Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2008 Cayenne GTS is throwing two codes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:16 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Question 2008 Cayenne GTS is throwing two codes

My Cayenne runs great but my check engine light recently came on. I dropped it off at the dealer and they told me it's throwing two codes ( P1094 & P1081).

The tech replaced my MAF's but that didn't clear the code so the dealer reinstalled the old MAFs. They're now telling me it's because I don't have secondary Cats..I'm calling BS because the secondary CATS don't have sensors and I've been running with a Bypass pipes for over a year with no issues ( I also had BYpass pipes on my Cayenne Turbo with zero issues).

Do you think it might be my 02 sensors on my primary CATS? Any other suggestions on what it might be? The dealer is trying to rip me off to the tune of $4K to replace the CATS.

Thanks

J

Old 10-28-2014, 03:12 AM
gh0stman is on a distinguished road
From looking up the codes it looks like you might need them replaced(O2 sensors). The first code you put appears to be related to the MAF. As for the CATS they were probably having a sales slump and needed your business to help pay the rent.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
I read somewhere that California has a 7/70 Extended Emissions Warranty. Has anyone else heard of this law? I'm going to see if Porsche will cover the replacement under warranty ( despite the fact that my factory warranty has expired).

Old 10-29-2014, 07:45 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
If they said it is your secondary cat bypass pipes that are causing the codes, then that would be a red flag for a cop out answer. Many people here run just secondary cat bypass pipes with no codes. I would press them to continue diagnosing without "explaining away the issue" or just throwing parts at it. Seems like they are trying the latter.

Sounds like you already know this, so we have to figure out what it could be. Is there is any reason your dealer gave you generic PXXXX codes? When pinpointing these issues, it would be better to get the Porsche DME error codes stored since they are more granular/specific.

Last edited by Renaissance.Man; 10-29-2014 at 07:47 AM.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:40 PM
dimf is on a distinguished road
I have cold air intake and secondary cat delete on my 09CGTS and it started throwing these codes (Durametric)
8110 - No signal/communication
9410 - Value below limit
8004 - Value below limit

I removed the cold air intake, reinstalled the factory airbox and started using a pair of K&N filters last April, and the codes never went back..

Old 11-04-2014, 10:29 PM
So they replaced my primary cats and after 10 mins of driving the Check Engine light came back on ( as I suspected it would). So it's back to the dealer.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:04 AM
Renaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond reputeRenaissance.Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff SD
So they replaced my primary cats and after 10 mins of driving the Check Engine light came back on ( as I suspected it would). So it's back to the dealer.
Ugh..not a surprise though - that was expected from where I am sitting.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:00 PM
r6bruin is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about the situation, may I ask if the dealer eventually addressed the issue and what is the cause of it?

Thanks!

Old 07-14-2021, 04:22 PM
GdBoss is an unknown quantity at this point
Repaired

My Cayenne runs great but my check engine light recently came on. I dropped it off at the dealer and they told me it's throwing two codes ( P1094 & P1081).

The tech replaced my MAF's but that didn't clear the code so the dealer reinstalled the old MAFs. They're now telling me it's because I don't have secondary Cats..I'm calling BS because the secondary CATS don't have sensors and I've been running with a Bypass pipes for over a year with no issues ( I also had BYpass pipes on my Cayenne Turbo with zero issues).

Do you think it might be my 02 sensors on my primary CATS? Any other suggestions on what it might be? The dealer is trying to rip me off to the tune of $4K to replace the CATS.

Thanks

J
I had the same problem. My Cayenne GTS did have 1 bad MAF but I replaced them both cheaply by buying them without the housing. About 1 month after installing them the P1094 came up again. I checked them again but they were working correctly. After getting frustrated that even the dealer could not find the problem, I finally paid a local Porsche shop for a smoke and leak test and found that the breather hose had broken. (part # 948 105 245 04) OEM. It fits under the air-oil separator and is a 10-minute replacement part. It has been 3 months and no light yet. The engine even has a smoother idle now. Any air leak will cause the code to pop up even when it's not the MAF's. I worked at a dealer many years ago and I can honestly tell you it will ALWAYS be a ripoff. They get paid by commissions, so the more you spend on repairs, the more they take home as salary!