Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

958 CTT Tubi Exhausts + Sharkwerks 2nd Cat Bypass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
turbochicken is on a distinguished road
Talking 958 CTT Tubi Exhausts + Sharkwerks 2nd Cat Bypass

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum and porsche family.
I have a 13 CTT on order and will arrive next week.
I am not a big fan of the stock exhaust.
I've done some research on aftermarket exhausts offered on CTT and I have decided to go with the Tubi exhausts.
However, I'm curious to hear the sound of Tubi Exhaust combined with the 2nd cat bypass (sharkwekrs/fabspeed)..
Anybody have any sound clips or story to share about this exhaust combination?

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM
sultanattar is on a distinguished road
I had installed the fab speed cat bypass first with no significant sound change except a small blip when shifting. However, the throttle response was noticeable.
After a few months I purchased the Tubi exhaust and as a combination it sounded too loud and horrible. This made me remove the fab speed secondary cats and the sound was very nice and deep but did not have the loud tin can exhaust sound.

Tubi was not designed to be installed with a secondary cat bypass.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 AM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sultanattar
I had installed the fab speed cat bypass first with no significant sound change except a small blip when shifting. However, the throttle response was noticeable.
After a few months I purchased the Tubi exhaust and as a combination it sounded too loud and horrible. This made me remove the fab speed secondary cats and the sound was very nice and deep but did not have the loud tin can exhaust sound.

Tubi was not designed to be installed with a secondary cat bypass.
+1 Sultanattar,on not combining Tubi and cat bypass/delete
I was told by a knowledgeable tuner that it would be overkill/unnecessary for me to delete the 2nd cats on top of having TUBI,as well as running a bigger risk of excessive drone and possible CELs..
My exhaust is loud enough now,just right-noticeable(especially at start) but not too aggressive
This same tuner rep knew I also had the GIAC Ecu upgrade as well..and when I asked what additional steps I could take to add power in a 'healthy' way,he was pretty positive about recommending I upgrade to an IPD plenum as well as Agency Power diverter valves
Spot on..the increased boost I have from the Giac flash builds up much faster and holds up better(easily holds around .9 - 1.0 bar while before use to quickly 'fall back' down to .7 - .5 bar)
I would say that i felt as much an increase in power from the IPD+Ap valves than from when I had my ecu flashed
Combining them enhances and increases their effect
I am now quite satisfied with the responsiveness of my CT
The only possible upgrade I see as a possibility is upgraded turbos...so I am waiting to find out what kind of power kit Porsche is redesigning(after the recall of the titanium blades in the power kit and the Panamera turbo S)

Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
turbochicken is on a distinguished road
What is the advantage of having upgraded plenum?

Old 10-06-2012, 08:37 PM
pepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to beholdpepper09tt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by turbochicken
What is the advantage of having upgraded plenum?
Here is their explanation
I will let others explain,all I can state is that I am happy with it,great value

http://www.ipdplenums.com/index.php?...&catid=10:home

Old 10-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !Dan@SharkWerks Is a GOD !
Just to echo what some people here have said, the muffler + cat bypass tends to be very loud -- I'm not a fan of how it sounds on the Cayenne. I think one or the other is the best bet (cats for subtle change, muffler for more drastic in terms of noise). I haven't seen the CEL thrown from secondary cat bypass or any weird side effects.