Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I use that split visor all the time RAK. I like that feature on any car.
Rob.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Aperture776 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
Nice tip on the mirror folding with alarm button! I do wish that it can be done automatically when the car is locked.
There is a option to do that in the car settings to fold automatically.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:23 PM
andrewpk is on a distinguished road
It might seem very straightforward, but you don't need to unlock the car in order to open the back via the remote.

I know it saves me a click every time, as in the past on another car you always had to unlock it first, THEN open the trunk.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:04 PM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
Seriously, I looked and didn't see the option? I'll go play in the settings again.

Originally Posted by Aperture776

Old 12-20-2013, 06:42 AM
tex94 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Aperture776
I asked my dealer about that one and it is not available in the US. Why? No idea

Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 AM
DoctorWill is on a distinguished road
BTW, has anyone tried to insert a SIM card and see if the phone works in the Cayenne. I know they disable the SIM card slot for the 911, I've tried it and I heard there is a hack to activate it.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
I just discovered one last night. Previously when I wanted to turn just the music off and leave the map on I would push the volume button in for a second but it would turn everything off (the whole PCM unit). I found that if you push the button quickly it will just turn the music off and leave the map on. If you hold it longer as I previously did it shuts the whole PCM down.

Old 12-22-2013, 07:27 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Related to that there is an option in the PCM settings to turn the display off (music keeps playing).

Nice for long overnight road trips.

Would be nice if they made that easier as its not something to try doing while driving...

Old 03-31-2014, 10:05 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Your headlights automatically turn on (in auto mode only?) if you are doing 90 or faster.

Had to look that up on the way back from FL as they kept coming on for no particular reason we could figure out. On a related note they also come on if your wipers are on for more than a few (30?) seconds and they will automatically go out (assuming other conditions allow) 4 minutes after your wipers stop.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:54 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by DoctorWill
BTW, has anyone tried to insert a SIM card and see if the phone works in the Cayenne. I know they disable the SIM card slot for the 911, I've tried it and I heard there is a hack to activate it.
per dealer, SIM is not for US models and won't work

Old 03-31-2014, 04:47 PM
Warehouser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VinceV
You're trying to get the mirrors to fold? As Moss correctly stated you only have to hold the lock button down once.

A helpful tip try to make sure it's pointed at the car and just hold it down or a few seconds and the mirrors should fold right up.
This can also be done by pushing and holding the button on any outside door handle.

Old 04-01-2014, 11:11 AM
RickDC is on a distinguished road
I have a '14 CD.. two things I've found recently:

- There's a small hook on the back of each B pillar, it's far easier to put a coat here rather than have it by the handle blocking the window for kids.

- Inside the drivers and passenger door pocket (nearest to the B pillar), there's a small shelf, ideal for hiding wallet, keys or phone...

Old 04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
nischebrod is on a distinguished road
Own CD 2011
Found a tip facilitating wiper blades replacement.
- Switch off the ignition
- Press wipers stalk downwards once
it makes them go upwards by 45 degrees to the replaceable position.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:15 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
for cayenne without the auto dimming rear view mirror

I just noticed by flipping the mirror down when some assphat is behind you with a high beam does not render the mirror useless, it actually has a separate mirror (if you will) that's a lot darker which dims the rear annoyance, it's really cool!

Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Last 3 tips are great. Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne