Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cover On The Back Of Passenger Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 12:07 PM
ginatom is on a distinguished road
Question Cover On The Back Of Passenger Seat

Hi.....The cover on the back of my passenger seat has fallen down and I can figure out how to hang it or put it back in place. Has anyone had this problem before and if so how did you repair it? Thanks

Old 07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Mr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to beholdMr. Haney is a splendid one to behold
Both mine did that. So has my headliner. I think the glue used in some of the Cayenne's assembly is not so good with the heat:-(

So, now that your seat back is hanging off, be careful because at the bottom of the back are two black plastic hanger looking things that hook over the inner seat structure and retain the back at the bottom. If you continue to let the back flop those will break off and are not replaceable alone. With that being said, there is also upholstery at the bottom of the seat back that will hold the bottom in. It is some elasticy material. The culprit of this are three black plastic clip/retainer thingys that hold the seat back on at the top. The glue comes undone from the seat back and it falls off. Those black plastic peices are still in the seat frame right now on your car. They are held to the metal frame by metal clips.

Unclip them and take them off. I recommend doing them one at a time so that you do not get the orientation mixed up. You should be able to look at the inside of the seat back and see EXACTLY where they were glued. Go get some Gorrilla Glue and reglue them to the inside of the seat back. I have done this on both of my front seats and even though my lower clips broke, the uppers are enough to retain the seat backs. Still holding up well!

Good luck:-)

Old 07-31-2012, 06:33 PM
PianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud ofPianoProdigy has much to be proud of
My driver's seat back has fallen again though the last repair that the shop did (look like a **** ton of epoxy) lasted a whole year. I'll just have to use something thick again and have another set of hands to help me hold everything in place while it sets.

POS Cayenne lol

Old 03-27-2014, 06:22 AM
scousewoman is on a distinguished road
seat backs fallen off

Velcro

if the plastic clips have come unstuck from the back, I would leave them clipped into the housing.

remove any excess old glue. Smear new strong glue on the plastic clips. That way you will have them in the exact position they need to be to reconnect with the seat back.

Using self-adhesive velcro, place a strip on the back of the seat where it connects to the seat back. Do the same on both sides of the seat.

Place both the hook side and fabric side together so you know both sides are exactly aligned. I don't think it matters which side you attach to the seat and which to the seat back.

Remove the adhesive tape from the exposed sides that will connect with the seat back.

Lift the seat back carefully into place and press hard on the points where the velcro is attached and where the seat back connects with the plastic clips in the housing.

Hold for as long as it takes for the glue to set.

Works a treat for me on the Costa del Sol. Cost 2 or 3 euros.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:59 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
at first I tried epoxy but it wouldnt hold. So I went out and got some Industrial strength Velcro. It works amazing, once the adhesive sets up in the first 24 hours you are good to go.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:56 AM
cordsig79 has a spectacular aura aboutcordsig79 has a spectacular aura about
Ok, Now I get it.

I used to build pool tables and used 3mm epoxy, it has failed a few times but if I re expoxy it, and add the velcro, then use the seats down to hold it and let it set in this should do it.

I was about to just buy some of these tactical carry seat backs to cover the missing backs!

Originally Posted by scousewoman
Velcro

if the plastic clips have come unstuck from the back, I would leave them clipped into the housing.

remove any excess old glue. Smear new strong glue on the plastic clips. That way you will have them in the exact position they need to be to reconnect with the seat back.

Using self-adhesive velcro, place a strip on the back of the seat where it connects to the seat back. Do the same on both sides of the seat.

Place both the hook side and fabric side together so you know both sides are exactly aligned. I don't think it matters which side you attach to the seat and which to the seat back.

Remove the adhesive tape from the exposed sides that will connect with the seat back.

Lift the seat back carefully into place and press hard on the points where the velcro is attached and where the seat back connects with the plastic clips in the housing.

Hold for as long as it takes for the glue to set.

Works a treat for me on the Costa del Sol. Cost 2 or 3 euros.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Fuzzo is on a distinguished road
sorry to resurrect an old thread but is the only solution trial and error with various glues.

one of my clips are broken as well. any ideas of these can be purchased seperately.

my last hope is the velcro...

Old 01-22-2015, 03:53 AM
From all my experiences Velcro gave the quickest results. If you live in a high heat area (80-90+F)it will still fall off. It will work during the cooler months. I finally gave up after the expoxy's, super glues, and industrial strength Velcro and went with seat covers. As much as I hate to say it.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:56 AM
TSAF NKUF is on a distinguished road
My driver's side did this past summer. The plastic piece came off. Krazy glue and bent the prongs out more and that solved the problem.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Fuzzo is on a distinguished road
any idea if those prongs can be purchased separately?

Old 01-21-2016, 12:19 AM
xcracer is on a distinguished road
Same question. Can they be bought and where
Also where can I get the whole seat back. I bought mine with drywall screws already in it.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:18 AM
I would bet most likely a dealer item but you maybe able to find at some shop online. Once you get the part number you should be able to find it.

Old 01-21-2016, 08:04 AM
Here is the solution I used, 90 bucks BIFL.

http://rennlist.com/forums/porsche-c...l#post12465466

Old 01-21-2016, 09:14 AM
xcracer is on a distinguished road
The part number for an 03 in tan is what I need...

Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Need me to put gas in it for you, change the oil? Lol.

You need to try googling it..."Cayenne Seat Back Part number"......Or you can call the dealer, ask for parts, then speak to a rep on the part number for your specific VIN.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Cover On The Back Of Passenger Seat