyone will see benifits of pdcc safety, handling, normal driving.
I'd never own one without it, but tere are plenty that would.

Seems like you have your mind set on this bc of quanitiy available with options... So with that said get it.
Each car is a personal preference. For instance some might hate my most recent build... You cab search on your own.... Or some might love it.

Just buy smart for you.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:14 PM
Pdcc isn't for racing. Young to old anyone will see benifits of pdcc safety, handling, normal driving.

Seems like you have your mind set on this bc of quanitiy available with options... So with that said get it.
Each car is a personal preference. For instance some might hate my most recent build... You cab search on your own.... Or some might love it.

Just buy smart for you.
Well, I could've already purchased the car but given the fact that I arrived late, the dealer was closing right before the 4th of July and they definitely wanted to go home, so it was very easy to walk away. However, I'm still communicating the the saleswoman over email. This is what I discovered:

Edmunds TMV (priced with options):
Trade-In: $55,049 (this is too generous, a dealer would not pay this)
Private Party: $58,748
Dealer Retail: $62,929
CPO: $67,803

Current Facts
Original MSRP: $89,210
Principal Agreement: $57,500

I didn't buy the car yet and at the same time I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed. I guess there are a lot of factors to consider (supply/demand, availability, market value, specific options, colors, vehicle condition, agreed price, etc.) when determining a "good deal". Also, there are different ways to interpret things based on what's important to an individual. Based on your feedback, it appears that if I were to purchase this vehicle at $57.5k, I would be paying too much?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
For me for that car at the price of 57000 that is too much.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:20 PM
For me for that car at the price of 57000 that is too much.
What would you suggest?

Old 07-05-2011, 03:26 PM

Just buy smart for you.
Mentioned 50k is what it's worth to me. Who knows what it's worth to you.

Old 07-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Mentioned 50k is what it's worth to me. Who knows what it's worth to you.
Interestingly, that's the number that I started at but they never budged. I had inched up little by little.

I can't send PM's yet. I'm not good at wheeling and dealing. Given the fact that I'm not there, the "walk away" factor is gone. You think I still have negotiating strategy? I'm ready to purchase over the phone and scan/email/fax all the paperwork, my credit union can FedEX the check and I can pickup the car over the weekend.

Let's say this was a vehicle that you did want, what would you set as your max threshold?

Last edited by nardeezy; 07-05-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
www.cars.com printout

FYI,

Attached are all of the used GTS models within 500miles of my area. I highlighted the one that I am contemplating purchasing.

Given the fact that they initially marketed the vehicle for $65k, would the dealer lose money if they sold it to me for $50k? Basically, what's the typical margin on these? At this point, the vehicle has only been sitting for a little over 1 month. I think if it's been there for over or close to 3 months, they'd be more willing to sell closer to $50k?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Porsche Cayenne GTS.pdf (228.6 KB, 96 views)
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 PM
taddyangle is on a distinguished road
There is a gray gts with 33k miles on eBay for $49k. It is in florida.

I think the one you are looking at is priced too high, but I get wanting to buy the one you want with all the options you want.

I watched for a long time before I bought. Deals came and went, and one thing I will say is that there will always be a better deal.

How long have you been monitoring prices?

I bet if you put all the gts that are listed on eBay on your watch list you would see that most won't sell and will be relisted.

Fire off a bunch of emails to these as well autotrader to see best deal they will offer. Follow up with phone calls.

This drill will give you a very good feel for what you should pay for that car

Old 07-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
This could be you in black. Just buy it. You won't regret it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=badA0...e_gdata_player

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS Shopping