Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Hello....Just got 08 Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:16 PM
es201nj is on a distinguished road
Hello....Just got 08 Cayenne Turbo

Hello everyone, I've lurked around here and decided it's time to join. Picked up this Cayenne a couple of weeks ago. Hope to keep it for awhile.

So far I did quick detail, clear front corners, lowering links, lowering module to lock suspension, detailed the brake rotor hats (black), rear wiper delete, secondary bypass exhaust, set of 22" EvoKlass wheels from Wheels Boutique. Other parts from Greenmotorsport. Awesome service.....

Shipped and on the way EVOM air intake and IPD Intake Plenum.

1/4 mile track runs:
Totally stock, did only one run, 13.7 @107
Best ET so far 13.3 @ 105 with bypass pipes and 22's

Here's some pics of my rig:

Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 AM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
Great looking CTT, congrats and welcome!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
Where is your rear wiper blade?

Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM
toptier will become famous soon enoughtoptier will become famous soon enough
Nice! Great looking CTT

Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks, all. As for the rear wiper, I've always had my rides smoothed, shaved etc.....Now in my older age I've calmed down some. The rear wiper is just an eye sore for me and it left the glass etched some in it's relaxed position. Polishing it took most of it out. Just a personal thing. Thank goodness the previous owner didn't use it or use it much so it doesn't have the half moon etched effects. I'll never use the rear wiper and it was so easy to just remove and make a filler for the gap that is left.

Was thinking of removing the badge on the hatch too but I think it will be faded in and would need a serious polishing. For now it will have to stay. Cleaning between all those letters was a real PITA.

Once I get the more important mods out of the way I will use a own pneumatic air setup to control the suspension. I don't like having it electronically controlled. I'm glad the factory air suspension is on point or I would have had to do my own custom setup.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Global Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to beholdGlobal Autosports is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the Cayenne Turbo! Enjoy...

Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Doesn't look too different than my 08 CTT.

Glad to see that you are running it hard as well.

Even though I have a softronics ECU, you will definitely notice a big "personality change" when going with your EVOMS it tune.

I would suggest either the BMC air filter or the Agency Power Cold Air Intake, as well as upgraded diverter valves to hold the higher boost levels.

I can tell you that the low-end on my truck went from "meh" (see my inital post on this board about being disappointed during a test drive) to down right "scary".

There has been moments when you just hold on for the ride after I did all the mods above - both on the low-end and top-end.

High 12's are easily attainable once all those mods are combined.

Now that I think about it, I think I need to break out my G-Tech Pro from storage.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
ECU Flash first... We do it via the OBDII port as there is no need to pull the ECU.

Do the BMC filter, and then you are happy is a pig in...

Cayenne parts here - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/P...8-8-38-38.html

Last edited by vividracing; 02-01-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM
I have the Evoms air intake on order. Then I'll do the diverter valves and tune.

Into the 12's would be nice.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:45 PM
hollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura abouthollywood996tts has a spectacular aura about
I also have a CTT same year blk/blk. My favorite option is pdcc, coming from a 05 ctt that did not have it you can really tell the difference. Not to mention DFI.

Doesn't the Gen 2 CTT look much better on exterior than the new Gen CTT? I am sorry but just having a hard time distinguishing between the 2011 turbo and all the other models that look pretty much just like it with exception of slightly larger grills.

I am going to keep mine till the CPO runs out which is 2 more years or up to 100k. I have 54k ish now and loving it. Congrats and enjoy in good health.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:15 PM
slamnss can only hope to improve
Hi great looking CTT.......
I just picked up a marine blue GTS what lowering kit did you use?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:42 AM
I posted up my lowering setup here:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...n-techart.html

Old 08-04-2011, 10:29 AM
daled is on a distinguished road
es201nj, did you ever get the IPD plenums on? If so, did you notice a big difference with them on?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:34 PM
I've had the IPD on for a bit. Seems to drive just fine. No real seat of the pants feeling of more power. Haven't gone to the track with just that installed. I've been waiting for the EVOM air intake and it should be here Monday. I'll install that and then off to the track. I also should be installing the rear section of SuperSprint race exhaust.

Last edited by es201nj; 08-04-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
Doesn't the Gen 2 CTT look much better on exterior than the new Gen CTT? I am sorry but just having a hard time distinguishing between the 2011 turbo and all the other models that look pretty much just like it with exception of slightly larger grills.
I think so as well. The aggressive front of the 08 CTT with the massive air intakes/grille and squinting headlights in black is much more aggressive than the newer Gen 2.

I think alot of people get caught-up in "newer must be better", which is not always the case.

Originally Posted by hollywood996tts
I also have a CTT same year blk/blk. My favorite option is pdcc, coming from a 05 ctt that did not have it you can really tell the difference. Not to mention DFI.
I am surprised that more people do not opt for the PDCC given the fact that my CTT handles like a large sedan with that option. After I lowered the air suspension on 22's it is now more on par with an a large sport sedan - zero drama and almost imperceptible body roll.

This also falls in line with my surprise that more members do not promote the direct fuel injection or Variable Valve Timing upgrades that came in 08. As soon as I saw those two upgrades, I know I could not consider any Cayenne without it.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 08-06-2011 at 12:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hello....Just got 08 Cayenne Turbo