Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

B&B (Billy Boat) full 3" exhaust on CTTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:39 AM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
B&B (Billy Boat) full 3" exhaust on CTTS

Click link to Skip to install pics of this system further down in thread - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4117092

Video sound clips:

Hi Guys,
I have been researching options on a new exhaust for my '09 CTTS
Has anyone here had experience with the B&B (Billy Boat) system?
I like that it is all 3" 304 SST mandrel bent & includes the 2nd Cat delete, Midpipes & performance mufflers, and is $2100. I want to retain my factory CTTS tips as I really like the look of them & this option is available on this system. I also like that I don't have to cut my factory system to install this system & can save it if I ever sell the truck down the road (although I can't imagine what would ever make me do that now). I have the IPD plenum, agency power DV valves, & Softronic performance tune already installed & want better sound to go with the power that I am already making, so I'm not looking to add more power with the exhaust but I won't complain if it does
I'm wondering if anyone has installed this system or have seen it & how the quality, fit/install & sound is. Thanks!

Last edited by mrbrianc; 07-25-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added Video
Old 03-10-2014, 02:35 PM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
My only experience with B&B exhausts was years ago when I was in my BMW M car phase. Back then, B&B had some serious quality control issues - as in stuff not fitting without requiring significant modification. They probably do better now since it appears they've expanded their product line.

The best exhaust mod for any CTT is simply to install the secondary cat bypass pipes (available from numerous vendors). By far and away the best bang for the money. For more power out of the exhaust, you can do either straight downpipes off the turbos, or hi-flow catted downpipes. Anything rearward of the bypass pipes is strictly for sound.

If you're not in a huge rush, you could do the bypass pipes now, and then wait until you can find someone selling a used performance exhaust for the CTT. They do pop up for sale every once in a while, and they normally go for less than fifty cents on the dollar.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:04 PM
mrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nicemrbrianc is just really nice
Thanks for the suggestion.
I really am more focused on the sound improvement side for this mod, so just doing the 2nd cat delete alone, won't really help much with that. This is why I liked the B&B system because it comes with that as well, kind of a bonus. I also thought the larger pipe size would add some grunt to it. I helped a buddy install a similar B&B system on a C7 recently & all fit well & sounded amazing. Was hoping for a similar experience from someone here.

Old 03-10-2014, 03:12 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Not had good luck in the past with B&B quality. If you wanna keep factory tips I would suggest deleting all the cats and utilizing the stock muffler.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:59 PM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mrbrianc
Thanks for the suggestion. I really am more focused on the sound improvement side for this mod, so just doing the 2nd cat delete alone, won't really help much with that. This is why I liked the B&B system because it comes with that as well, kind of a bonus. I also thought the larger pipe size would add some grunt to it. I helped a buddy install a similar B&B system on a C7 recently & all fit well & sounded amazing. Was hoping for a similar experience from someone here.
Actually, the secondary cat deletes WILL provide a huge sound difference/improvement. Ask anyone on the forum about that mod by itself...

Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by gh0stman
From what I have seen most people have reported that cat deletes on a turbo give less of a power upgrade than thought

I completely disagree and have never read that in any of the forums I frequent. After I installed my secondary cat bypass pipes on my Turbo, the first time I drove it was amazing - like the engine had just been uncorked. My seat of the pants dyno says if a Turbo owner were to do only one mod and one mod only, it should be the secondary cat bypass pipes. As always, YMMV.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 AM
ez1973 will become famous soon enoughez1973 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spooltime
I completely disagree and have never read that in any of the forums I frequent. After I installed my secondary cat bypass pipes on my Turbo, the first time I drove it was amazing - like the engine had just been uncorked. My seat of the pants dyno says if a Turbo owner were to do only one mod and one mod only, it should be the secondary cat bypass pipes. As always, YMMV.
Agreed. I don't ever remember anyone reporting any loss of HP with that mod.

Old 03-11-2014, 07:28 AM
A post of someone claiming he read a post saying something? That's persuasive.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 PM
I agree & have only ever heard good opinions on the Cat delete for either Turbo or non-turbo applications & it made a big improvement on my CS. It stands to reason, that the second set of cats is only there for sound deadening reasons, as the first set of cats do all the pollution control by themselves. The extra restriction added by them is a huge improvement when eliminated & there is also a weight decrease which is marginal on the +5100 lbs vehicle but still offers some degree of improvement. This is a mod I think all Cayennes should have.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by ez1973
Actually, the secondary cat deletes WILL provide a huge sound difference/improvement. Ask anyone on the forum about that mod by itself...
I have heard them on a Turbo and didn't think it was as big of a change as it was on my CS, which I loved the sound difference the cat deletes made. I will change them for sure on my CTTS, but by themselves they don't add the sound improvement I'm looking for.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't heard of anyone installing this B&B exhaust system on a Cayenne.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Well if I end up being the first, I will take many pictures during the install & a video afterwards & let everyone know how it goes. Still exploring options on other systems, but this one has some interesting benefits that I mentioned above, if the quality is there, which is very important to me. I'm trying to find out now what the return policy is if there are issues during the install. Opposed to others comments here, I have had good luck with B&B on other platforms in the past.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an interesting option. B&B is well regarded in the domestic world.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Well after a lot of research, and many conversations with the owner of B&B (Mike Boat), I have decided to bite the bullet & order this system. I Like this system on paper, since it is a full 3" 304 Stainless all the way including the 2nd cat delete pipe & it is built to purge any resonance (drone). I can keep my factory exhaust all in one piece (no cuts needed) for future return to stock if needed. I have been assured that the fit is very well controlled & they have had no issues on any 09-10 CTTS. B&B is a small company & originally started out Specializing in 911 performance exhaust, now they have a full line of support for many makes of performance cars. My friends new C7 corvette sounds & performs amazing with their system & it went on for us easy & without any issues at all.
Like I said, I plan to do a full DIY on this with pictures & a video/sound clip after all is done. I can't wait for it to arrive to get started!

Old 03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !GTstreet996 Is a GOD !
I'm looking to do the same but wasn't sure of quality. It's a hell of a deal for a full 3" system, including the secondary delete all the way to exhaust. I've been wanting to upgrade to 3" system for some time. When are you doing the install? as I might order a system if your feedback is a positive one.

Originally Posted by mrbrianc
Well after a lot of research, and many conversations with the owner of B&B (Mike Boat), I have decided to bite the bullet & order this system. I Like this system on paper, since it is a full 3" 304 Stainless all the way including the 2nd cat delete pipe & it is built to purge any resonance (drone). I can keep my factory exhaust all in one piece (no cuts needed) for future return to stock if needed. I have been assured that the fit is very well controlled & they have had no issues on any 09-10 CTTS. B&B is a small company & originally started out Specializing in 911 performance exhaust, now they have a full line of support for many makes of performance cars. My friends new C7 corvette sounds & performs amazing with their system & it went on for us easy & without any issues at all.
Like I said, I plan to do a full DIY on this with pictures & a video/sound clip after all is done. I can't wait for it to arrive to get started!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: B&B (Billy Boat) full 3" exhaust on CTTS