Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2011 Cayenne Turbo won't start!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Moss1st is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 2011 Cayenne Turbo won't start!

Anyone have had this problem when you unlock the vehicle the lights shut down immediately after a second and nothing works on the dash board and the engine won't start? Please Advise.

Old 03-20-2011, 10:05 AM
silvac32 is on a distinguished road
haven't had that problem.... does it start when you try it again?

Old 03-20-2011, 04:12 PM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds alot like a failed battery. If you have a charger, I would try that. The battery may still be defective, but this will get you going. You may even be able to jump it.

As long as a turbo has the same hook ups as my S. Under the hood on the drivers side, you will see the red cap for the positive, and in front of it, is the ground bar.

If you are going to try a jump, let the other car idle on it for 20 minutes or so, before trying.

Good luck.

Mike

Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I tried jumping the battery 4 times but no luck! The car is stuck in the garage and the tow truck couldn't get in. And believe it or not Porsche doesn't have a mobile maintenance vehicle in the northeast! Man it sucks, that thing decides to quit after just 1400 miles!!! What kind of quality is that?! It is really disappointing and frustrating.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:39 AM
svoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond reputesvoshop has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Moss1st
I tried jumping the battery 4 times but no luck! The car is stuck in the garage and the tow truck couldn't get in. And believe it or not Porsche doesn't have a mobile maintenance vehicle in the northeast! Man it sucks, that thing decides to quit after just 1400 miles!!! What kind of quality is that?! It is really disappointing and frustrating.

Don't just hit it with cables. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Or go buy a small charger that can slow charge a battery in 4 hours or so.

The battery may of shorted out completly, and the above info would not help in that case, but I would try it. Otherwise you are going to have to be towing it to porsche.

Mike

Old 03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Lightbulb Solution

Here's what happened. A service adviser from my nearest dealer came out and looked at the problem. He unplugged the battery from the chassis (right under the driver's seat) and let it stand without power for two minutes (to reset). Once he plugged it back in everything went back to normal and the problem was solved. He took the car with him because he believes a software update is due that may have something to do with the issue.

Last edited by Moss1st; 03-21-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:04 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
Wow, that came out to you... not too shabby. Then again, you've got a new Porsche that won't start !
Let us know the final outcome.

Old 03-21-2011, 02:31 PM
canberk will become famous soon enough
just for the future reference, you can manually put the gear switcher to neutral mode for towing purposes. read the manual

Old 03-21-2011, 04:26 PM
RobsCountach is on a distinguished road
...or push into towable territory !

Originally Posted by canberk
just for the future reference, you can manually put the gear switcher to neutral mode for towing purposes. read the manual

Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 PM
2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold2020 is a splendid one to behold
If your not happy with Porsche's customer service you can always call this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQRXGthJnQY

Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I had a similar issue a few years ago with my Cayenne. It was a battery failure, so the battery was replaced under warranty. Mine was also in the garage, and we were able to hook up cables just to get the vehicle in neutral and push it out of the garage so the flatbed truck could get it. Very frustrating.

Old 03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
ylwbeast is on a distinguished road
@Moss1st, I understand the pain and the panic!!! Currently have a 2011 CTT and had the same issue less than a week ago. Called dlrshp and they recommended a jump start - tried multiple jumps, even used the engine hook at back of block for ground with no luck. Had Road Side Service flatbed back to dealership and they removed the fuse for the ignition and after re-install, dash lit up again as normal. Dlrshp called Porsche NA and they recommended replacing the actual ignition and reprogram PCM. No problems since. Phew!!! BTW - No TSB apparently!!
I agree, brand new 2011 CTT, with this kind of problem and could leave you stranded! Mine occurred at work during snow storm, but was close to home, thank God!!

Old 03-24-2011, 06:59 AM
Outstanding recalls

When the service adviser took the car to the dealership he found two outstanding recalls. One of which was about that issue and I believe it is coded WA68. They basically reprogrammed the gateway. So, check for recalls regularly to avoid such hassle. I wonder if there is an email notification service from Porsche for that?

Old 09-04-2012, 03:47 AM
gmac is on a distinguished road
My 2011 cayenne turbo unable to start outside my house.

Dash lights come on but just a click when try to start, looks like battery also

I have had numerous porsches over the years including a seriously tuned 9ff 997, i have never had so much problems with one car, in the last 6 weeks the cars has been at the dealership on and off.

We have had the following problems

Coolant leak, ( replaced thermostat housing )
Stop start, car just shut down in busy city traffic turning right.
TV stopped giving sound from Burmeister system.
Now suspected battery problem.

This is terrible for such an expensive car, just a joke,

Old 09-04-2012, 05:41 AM
gmac is on a distinguished road
Now the CT has a faulty starter motor.

Back to service again,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2011 Cayenne Turbo won't start!