Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Tutorials - 955 CTTS - menchacai sandbox

Old 07-03-2017, 12:34 PM
menchacai is an unknown quantity at this point
Tutorials - 955 CTTS - menchacai sandbox

Hi,
i open new thread where i will publish all the work, repairs and modifications which i will do on my cayenne.
I hope admins will allow to have my own thread (maybe it could one day become sticky )

So...
Short introduction of my car
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 521HP, year 4/2006
I bought it this year in january and it had app.250.000km.
The seller told me that car had major service done before it went for selling (app.6000$).
I noticed that complete brakes were replaced and complete cardan shaft. He told me also that turbos were resealed but im not (yet) expert for porsches so i couldnt tell (about turbos we will speak later).

Last weekend i did some adjustment to my suspension (lowering :P) and i noticed that the cooling temp. went to 100C. I didnt care so much because red area is at 120C. But i remember when i check for some errors that there was error regarding front fans but i didnt take so much attention to that
when the car is on road the temp. is 80C at summer.

When i finished lowering i went straight to highway where i pushed my car to high revs and....you know what i mean
then suddenly the coolant liquid flush my rear window and warning light shows up. i stopped and i noticed that coolant is leaking somewhere from rear of the engine.
i only hope that some pipe brake not the engine block

Now i start to disassemble all the covers from engine to get to the coolant pipes which are above the starter.
I read somewhere or hear somewhere that turbo S had factory aluminium pipes not plastics. I will find out this when i will remove manifold.

During the disassemble i noticed some oil which came from right side (if you stand in front of the car) into manifold. oil is also in the right pipe (i dont know from where this pipe comes...maybe from turbo?).
Can somebody tell me what is the cause of this oil intrusion. Is it from turbo?
attached are pictures. there is also picture of right cover with some sensor from where also leak oil.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_192150.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	479440   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_192211.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	479441   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170703_192223.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	479442  
Old 07-05-2017, 06:29 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Welcome and there won't be any problem with starting your own thread. Several people have done the same thing. More knowledge is always better I think!

As for the oil, yes that is somewhat normal coming from that side. The pipe you are seeing is coming from the turbo and intercooler. If you take the hose off from the bottom between the turbo and intercooler you will get an ounce or so of oil that collects in that side.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:15 AM
Hi
Tnx for answer about oil intrusion. So i wont do any disassembly on those pipes.

I already ask this in previous post about oil leaking at sensor.
Is this sensor or switch for chain?
i saw a video where the same engine was completely disassembled and on the area where this sensor is located is some guard/protection for chain.
Just guessing...maybe this protection is somehow damaged. Has anybody some exeriences with this kind of fault?
left side is ok.

Attached Images   
Old 07-18-2017, 03:10 AM
i'm back,

i find out where the cooling liquid leaked. it was behind of the engine (reverse hose...on the picture)

in this location i find a sealed hose with some plastic cap which has a letter A. Is this some pressure release valve or something? (attached is a picture)

Can somebody tell me location where i can release out of system the rest of liquid (radiator)

Name:	c1.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	480263   Click image for larger version

Name:	c2.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	985.5 KB
ID:	480264  
Old 07-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Domino is on a distinguished road
As far as I know, this return hose should be connected to cooling system breather tube, that connects both cylinder heads. It's under the intake manifold.

Black plastic "Y'' type tube.

And about the "sensor" from your previous post. That is a timing angle adjuster solenoid or VVT.

Last edited by Domino; 07-19-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:04 PM
hi
tnx Domino for explanation of purpose of mentioned hose.
i fix that problem but im still curious for what is the blinded hose from second picture. it is sealed with plastic cap with a letter A on it.
what could be the problem of oil leaking at this solenoid (VVT)? any clue?

Old 07-19-2017, 12:10 PM
Oil leaking because of bad gasket or inaccurately placed valve cover - it has few millimeters of walk and if placed incorrect, VVT gasket gets stretched on one side and makes gap. Check it.
About plastic cap, I think it could be AC plug. Never looked for one in my engine bay.
EDIT: it's not an AC cap. They are placed on other side.

Last edited by Domino; 07-19-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:17 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
You are right, the connection under the cap in the valve cover is the "camshaft actuator". Not sure why that would be leaking and I couldn't find a parts diagram showing the unit so not sure how it is secured through the valve cover.

There is a gasket that goes with the cap but not sure that would stop the leak. It is part # 94810593400 if that helps at all.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:18 AM
hi
ill put it apart and check where it leaks. maybe something is broken or solenoid is not tighten enough...we will see
ill post pictures

Old 07-20-2017, 01:37 AM
hi
i find video on yt
i think this is the solenoid which we talk

Old 07-20-2017, 02:39 AM
Just start with cleaning the leak with some brake cleaner (on cold engine of course). Then drive around for a day or two and check it once in a while. You will see where oil comes from - is it leaking from gasket or actuator itself. There's no reason to jump and change every part that you think is broken.

Old 07-23-2017, 05:14 AM
Hi
need your help
i want to change cooling liquid and i must reach radiator.
is there any instruction how to remove front bumper. There is skid plate, lower part of bumper and bumper. Do i must remove complete bumper or there is a way to remove only lower part with skid plate. I search on yt but there is no tutorial.
i dont want to brake some parts because i think the bumper should be removed without any additional force (only screws and fittings)

Old 07-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Hi
i solve the problem with removing front bumper.
there are 2 screws at side blinker which must be removed and then just pull the fender (must be carefull and not to forget to unplug park sensors and other cables)

Old 08-17-2017, 12:00 PM
Hi

at searching the plug in radiator to release coolant i put apart almost complete front of the car.
unfortunately this model doesnt have plug in radiator or i couldnt find it.

so i clean the turbo radiators (on the picture you will see a lot of garbage including poor bird )

Name:	20170726_150545.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	510789   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170726_141921.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	510790  
Old 08-17-2017, 12:05 PM
here is a teaser of my own brand of forged alloy wheels. they will be 2pcs, front 11 and rear 12 inch wide.
in this moment they are still in production, next will be polishing and then probable color anodizing instead of painting (im still researching the affect of anodizing on forged aluminum)

Attached Images   

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.