Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 02:54 AM
salem55 has a spectacular aura aboutsalem55 has a spectacular aura about
Anyone know how to switch off the PCM light ??

Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 AM
pearstar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by salem55
Anyone know how to switch off the PCM light ??
Press the option button and you can turn off the PCM light from there. If you want to turn off PCM completely, press and hold the volume button.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:35 PM
ALRAJHI is on a distinguished road
there is a button on the bottom side of the drivers door on the same line as the seat belt any idea what that is ?

Last edited by ALRAJHI; 03-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:32 PM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
^ turns off the motion sensor I side the car when the alarm is on. Good in case you leave dogs in the car.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:18 AM
V10M is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tex94
^ turns off the motion sensor I side the car when the alarm is on. Good in case you leave dogs in the car.
Does this work the same as pushing the lock button twice, or is it different?

Old 03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V10M
Does this work the same as pushing the lock button twice, or is it different?
The same...at least I assume so but I haven't put a dog or small child in there to test it

Old 05-23-2012, 06:17 AM
vitaman will become famous soon enough
It's exactly the same which brings up the question why did they put this in?
It is easier to press the lock button twice on the key fob or on the door in the case of Keyless Go, than it is to fish around inside they door, locate that toggle, press it hard enough to engage it, and then Still lock the doors!
If it was a button instead of a toggle and could be left on or off, it would make sense. I can't find a reason for it except to talk about it in a thread like this.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
The cutout for the wheel arch on the rear doors fits perfectly over the rear hips of a 996 NB coupe allowing the door to be opened all the way when parked fairly close together (~1.5 - 2 ft). Get the parking perfect and there is a consistent 1 inch gap all the way around.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ALRAJHI
there is a button on the bottom side of the drivers door on the same line as the seat belt any idea what that is ?
Can't attest to the dogs and kids statement, I have neither. I seem to recall reading in the manual is that it's part of the immobilizer/anti-theft system; ostensibly to prevent thieves from winching a locked Cayenne onto a roll-back truck. So when you actually want to be winched onto a rollback, you press that button first.

//greg//

Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Just touch or tap the turn signal arm briefly left or right and it will blink three times allowing you to change lanes without clicking or clicking back the signal arm.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:54 PM
If you ever need to get towed, you'll find your trunk has two spaces for the tow bar hooks but only one is provided. I bought a second one for about $33 so if I do need to get towed up on a flatbed again, it will come up straight on. You push on the bottom of the little button on the bumper to access the threaded receptacle. It pops back in when done.

Also in the tool kit area, there is a space for a tire seal kit that is something no one wants to use--makes a mess, might clog up the sensor, etc. You may have it if you have a hybrid. If you have a spare tire, it's not included. I don't think it's included on anything that has a spare option.

Instead of using a donut tire even if you have one, it's recommended to use a good quality tire plug kit instead as long as the hole is inside at least one thread spacing. Safety seal makes a nice kit but the case is too big to stow anywhere unless you want to leave it all the time in the trunk however there is space in the rear right side panel if you condense the stuff in the kit into a bag. I put 1/2 the grease in a much shorter Tupperware container and only stowed half of the plugs. I got the bag at Lowes in a 3 pack of different sizes. See photos below.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SSKAP30_resize.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	256737   Click image for larger version

Name:	kit_resize.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	426.0 KB
ID:	256738   Click image for larger version

Name:	excess_resize.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	256752  
Attached Images   
Old 07-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by VinceV
You're trying to get the mirrors to fold? As Moss correctly stated you only have to hold the lock button down once.

A helpful tip try to make sure it's pointed at the car and just hold it down or a few seconds and the mirrors should fold right up.
I just push the farthest forward right button on the armrest. Just make sure you don't push the one to the left or you'll shutoff the lane change warning.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:58 AM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Nice tip on the mirror folding with alarm button! I do wish that it can be done automatically when the car is locked.

Old 12-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Swiss made is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gnat
The cutout for the wheel arch on the rear doors fits perfectly over the rear hips of a 996 NB coupe allowing the door to be opened all the way when parked fairly close together (~1.5 - 2 ft). Get the parking perfect and there is a consistent 1 inch gap all the way around.
Works also with the 997 NB !!

Old 12-19-2013, 05:56 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
A bit goofy but i realized that the sun visor actually has two flaps. one to keep to the side for driver side glare and anoter behind it to fold down.. sort of "surround antiglare"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne