Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Opticoat 2.0 works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:58 PM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Very true. With 2 small kids time is a premium so I opted for the Opti-Coat.

Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Old 03-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AZN_C300
The only problem with Opti-coat is that it's not as slick and doesn't look as good as what you can get with other high end sealants. It'll provide great protection though for your vehicle, but can get "grabby" with the feel. I know some put sealant or wax over it, but if you're going to do that, what's the point of wasting money on opti-coat? This is not to say you shouldn't go with opti-coat, but just be aware of what works for you and what your goals are. If your time is important to you and you tend to skip detailing your vehicle and are content with good enough shine with no slickness, Opti-coat might be your answer.
you can apply the Opti Coat and after the cure time 30 days you can add even Optimum Car Wax on it after your wash and create the slickness you desire.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:46 PM
AZN_C300 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
you can apply the Opti Coat and after the cure time 30 days you can add even Optimum Car Wax on it after your wash and create the slickness you desire.
Yeah, sure, but if I'm still applying an LSP every month, why did I pay that much for opti-coat? For the cost of Opti Coat and if I'm still applying a nuba every 1-2 months, I might as well just put on a quality sealant myself every 3-4 month, or something super durable like my Collinite 845 which sticks around for about 9 months. As I said, it's not that opti-coat isn't good (and I'm a huge fan of Optimum even flying their banner in my garage), it's just people need to understand what it's good for and might not be the one stop forever solution for everyone.

Old 03-11-2014, 08:05 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by AZN_C300
Yeah, sure, but if I'm still applying an LSP every month, why did I pay that much for opti-coat? For the cost of Opti Coat and if I'm still applying a nuba every 1-2 months, I might as well just put on a quality sealant myself every 3-4 month, or something super durable like my Collinite 845 which sticks around for about 9 months. As I said, it's not that opti-coat isn't good (and I'm a huge fan of Optimum even flying their banner in my garage), it's just people need to understand what it's good for and might not be the one stop forever solution for everyone.
you can use the detail spray or spray wax as the drying agent when you are drying no issue takes an extra 5 minutes. spray on the car and dry off and your done.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
How does Opticoat 2.0 compare to CQuartz Finest. My deailer recommends that over the Opticoat and Im on the fence now.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |