Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

2012 Cayenne Upgrade/Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 11:45 AM
csufl is on a distinguished road
2012 Cayenne Upgrade/Update

Hi All,
Just got my 2012 Cayenne couple weeks ago and went right straight to House of Automotive for some upgrades. They are:
1. 20" wheels- Found on ebay, picked-up at local warehouse. The quality is pretty good, with JW approved.
2. Foglight HID conversion- CANBus Equipped Ballasts from XenonSupply.com, so far so good, no error message.
3. Front/rear skid plate- Fround on ebay, quality is factory like, but the rear skid plate doesn't match the rear Cayenne V6. Buyer be aware.
Overall experience from House of Automotive is excellent. Some e-mails & phone calls exchange for the appointment and pricing with Greg, everything is straight-up. This place will accomdate your needs and do custom work for you.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 02-13-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: active link to a commercial non-sponsor
Old 02-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Atlanta_Cayenne is on a distinguished road
Do you have pictures of the front skid plate? I'm tempted to purchase one. Do you have a link to the one that you purchased.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I will post some pictures tonight when I get home. I can't find the seller on ebay anymore. But if you go on ebay and serach for "2011 porsche cayenne skid plate" there should be some seller available. But be aware, I think the rear skid plate they are selling are for CTT not V6 or CS. The rear skid plate for V6 & CS should look like something like this: _ㄇ_. Hope this will help.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Atlanta_Cayenne is on a distinguished road
Thanks - I looked out there a few months ago and saw all different kinds but I was skeptical of the quality. I have been going back and forth on just buying the porsche one from the dealer since the 15% coupon is still valid

Old 02-13-2012, 06:57 PM
IMO, the dealer/ factory skid plate is waaaaaay overpriced. They are basically a big piece of aluminum/stainless plate. I believe they are $1750 from factory not including the installation.... Not sure if u intend to use this for the protection under carriage from offroad or the bad weather? I can't speak the long-term durability from the ebay item since it rarely rain and NO snow in Southern California. But I can tell you there is NO differences in terms of the finish or quality from ebay or the dealear.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Here are couple pictures of the front skid plate.

Attached Images   
Old 02-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Vyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura aboutVyper340 has a spectacular aura about
I had it on my last CTT and although it looked nice it really didn't offer anything the plastic didn't since I don't go heavy off roading with the CTT. Now sand off roading is a whole different story and the plates never helped but I'm sure add a little weight.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Totally agree with Vyper. For me, this is for cosmetic reason only. Trying to minimize the ugly black plastic parts as much as possible at minimum cost.... lol

Old 02-14-2012, 08:46 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by csufl
IMO, the dealer/ factory skid plate is waaaaaay overpriced. They are basically a big piece of aluminum/stainless plate. I believe they are $1750 from factory not including the installation.... Not sure if u intend to use this for the protection under carriage from offroad or the bad weather? I can't speak the long-term durability from the ebay item since it rarely rain and NO snow in Southern California. But I can tell you there is NO differences in terms of the finish or quality from ebay or the dealear.
Its not that expensive, bought mine from Suncoast, $500
Two hour labor install.
I wouldnt do it again unless my Cayenne was of some dark color.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:29 PM
b.kish is on a distinguished road
Revive an old thread

I bought one of these for my 2015. Anyone want to chime in with installation instructions? Thanks.