Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Phone Call from Cell to Car then back to Cell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road

I tried this one as I had a conference call on my cell but I had to leave and wanted to take this in the car but it didn't connect.

So basically I'm asking if anyone has been able to have a call on their cell, then successfully move it to the blue tooth in the cayenne w/o it dropping off the original call. Then if you got to your destination, go from the blue tooth back to the cell all w/o ever dropping off the original call.

Anyone try this / been successful with this?

Old 10-25-2011, 07:18 PM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Yes. No problem with my DroidX on a 2012 CS

Old 10-25-2011, 07:39 PM
bruinxman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Yes. No problem with my DroidX on a 2012 CS
You do anything special? To connect I assume just connect PCM? And to disconnect did you just turn off the phone?

For some reason I couldn't connect...maybe I was impatient as I was running late.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
Probably partly dependent on the phone. Still don't have my cayenne (<2 weeks away) but on my current car I can do this with my iPhone. When you get in the car already on the call you can just change the source on the phone directly to your car. You do the same when you want to leave the cat and switch it back to iPhone. Very easy

Old 10-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by bruinxman
You do anything special? To connect I assume just connect PCM? And to disconnect did you just turn off the phone?

For some reason I couldn't connect...maybe I was impatient as I was running late.
I am driving my daughter's car today, but will verify on the CS later. However, IIRC, when I am on a call and enter the vehicle, the signal continues to come out of the phone for about 15 seconds until the bluetooth establishes a signal, then the voice comes through the PCM. If I am on a call and leaving the car, the BT will eventually lose the signal, but on my droid, I generally hit the bluetooth button which is displayed on the dialing screen as I exit the car. Using this same phone in my Mercedes, sometimes the BT would continue to be active all the way to my office fron the parking lot which is a several hundred feet unless I turned it off manually, so I have gotten into the habit of pressing the BT button when I am on a call and have exited the car. I do not know (yet) if Porsche's do this or have this kind of range.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:39 AM
BlackPepper is on a distinguished road
Not exactly related to the original question, our 2012 CS has two phones registered on the PCM for Bluetooth connection, my wife's and mine. If my wife's phone last connected my phone wont automatically connect if I am by myself, I have to select mine from the list before it reconnects. With the BMW, everything is automatic regardless who many registered phone are in the car and there is even a heirarchy.

Is there any way to make everything auto connect regardless of the situation? Thanks

Old 10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by BlackPepper
Not exactly related to the original question, our 2012 CS has two phones registered on the PCM for Bluetooth connection, my wife's and mine. If my wife's phone last connected my phone wont automatically connect if I am by myself, I have to select mine from the list before it reconnects. With the BMW, everything is automatic regardless who many registered phone are in the car and there is even a heirarchy.

Is there any way to make everything auto connect regardless of the situation? Thanks
The extremely high tech switching technique you reference for your BMW is exactly how it works in my daughter's.....wait for it....$22K Kia Sorento. We actually have 4 phones linked and it connects whichever one is present, or if more than one are, defaults to a selection screen so you can pick which phone is connected.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
What I like about the PCM (which is different from the Mercedes system and the Lexus/Toyota system) is that it prompts you to continue the call on the PCM or switch to phone before it disconnects. So if I'm on a call in the car and I turn the car off, it doesn't just hang up like those other systems, it displays a warning and asks to continue in the car or if you'd like to transfer it back to the phone.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 AM
G123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bruinxman
I tried this one as I had a conference call on my cell but I had to leave and wanted to take this in the car but it didn't connect.

So basically I'm asking if anyone has been able to have a call on their cell, then successfully move it to the blue tooth in the cayenne w/o it dropping off the original call. Then if you got to your destination, go from the blue tooth back to the cell all w/o ever dropping off the original call.

Anyone try this / been successful with this?
I have done this often when I am in conference calls and I reach my workplace (car -> cell) or when I am going back home.(cell-> car). When you move car-> cell it asks you what you want to do (Hang up, continue on cell etc.)? From cell-> car it takes a little while for BT connection etc...but if you talk on the cell till you can hear the conversation on the speakers it is seamless.
Thanks,
-Gopal