Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Random air suspension purge?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
Question Random air suspension purge?

I've had my CTT for many years now and other than rebuilding the compressor 2+ years ago I've had no air suspension issues. /

The last couple of weeks if I let it sit for weeks at a time the right front will sit much lower than the rest of the car but levels right out when driven and stays up if driven every couple of days.

Last night I was standing in a parking lot talking to someone with the rear glass open. CTT had beep parked for about an hour already. I opened the rear passenger door to grab something out and when I shut it the air suspension purged ALL its air and set the CTT ALL the way down on the bumpstops!

When I started it it immediately rose back up to the "lowest drivable setting" and has been fine since! Kind of hard to tell from the picture but this was easily 3-4 inches lower than the lowest driveable setting. Much lower than the loading setting.

Anyone experience this? Anyone know how to recreate it?

Took a picture with my iPad(cell phone was dead)

Old 09-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Cole,

Mine will occasionally purge the air after a drive with loud hiss, but it doesn't go all the way down to the bumpstops like yours. The only vehicle I've ever owned that would drop down on one side after not being driven was my old Allroad Quattro.

I'll be curious to see how you resolve this one...

Old 09-07-2012, 10:56 AM
Cole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really niceCole is just really nice
I'm kind of afraid I had a very slow leak in the front air bag. So slow that if I drove it often I wouldn't notice.

Almost tempted to see if I can find it with soapy water and see if a tube patch kit would work on it;-)

Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Mine tries to level itself from time to time but has never dropped to the bottom like this before. I was almost like I had flipped a switch. (Wonder if I could install such a switch so I could leave it sit all the way down when know I won't drive it much ?)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 PM
underpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond reputeunderpressure02 has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed mine will do that if I jack it up and then set the jack down. It won't air out until I open a door but then it airs out.

Old 09-08-2012, 03:22 AM
X5X
X5X is on a distinguished road
Mine has sunk down to loading before, but not to the bump stops. My W220 S500< 4MATIC sometimes sinks quite low down when I park it, not to the bump stops, but lower that the "sport" setting (lowest drivable setting for AIRmatic) But apparently thats normal I'm getting lowering links soon, so I'll see how that plays out, and a lowering module for the Cayenne

Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
No experience with it. I would hook up a Durametric and look for errors with the Level Control. If not faults are found, I would consider doing the calibration on the level control.

There is an article on the Touareg forums that tell you how to purposely feed in higher values when doing the calibration, so you can have the level control system lower the CTT about 25mm lower than stock. In actuality, it looks more like a 1.5 -2" drop. This is how I lowered my CTT.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 AM
mudman2 is on a distinguished road
Cole

I had that on my old 04S. Its very scary. I managed to do the drive of shame to the dealer at 15mph. 1 of my air tanks (storage) developed a leak and since the are in series both went down in a hurry.

Looks cool tho but very uncomfortable to drive.

Later I eventually had both front struts go, at 50K and about 80K

Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Talking

Fwiw, it hasn't done it since.

....and I actually drove the CTT a couple of days in a row!

Will see what happens when I dig it back out in a few weeks. Off wondering around the country on my motorcycle again.