Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cool things you may not have known about your 958 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 05:48 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RickDC
I have a '14 CD.. two things I've found recently:

- Inside the drivers and passenger door pocket (nearest to the B pillar), there's a small shelf, ideal for hiding wallet, keys or phone...
Just note that using that small pocket guarantees launching of said wallet, keys or phone should you forget they're there and need to stop in a more aggressive fashion than even the most modest of levels.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 AM
nhirsch will become famous soon enoughnhirsch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by kechang
per dealer, SIM is not for US models and won't work
I had European delivery and have the SIM holder. I did order it. Do you get it if you don't order it? I used it in Europe with an O2 SIM prepaid SIM card. It does still work on mine (now in US). While it's kinda cool to take the SIM out of my phone and use it there, I don't use it. I installed a ProClip holder for my phone and bluetooth it instead. I seem to remember someone saying the SIM in the car does have better reception in the car SIM slot than if you use it inside in the phone due to the car body being a big ground plane for the antenna. Not sure of that however.

Old 04-30-2014, 06:36 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
In the car screen of the PCM you can customize it to show telemetry information.

I've gotten it to claim 1G of braking and 0.7G of acceleration in my CD. I think 0.6 is the best I've seen cornering.

Not sure how accurate it really is, but its fun to play with

Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 AM
rc2080 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gnat
In the car screen of the PCM you can customize it to show telemetry information.

I've gotten it to claim 1G of braking and 0.7G of acceleration in my CD. I think 0.6 is the best I've seen cornering.

Not sure how accurate it really is, but its fun to play with
That's pretty neat.. how do you change the options?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:32 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by rc2080
That's pretty neat.. how do you change the options?
Goto the CAR screen, then into options. From there I'm fuzzy, but it's rather obvious from there. There are 4 lines you can configure similar to the Info display on the MFD (but more/different options).

For the CD drivers, skip the "miles to next gas station" option. It likes to point me to stations with no diesel

Old 05-01-2014, 06:39 AM
rc2080 is on a distinguished road
Cool, thanks!

Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pearstar
You can press and hold the interior light buttons to adjust the brightness.

Almost everything is on the manual but I guess no one has actually read it thoroughly.
Which interior light buttons? Dome?

Old 09-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I knew the horseshoe was adjustable, but my 2 year old showed me yesterday that the map lights are adjustable too.

Turn them on and then press and hold again. The light goes out and then comes back on dimmer.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:06 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Who doesn't like the footwell lights at night? I have found a way to turn them off and keep the other LEDs and horseshoe on.

In the overhead console, there are two buttons for interior lighting, one for all the interior lights and the other one for the interior LEDs. To do this, while the door is opened and all the interior lights are on, press the first button (all interior button) to switch them off. Then just close the door. This way you'll have all the LEDs and horseshoe on except the footwell lights.

The only downside is the interior lights will not switch on when you open the door again. Personally, I like to have some lighting when I open the door. I use the reading lights for this. Just press and switch the reading lights on before closing the door in the process above. Once you close the door, they'll go off.

Hope this will be useful for some owners .

Last edited by CTT-QTR; 09-29-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:51 AM
mep1811 is on a distinguished road
cool

I have looked can you be more specific?

Thanks

Originally Posted by EasternLI
there's another 12v power outlet under the glove box

Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 PM
wirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud ofwirx has much to be proud of
You key have "real" key inside car style key and you Cayenne have hidden keyhole, also you can lock glovecopartment with it.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...on-Entry-Drive

You can teach your Cayenne how high it can rise Tailegate.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nne/vid/2-157/

How to store seat, audio etc settings into car key.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...ne/vid/16-160/

You can control from front rear climate and even lock buttons from children.
http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nd-Child-Locks

Cayenne can play music DVD-s with 5.1 audio, but can't display video.

Last edited by wirx; 10-21-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:11 PM
Fahad M Alahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
when you do a snapchat video and you want to silence the music and listen to the video you've taken, just double click on volume button on steering wheel the you can listen to the video without the music.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:30 AM
seabrook is infamous around these partsseabrook is infamous around these parts
the VR6 base V6 is 300 hp while not in sport, when in sport it is 340 hp