Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Aftermarket DVD China - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:06 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Aftermarket DVD China - what do you think?

I was wondering if any of you guys have 1st hand info on these units? Are they any good? Im considering getting one because my oem PCM navi does not work in my region and im also having a difficult time with iPod integration (dont want to use dension and other piggy back modules). Looks ok to me but what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETO-Porsche-...t_17831wt_1003

Old 07-23-2012, 01:17 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
I think you should buy one and let us know how it works for you. That would be a service to the entire Cayenne community..

Old 07-24-2012, 05:15 AM
fullmetaljacket will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by deilenberger
I think you should buy one and let us know how it works for you. That would be a service to the entire Cayenne community..
:-)

I'm contemplating...believe me.

The price seems ok @ US$869 and shipping is also free to my country so there really not much problem there.

I tried to get in touch with the seller and asked about the fiber optic work around. He said that they will have to send me 3M fiber optic cables and that the original amp had to be disabled because their units are self amplified. It's exactly this issue where I need 1st hand experience. I do not want to spend $869 bucks and finding out that my old PCM sounds much better.

In the meantime, I'll ask the wife if I can sort of invest $869 so that I could share the learnings on this forum ok :-) Cheers!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:58 AM
CSnyde01 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fullmetaljacket
:-)

I'm contemplating...believe me.

The price seems ok @ US$869 and shipping is also free to my country so there really not much problem there.

I tried to get in touch with the seller and asked about the fiber optic work around. He said that they will have to send me 3M fiber optic cables and that the original amp had to be disabled because their units are self amplified. It's exactly this issue where I need 1st hand experience. I do not want to spend $869 bucks and finding out that my old PCM sounds much better.

In the meantime, I'll ask the wife if I can sort of invest $869 so that I could share the learnings on this forum ok :-) Cheers!
IMO, you can spend $100 or so more and get a trusted, reliable unit like the Pioneer that'll give you everything. I wouldn't buy this unit...who does the warranty work? I'm sure you'll have to send it back to China, then what? Plus, these have REALLY come down in price, check it out:
Amazon Amazon

Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
has anyone ever tried this product? i really like the oem appearance of it and the fact that it supposedly works with the factory steering controls

Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
that's pretty cool

Old 12-28-2012, 01:01 PM
mdot is on a distinguished road
Im pretty curious about this as well

Old 12-29-2012, 11:31 AM
s4treg is on a distinguished road
Anybody? This really would be great to learn about.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
any one ever end up trying this out? I'm tempted to bite the bullet and do it.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
we should set up a donation acct and have members put in to raise the $$. Then one of us can install and let others know how it went for future info... 'everyone pays their fair share'....never heard that one before though, right?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
Someone should invite the vendor to come chat in this forum. They can gain a ton of business with the level interest here. China is probably the biggest market for the Cayenne. I'm sure someone has installed this product.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
OK, I just posted a question to the seller, and invited him to come to this thread. Let's see what happens.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 AM
ETO STEREO is on a distinguished road
ETO stereo for Porsche Cayenne:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETO-Porsche-...item416466625a
I am the seller, my name is Fan Zhang, so far, we have sold this item for 2003-2009 Porsche Cayenne, all are coming with fiber optic, it is easy to check whether your car have fiber optic or not, please check this photo:
Name:  Porsche Cayenne-2006-Mexico optic fiber.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  132.0 KB
If your factory stereo have the marked plug, then the car has fiber optic, if you check the other terminal of this wire, you will find the speaker plug. When you install our stereo, our 3 meters speaker wire will take place of this fiber optic wire. the after-market stereo are coming with built-in amplifier, the car speaker have to be connected with stereo directly. So after installation, the factory fiber optic system can't work anymore. Some buyers worry about the sound quality, in fact, buyers who bought this item never complain the sound quality, one buyer from USA ever told us the sound quality is very good.

We have installation experience of this stereo in Cayenne, so if some one interested in this item, you can learn to install unit by yourself with our support.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM
Sjt0017 is on a distinguished road
I am also in the market for a new GPS headunit since I believe ours (955's at least) are completely outdated, and I came across this unit on ebay a few months ago and it "looked" intriguing, simply because the UI looks very vibrant and updated, and TURN *****! Turn ***** for volume and channel seeking are definitely a prerequisite for me, and keeping as much of the OEM look as possible is also key. I don't want to have to hit a volume up button 40 times to turn the volume up when I get on the highway.

So I checked out youtube and found a video on this specific GPS unit, and although I was hoping for something that showcased the sound quality, it did however show how the responsiveness of the interface. I still have a couple of questions for the ebay seller and to you guys, if I replace the OEM fiber optic wire with their CAN BUS wire, is the Bose sub just a paperweight at that point, or does it still keep all speaker components the same as OEM, including at least "most" of the sound quality of the stock Bose?

Youtube video below, I'd be interested in hearing what all of your thoughts are...

Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Totemus is on a distinguished road
I just came across the similar unit and the seller promises it would support fiber optics, about $900 from China. Still in doubts if it is a good deal as quality is what concerns me...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket DVD China - what do you think?