Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Rear window spray nozzle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Rear window spray nozzle

When you use your rear window spray nozzle to clean with wiper, does the nozzle spray a nice mist onto the window, or does it let out a stream of fluid that does not mist?
Wondering since I noticed my rear window spray does this and I wonder what I would need to replace to make this right.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:30 PM
aspenone will become famous soon enoughaspenone will become famous soon enough
Is it trickling out? if so get a pin or a needle and clean the nozzel should fix the problem

Old 04-12-2013, 05:46 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
It is not trickling out but shoots out in a jet like pattern, as if from mini water hose almost...no misting

Old 04-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I think thats normal man

Old 04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Serious? Are those Germans crazy?

Old 04-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by ciaka
Serious? Are those Germans crazy?
haha yeah I think so...I will go outside and check mine and report back for you

UPDATE: mine seems to run down the rear window like small hose as the way you reported. Not jet no spray looks like a trickle or as if you left the hose on the ground and it has water pouring out hope this helps

Last edited by aspenone; 04-13-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM
that's exactly like what mine does...serious? Could not do a better job to disperse the water there? Would have added what, 25 cents to the cost?
Is this proper operation or defective?

Originally Posted by aspenone
...looks like a trickle or as if you left the hose on the ground and it has water pouring out hope this helps

Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
That's they way they were designed. The nozzle spits out a single stream of water rather than a wide spray pattern. There was a TSB for leaking nozzles on early Cayennes. I believe (it has been a while, so I don't remember 100%) that the original nozzles are black and the replacement nozzles are red.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Dennis C
That's they way they were designed. The nozzle spits out a single stream of water rather than a wide spray pattern. There was a TSB for leaking nozzles on early Cayennes. I believe (it has been a while, so I don't remember 100%) that the original nozzles are black and the replacement nozzles are red.
I think my nozzle is red...Im suprised about the nozzel everything else on this car is so well throught out and 110% Im very impressed with it

Old 04-15-2013, 02:12 AM
digitaljok is on a distinguished road
The single stream out the rear nozzle is by design. I brought it up at the dealer and even the SA was unaware that it was normal until it came back from the shop as-is.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 PM
That's it...I'm sellin'!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Bigbuzuki will become famous soon enough
I wonder if the 958 has a different spray pattern?

Old 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM
Anyone with newer gen Cayennes that can comment on what they see from their rear window spray nozzle? On the 955 gen, it is not a spray nozzle but a squirt nozzle.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Mine is a 957

Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I don't have a problem with the stream pattern on the 955. Just run the wiper for a couple of cycles with the washer squirting fluid on the glass and it does a fine job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rear window spray nozzle