Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
salem55 has a spectacular aura aboutsalem55 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne

Hi Friends,

let us share what we come to know about the hidden or unknown stuff.

it would be better to attach pic to make it more clear to others.

Last edited by salem55; 03-04-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:31 PM
VinceV has a spectacular aura aboutVinceV has a spectacular aura about
Dang, I found something yesterday that I made a mental note to come on here and reveal, but for the life of me I can't remember squat!!

EDIT--

This wasn't is, but a cool little item, when you get out if you click twice and hold the lock button on the 2nd click ton the remote, the outside mirrors will fold in, and when you get back in and start the car the will return to the driving position.

Last edited by VinceV; 02-29-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Moss1st is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VinceV
Dang, I found something yesterday that I made a mental note to come on here and reveal, but for the life of me I can't remember squat!!

EDIT--

This wasn't is, but a cool little item, when you get out if you click twice and hold the lock button on the 2nd click ton the remote, the outside mirrors will fold in, and when you get back in and start the car the will return to the driving position.
You just have to keep pressing the button the first time for a couple seconds. if you press it twice, it changes the alarm system setting.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM
EasternLI is on a distinguished road
there's another 12v power outlet under the glove box

Old 03-06-2012, 07:37 AM
pearstar is on a distinguished road
You can press and hold the interior light buttons to adjust the brightness.

Almost everything is on the manual but I guess no one has actually read it thoroughly.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
race3 is on a distinguished road
hidden storage under both front seats.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:57 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
Somewhat hidden button behind steering wheel if you have the heated steering option. :

Old 03-09-2012, 05:55 AM
WFBlue is on a distinguished road
Simply press the phone "call" button on the MF wheel and your recent calls come up on the multi-purpose display without having to scroll to the telephone screen. Works on the PCM as well.

Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
I tried the hold and press with the remote and nothing happened. Except, now my phone doesn't chirp when I lock.

J

Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM
tomm99 is on a distinguished road
If you open the hood for any reason (e.g. to clean engine, add washer fluid, etc...) and then close it, the next time you perform a check 'Oil Level', it will not display the oil level. Instead, it will display a message stating that you have to drive a while before the oil level can be shown. You actually have to drive for 100 kms uninterupted! In the city, I rarely drive for 100kms at a time.

You can get around this. Before you open the hood, ensure that your key is in the ignition and in the 'on' position (but with the engine off). Then open the hood and do your stuff. When you close the hood, perform a check 'Oil Level'. It will now display correctly.

Old 03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tomm99
If you open the hood for any reason (e.g. to clean engine, add washer fluid, etc...) and then close it, the next time you perform a check 'Oil Level', it will not display the oil level. Instead, it will display a message stating that you have to drive a while before the oil level can be shown. You actually have to drive for 100 kms uninterupted! In the city, I rarely drive for 100kms at a time.

You can get around this. Before you open the hood, ensure that your key is in the ignition and in the 'on' position (but with the engine off). Then open the hood and do your stuff. When you close the hood, perform a check 'Oil Level'. It will now display correctly.

I just read that message after I opened up my hood, didn't know why until now, thanks for sharing !!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by WFBlue
Simply press the phone "call" button on the MF wheel and your recent calls come up on the multi-purpose display without having to scroll to the telephone screen. Works on the PCM as well.
Thanks, that's a really helpful one for me.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
I tried the hold and press with the remote and nothing happened. Except, now my phone doesn't chirp when I lock.

J
You're trying to get the mirrors to fold? As Moss correctly stated you only have to hold the lock button down once.

A helpful tip try to make sure it's pointed at the car and just hold it down or a few seconds and the mirrors should fold right up.

Old 03-09-2012, 09:46 PM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Doh... I am a dip****...

J

Old 03-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Phone...Yep, really a dip****...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne