Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

No communication with level control switch

Old 04-12-2018, 08:07 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
No communication with level control switch - Error 1776 Durametric

I was troubleshooting driver headlight issue (thought I have either wiring or ballast issue - turned out to be wiring short inside headlight).

Took suspect light and plugged into passenger side. Passenger side light stopped working. Found that fuse blew on passenger side too (low beam, high beam one on pass. side).
Removed light, plugged back the passenger headlight back in.

Now, level control switch does not have lights on it. I also get warning on console stating that air suspension faulty (I believe is the wording).

Tried to use level control anyway and it does not appear to work.
Tried using the transaxle lock, and it did work, but no lights on the switch itself.

Can any one suggest course to start debugging to resolve?
I already checked all 3 sets of fuses (driver side, pass side, in engine compartment). I found fuse blown on driver side (for headlight - surely was due to short), and another fuse blows on passenger side (likely blown when I plugged in the shorted light into passenger side).
I replaced both fuses. Check all other fuses and did not see any others blown.

I will greatly appreciate if you can provide additional guidance for debugging this.
Durametric error # 1776.

Thank you.

Last edited by ciaka; 04-13-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:46 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I know there is someone technical on here that has seen this...

Old 04-13-2018, 08:36 AM
Durametric error is 1776 when scanned. On instrument cluster I get the disabled suspension icon (little car with 2 arrows, one pointing up and another pointing down), and message 'air suspension fault workshop'.

Are there any fuses that I can verify? I tried to open the passenger side fuse box and probe with tester, all seemed OK. It is possible I misplaced a fuse and inserted into wrong position. Hope I did not.

Old 05-26-2021, 02:23 AM
Marcuspd is an unknown quantity at this point
I know it's been 3 years, but as the only other person who seems to have this DTE 1776 and no lights/action from the level control switches, I wondered if you still get notified of updates to the thread and if you'd be kind enough to let me know if you resolved this.

I've gone through the troubleshooting of checking voltage and resistance to earth at the pin 46 of the module at the back plus between the pin 7 of the switch in the front and 46 of the module at the back, have replaced the switch unit with second hand unit and the module, yet still have this issue. I've ordered a third switch unit now.

The compressor has a new ring and seal and only needs to come on for a few seconds to top up the tank when I play with the suspension with PIWIS II.
All for corners pass all the tests and the vehicle retains normal ride height. I just have no control via the switch.

Old 05-26-2021, 10:02 AM
Marcuspd is an unknown quantity at this point
Prize plonker alert!

Having checked the fuses, replaced modules, switches, ran diagnostics, guided fault finding etc, I found the wiring diagrams on PIWIS II.

I thought I'd go through all the pins on the Level Control Switch, seeing as this has no lights and no action from the ride height or suspension buttons.

Anyhow, pin 16 goes to Fuse F44 in the right hand fuse box.

I've checked the 3 fuses in the manual for the Level control system, the large 40A under the passenger seat, F48 and F27 which are all down as "Level Control", but have never checked F44 as it;s down as "Heatable Washer Nozzles, running gear, seat heating".

Guess what? F44 was missing. Stuck a 5A fuse in there as per PIWIS and the manual and I have a fully functioning Level Control air suspension now!

Woo Hoo!

Now that's out of the way, I'd better get around to selling the working 2 x switch units and control units I've bought. Oh and as the rebuilt compressor only stays on for a few seconds after raising the car, I might as well sell the new on of those I bought too.

ALL OVER A MISSING 5A FUSE!

Never rely on the owners manual alone for fuse locations.

Now on to the front control arms on both sides, upper and lower.