Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ipod/iphone skip/dropout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 AM
2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough2011PorscheCaye is a jewel in the rough
ditto, i've had the same issue with it pausing cutting out. happens on two different iphones, pretty annoying

Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Ricky is on a distinguished road
Im having the same issue with my ipad and AUX Bluetooth!! My Audio goes up a few pitches and gradullay slows down and it constantly sounds like I have a bad AUX wire when infact im using AUX bluetooth.

Last edited by Ricky; 12-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 AM
jbsport is on a distinguished road
I also notice that my bluetooth phone connection will drop out every once in awhile. I look down and the dash says there is no phone and I then have to go through the process of finding the phone again. It is a bit annoying...

Old 12-31-2011, 09:31 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by DanK
On my 2011 the music will cut out when I come to a stop. Happens every fourth or fifth time I stop for a light or stop sign. Happens with both Bluetooth and corded iPod/iPhone.
Happened with my 11' also. But more like once every few weeks!

Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM
emag is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jbsport
I have the same issues with my 2012. I have 2 ipod touches, and I noticed the newer ipod touch drops out a lot less. I have just been ignoring it. It happens a lot more when the navi mode is on and the navi voice comes on over the speakers.
Which model of iPod touch is everyone using?

Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 PM
synk will become famous soon enough
Do you guys find the skipping occurs on higher bit rate MP3s?

Old 10-30-2012, 10:42 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Skipping does not occur when I use an USB thumb drive to play music.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I am trying different versions of iPods, here is what I found so far. There is skipping on my 6th gen iPod nano, less skipping on a 4th gen nano. This is on my 2011 Panamera 4. The other day when I was driving a loaner 2012 Cayenne V6, no skipping on my same 6th gen iPod nano all day. As I said before, no skipping on my Pan 4 when I use an USB thumb drive. So I am still not able to draw any conclusion. The PCM software on my Pan 4 is 2.2. On all my iPods, the 'shake to shuffle' feature is always turned off. Hope other members can experiment on their iPods and perhaps we can find out the bottom cause of this.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:11 PM
synk will become famous soon enough
I was able to work around the skipping issue on my Galaxy Nexus by turning off Wi-Fi.

Old 04-06-2016, 06:32 AM
kenofpace is on a distinguished road
I know this is old, but has anyone found out what the problem is? For my 2011 the music skips not just for ipod, but for cd's and AUX. It's a weird skip. The beat will speed up. I've turned off all sound effects and adjustments and still happens. Seeing others have the same issue, I'm guessing this is a defect in the PCM.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:26 PM
TXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really niceTXTurbo is just really nice
2011 Cayenne Skips

My 2011 Cayenne skips when I play through bluetooth, it has always done this with several different iphones.

When I use the USB wired connection to the Iphone the problem is gone.

I also find that the sound is better through the USB connection.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:22 AM
KnottyMonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
2011 Panamera Turbo bluetooth audio skips/cuts out

I know that this is an old thread, but just wanted to document my experience with this problem on my 2011 Panamera Turbo. In the year and a half that I have owned it, I have noticed that it skips with iPhone when on Bluetooth Aux. It has done it with iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Pro and an HTC One M8 Windows phone.

The skipping happens roughly every 30-40 seconds and is just a tiny hiccup, the sound completely cuts out for a fraction of a second. Long enough to be extremely annoying when playing music, but not nearly as noticeable if listening to audiobooks or podcasts.

I brought it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't recreate it. I showed them the problem in great detail beforehand. They were in communication with Germany about it apparently, but still nothing. They said that I had the latest PCM, etc.

The one thing that I have found that magically fixes the problem is to turn off the WiFi on the device. I have no idea why this would fix the problem across multiple devices, but it does. The problem with this is that I then forget to turn WiFi back on, or when driving with the family can't share my phone as a hotspot. Based on the fact that the problem happens across multiple devices/OS's/manufacturers, I have to assume that the problem is with the PCM. Based on other's feedback on this thread over the years, it is not a unique problem. The big question that I would have is whether this is a software or hardware issue, and is it fixed in a newer version of the PCM software? I am going to a different dealer later this week for a few issues, I will mention to them and see if there is a fix.

One other thing that I will mention is that there are no problems with the USB iPhone connection.

Old 02-06-2018, 05:25 PM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
I had the same issue with my 2011 Cayenne Turbo. I didn't know about turning off the wifi so I mad a video of it skipping and took it along with the car to the dealer. They replaced my entire PCM unit and no more skipping so it's an issue with the radio and not because you aren't turning off the wifi.

My wifi is always on, on the phone, and it hasn't skipped once since the new unit was installed.

Hope this helps. Oh, I'm on a CPO so the new unit was free to me.

Old 02-06-2018, 07:37 PM
Actually years ago I stopped using BT to stream music because the sound is inferior to a wired connection. I have been using an USB thumb drive to play music and there has been no skipping ever since. I leave it plugged in at all times and only take it out to add songs. One big advantage of using a thumb drive is I can access my song lists on the round screen as well as the PCM screen, when using an iOS device, playlists are only displayed on the PCM screen.