Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Ipod/iphone skip/dropout

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:47 AM
gammaman will become famous soon enough
Ipod/iphone skip/dropout

Has anyone else had a problem with their ipod or iphone playing back music through PCM? Here's what happens: the audio will cut out momentarily, then resume where it left off with perhaps a slight skip. This has happened with at least 4 different iphones. Interestingly, the dropout will occur at either 65 or 130 second intervals. Using the aux bluetooth there is no problem. Very annoying!

Old 12-26-2011, 07:31 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
I have had a periodic dropout on both connected and Bluetooth modes. But I wouldn't call either a regular occurrence. It might happen about once every 1-2 hours. Not a big deal but still annoying. I'm sure if it happened as regularly as yours it would be much worse. Did you try swapping cords?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Yup, tried a different cord. The dealer didn't have any other ideas, but since it's a reproducible problem on multiple iphones, I'm going to press him on it.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:14 PM
slw23 is on a distinguished road
I too have intermittent issues with the sound cutting out, but it's random and not very often. As tex mentions, annoying, but not a big deal IMO. There are many times where it doesn't happen at all. Please keep us posted on what u find.

Old 12-26-2011, 03:21 PM
mstlc03 is on a distinguished road
Noticed the samething on my wife's 2012 Cayenne. Also, do you guys noticed any changes in either the tone or the *key* of the music?? It's hard to describe...the music would start playing but it sounds funny like it would speed up and then slow down and then start playing normally...

Old 12-26-2011, 06:00 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
^ can't say that I have noticed that. I do notice the sound quality is SIGNIFICANTLY improved with a corded vs Bluetooth connection though.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:12 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
On my 2011 the music will cut out when I come to a stop. Happens every fourth or fifth time I stop for a light or stop sign. Happens with both Bluetooth and corded iPod/iPhone.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:24 AM
AJRDU is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mstlc03
Noticed the samething on my wife's 2012 Cayenne. Also, do you guys noticed any changes in either the tone or the *key* of the music?? It's hard to describe...the music would start playing but it sounds funny like it would speed up and then slow down and then start playing normally...
This has been an issue with mine since I got it. I have a 2011 and am using an iPod classic so I can cart around my whole collection all the time. Periodically it sounds like a slightly dragging tape for a few seconds. It also drops out for a second or two at random--oddly mostly at a stoplight. I have no problems with the Bluetooth portion and my iPhone.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:34 AM
finiteyoda is on a distinguished road
On my 2012, the music over bluetooth will sometimes cut out briefly when I stop at a light. It's the stop-start feature, doesn't always happen, but sometimes is enough to cause the amplifiers to drop out for a sec I guess. Not a big deal, I guess if you don't like it, turn off stop-start

Not noticed any other drop out issues with bluetooth, I'll try corded tomorrow (gotta long road trip) and report back... You might also wanna try restarting your iphone, that can sometimes clear up audio playback issues. Could also try checking if a software update is available for your phone.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I like the sound quality on my Burmester with bluetooth. I think it is very, very good. Can't tell a huge difference between corded or not.

J

Old 12-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by mstlc03
Yes, I have noticed change in pitch on occasion, like a cassette tape dragging. I have a call in to the dealer, will let you know what happens.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
jbsport is on a distinguished road
I have the same issues with my 2012. I have 2 ipod touches, and I noticed the newer ipod touch drops out a lot less. I have just been ignoring it. It happens a lot more when the navi mode is on and the navi voice comes on over the speakers.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:28 PM
mstlc03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gammaman
Yes, I have noticed change in pitch on occasion, like a cassette tape dragging. I have a call in to the dealer, will let you know what happens.
Awesome!! Guess it's not my imagination..

Old 12-27-2011, 06:00 PM
DanK is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by finiteyoda
On my 2012, the music over bluetooth will sometimes cut out briefly when I stop at a light. It's the stop-start feature, doesn't always happen, but sometimes is enough to cause the amplifiers to drop out for a sec I guess. Not a big deal, I guess if you don't like it, turn off stop-start
it's definitely NOT the auto stop function because my cayenne is a stick shift which does not come with that option.

Would love to find a solution for this- it drives me a little crazy

Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
It's a poor implementation of the bluetooth stack on the PCM. I have a cheap pair of bluetooth headset that does exactly this, skip or change the pitch of the music. But it doesn't do it on my Plantronics headset.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ipod/iphone skip/dropout