Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

EVOMS intake install on an 06 turbo s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 PM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
EVOMS intake install on an 06 turbo s

I am in the process of doing the passenger side EVOMs intake on my 06 turbo s and when I got to step 6 of the instructions it says to remove the air ride connection that is located on the back of the airbox assembly. It says to pop off a green vent clip. I do not see a vent clip and only see what is pictured below. I tried to pry on that but it does not seem to budge and I am not sure if I am missing something. I do not want to pry to hard and snap the plastic. Does anyone know if something changed from whatever these instructions were written for vs what the 06 has? Any help would be great.

Thank you,

Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:37 PM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
I got it. The green clip was missing. I needed to be prying on the smaller black piece. I got it off and found the plastic was cracked. Not sure if that was from previous owner or dealer who knows.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM
spinny02 is infamous around these parts
Hi,
Use an adjustable/crescent wrench 6-8" (this will add leverage) open it up to just fit around the plug. then pry it off(not turn). It pooped off right away with medium pressure

i had the same problem and struggled for two hours before i smartened up!!!!

hope that helps

Old 10-11-2011, 08:51 PM
bartown is infamous around these parts
Dont be surprise u get a faulty brake booster light later on.... by the way how much those run u?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:38 AM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Just curious, but does that kit come with adapters that bolt on to the factor air flow meters? Because I noticed that the tube that comes of the air box down to the maf has two little bolts holding it on. Can you post more pics of your install?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Just curious, but does that kit come with adapters that bolt on to the factor air flow meters? Because I noticed that the tube that comes of the air box down to the maf has two little bolts holding it on. Can you post more pics of your install?

You unscrew the MAF and connect it to the bottom of the evoms tube and the other part of the maf connects back to the stock plastic pipe. I will try and take some pics. Also if you are thinking of doing the bypass valves this is a good time to do it because everything is open. I did the passenger side last night and removed part of the innner fender well and pulled it back to get my hands up there. Put the new one in with no problem.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:10 PM
03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute03EvoIII has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by underpressure02
You unscrew the MAF and connect it to the bottom of the evoms tube and the other part of the maf connects back to the stock plastic pipe. I will try and take some pics. Also if you are thinking of doing the bypass valves this is a good time to do it because everything is open. I did the passenger side last night and removed part of the innner fender well and pulled it back to get my hands up there. Put the new one in with no problem.
Ok I'm having a hard time visualizing how the evoms silicone intake tube connects up with the MAF....

Thanks for the advice on the bypass valves....Which kit did you purchase?

Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by 03EvoIII
Ok I'm having a hard time visualizing how the evoms silicone intake tube connects up with the MAF....

Thanks for the advice on the bypass valves....Which kit did you purchase?

I will get some pics for you. It will be much easier that way.

I bought the evo bypass valves also.

When I pulled the inner fender well I also cleaned out the intercooler. It was full of road dirt and some cinders. Not sure if it will help cooling at all but atleast they are a lot cleaner now and should improve the airflow.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by bartown
Dont be surprise u get a faulty brake booster light later on.... by the way how much those run u?

Why would you get a faulty break booster light? Does that tie into the breather tube for the air suspension? I don't see how that would affect vaccume on the system unless Porsche has some odd routing of the vaccume system.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Here are a few pics of the intake tube attached to the MAF.

On another note. I went to install the drivers sider bypass valve and when I disconnected the IC tube I got a mouth and face full of oil. I saw oil/grease build up around the turbo but it looks like that is on its way out.

Attached Images   
Old 10-13-2011, 08:21 PM

On another note. I went to install the drivers sider bypass valve and when I disconnected the IC tube I got a mouth and face full of oil. I saw oil/grease build up around the turbo but it looks like that is on its way out.
lol bummer about the face full of oil . Turbo upgrades now?? haha. Thanks for the pics!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
snzuloz is infamous around these parts

I wouldn't be too alarmed about the oil on the drivers side, this is very common on the Cayenne, always drivers side, a result of emission hose routing, oil getting drawn in. The o-rings that seal the tube to the intercooler generally get degraded and leak.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by snzuloz
I wouldn't be too alarmed about the oil on the drivers side, this is very common on the Cayenne, always drivers side, a result of emission hose routing, oil getting drawn in. The o-rings that seal the tube to the intercooler generally get degraded and leak.

How much oil are we talking? I would litteraly say 1/4 or 1/2 of oil came out. After the initial mouth/face/shirt full I put the tube back on thinking I pulled an oil line off. After I cleaned up and grabbed some towels I pulled it off again and a ton more came out. I then grabbed my oil pan and let the rest drain in there.

Is this seal something that would be replaced under warrenty? Also what about all the oil/grease that is coating the turbo and all the areas around it?

Old 10-14-2011, 08:08 AM
snzuloz is infamous around these parts
How much oil are we talking? I would litteraly say 1/4 or 1/2 of oil came out. After the initial mouth/face/shirt full I put the tube back on thinking I pulled an oil line off. After I cleaned up and grabbed some towels I pulled it off again and a ton more came out. I then grabbed my oil pan and let the rest drain in there.

Is this seal something that would be replaced under warrenty? Also what about all the oil/grease that is coating the turbo and all the areas around it?

Yes if you had an oil leak in this area it is most likely the o-ring for the tube that connects the turbo outlet to the intercooler, the oil over time eats the o-ring and subsequent leaks occur. This should be covered under warranty. If/when a turbo fails (seals) the amount of oil that is passed is horrendous usually. Most people get a cup full or more when that tube is removed.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by snzuloz
Yes if you had an oil leak in this area it is most likely the o-ring for the tube that connects the turbo outlet to the intercooler, the oil over time eats the o-ring and subsequent leaks occur. This should be covered under warranty. If/when a turbo fails (seals) the amount of oil that is passed is horrendous usually. Most people get a cup full or more when that tube is removed.

Based on the amount of oil on me, the ground, and oil pan I would say there was atleast a cup full if not more. I have an appt with the dealer to have them look at it. Now I have to put the stock airboxes and diverter valves back in. I didn't even get to drive the car with them on. I should be a pro at installing these next time around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMS intake install on an 06 turbo s