Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Panamera vs cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:37 AM
ALRAJHI is on a distinguished road
Panamera vs cayenne

Hey, my big brother was telling me i should cancel my order for a cayenne S and get a panamera v6. I was wondering
what you guys think , and why one is better for the other
Thank you !

Old 09-16-2011, 07:41 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
depends on your lifestyle, and to me I like the Panamera way better, the new Cayenne looks and is smaller then the previous model, plus the Panamera has the new wow factor, and the V6 still has alot of kick.....

Old 09-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Crea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the roughCrea is a jewel in the rough
Do you need to be practical? if yes, then stay with the Cayenne.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rvhpno80
... the new Cayenne looks and is smaller then the previous model.....
not true.

Looks smaller...yes

Is smaller...no, actually slightly longer, wider, and taller with lots more interior room.

Cayenne is way more useful...more passengers and cargo room.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Taking the factor of practicality out .I just want to now what car do you guys prefer

Last edited by ALRAJHI; 09-16-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:33 PM
ColoradoCayenne is on a distinguished road
I love the Panamera, but need the space of a Cayenne.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:37 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
I grew up on trucks and am not a car guy at all.

That being said, I like the Panamera, but it is one of those polarizing cars, people either really like it or think it's the ugliest thing ever made.

Now to your question, stick with the Cayenne S, I would not give up the V8 in my Cayenne for a V6. The Cayenne S is so useful and never have I felt I wish I had more motor(I can only imagine the Turbo must be awesome), as a matter of fact here in L.A. I find myself wishing I had more chances to open her up, she wants to go fast.

I would think that the V6 would be anemic in the Panamera, it's not a light dainty vehicle.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by VinceV
I grew up on trucks and am not a car guy at all.

That being said, I like the Panamera, but it is one of those polarizing cars, people either really like it or think it's the ugliest thing ever made.

Now to your question, stick with the Cayenne S, I would not give up the V8 in my Cayenne for a V6. The Cayenne S is so useful and never have I felt I wish I had more motor(I can only imagine the Turbo must be awesome), as a matter of fact here in L.A. I find myself wishing I had more chances to open her up, she wants to go fast.

I would think that the V6 would be anemic in the Panamera, it's not a light dainty vehicle.
Thank you so much for the comment you are totally right about people either loving it or hating it !. and about the v8 for that matter. the only reason i,m considering the panamera is that when you,re in the cabin of the panamera or just seeing one pass by you feel like it,s a million dollar car.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:21 PM
GIjbop will become famous soon enoughGIjbop will become famous soon enough
If you can have two porsches. 911+ cayenne
If you can have only one Porsche that needs four doors and a more trunk space then a 911...I'd say panamera. But a pnanamera would cost more than cayenne s i think.
I went with option1

Old 09-18-2011, 12:56 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
My vote goes for the Panamera. Air-suspension, PDCC, PTV and PDK (not available in the Cayenne) is a deadly combo. I just needed something more practical and went w/ the Cayenne. No regrets.

Old 09-18-2011, 01:09 AM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
Ignoring practicality and cost, I say panamera. Why? Why not!

Old 09-18-2011, 03:42 PM
gte1 is on a distinguished road
Apples and oranges. Do you need a car or do you need a truck? I'm 6'4" and play a lot of golf. The Cayenne is perfect for my needs. If the Panamera is big enough for your needs it's obviously going to out perform a truck. Even though the Cayenne is outstanding to drive. I wouldn't exactly call the V6 Panamera anemic either.

George

Old 09-18-2011, 04:08 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GIjbop
If you can have only one Porsche that needs four doors and a more trunk space then a 911...I'd say panamera. But a pnanamera would cost more than cayenne s i think.
I went with option1

good advice!

Old 09-19-2011, 09:41 AM
BlueLodge400 is on a distinguished road
I have both a Panamera 4S and CTT.

You are really comparing 2 completely different vehicles. So in my opinion it will come down to what you are going to use it for. For me, the Panamera is great for driving to the office, out to dinner or a nice road trip. It’s more of a leisure type vehicle. You cannot fit 2 set of golf bags in the trunk without having to put the rear seats down. Trying to fit luggage in the truck is a pain in the ***. But overall, it is a hell-of-a vehicle!
The Cayenne is way more particle in just about every application. The trunk is much larger than the Pana. 3 people will fit in the back seat. It’s effortless to drive day to day.

They both drive great and I don’t think you would be disappointed in whatever you go with.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 AM
No.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really niceNo.92 is just really nice
Originally Posted by GIjbop
I went with option1
I like that option and I hope I get to fulfill that shortly in the future. Just got the 2nd half of that combo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera vs cayenne