Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Break dust reduced 80%- ceramic pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 07:54 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Break dust reduced 80%- ceramic pads

As The Big Easy experienced with his CTT, constantly cleaning the bake dust can drive you crazy. The black sports edition wheels are stunning but even after a short ride they get loaded with the dust and need cleaning. And there is a lot of surface area to clean on these wheels.
I decided to order ceramic brake pads for the red CTT brakes to cut down on the brake dust. I did the same with my SL500 a few years back which worked really well.
Tire Rack had pads from "Centric" and I had my mechanic put them on a week ago. The results are about an 80-90% reduction in brake dust. I am a happy rider. I was told that there might be a small reduction in braking power but I can't say I notice it yet.

Old 11-13-2013, 08:09 AM
RAKLAW has a spectacular aura aboutRAKLAW has a spectacular aura about
Great...Glad to see you found a workable solution

Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 AM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks RAK. I am enjoying the freedom.
But next time I will listen to your advice and get the yellow ceramics!

Did you put the snows on yet? I will be doing that soon.

Rob.

Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 AM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
I've found the best way to deal with brake dust is to ignore it

Works for dirt on the rest of the vehicle too

Old 11-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
I did the same with my Maserati and bought some Formula Dynamics pads and same thing; 80% reduction although my pads were carbon/kevlar and squeaked a bit. I'm thinking about replacing my OEM pads with the ceramics. Do they squeak at all or are they quiet? Thx

Old 11-13-2013, 03:04 PM
It's only been one week but no squeaking yet. If it starts I will post that.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Built to Blast
GFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud ofGFORCED has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Harlequin NY
It's only been one week but no squeaking yet. If it starts I will post that.
Probably won't squeak at all if not yet. Maseratis are known for that. ;-)

Old 11-14-2013, 01:38 PM
TAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond reputeTAch Miami has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if available yet but Axxis makes a low dust ceramic too with no squeaking. I have noticed on my Cayman there is less of a bite when braking hard. Try to engage the ABS to see the difference.

Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM
furryjet will become famous soon enough
Thanks Harlequin NY, I was just looking at low dust pads a few months ago but couldn't find anything.

When you buy the pads from tirerack, did you buy one unit each for front and rear, or two units each?

Old 11-17-2013, 06:20 AM
I also didn't find any others available just the Centric brand Tire Rack had.

They were $76 for the front pair and $62 for the rear pair plus shipping.

So a box with the front pads and a box with the rear pads.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:14 PM
PCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to beholdPCJR is a splendid one to behold
Same great results with Hawk pads on my Spyder!

Old 11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
I have to say again how happy I am with this. The wheels look shiny all the time! I only have to clean some light dust occasionally.

Last edited by Harlequin NY; 11-20-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: r
Old 12-18-2013, 12:41 PM
NeunElf will become famous soon enough
Either you wear pads or you wear rotors. The energy must be consumed somehow.
There is no solution that will offer lower dust and either not give similar braking or consume the rotor.

Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM
NC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant futureNC 997 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NeunElf
Either you wear pads or you wear rotors. The energy must be consumed somehow.
There is no solution that will offer lower dust and either not give similar braking or consume the rotor.
PCC .. no brake dust whatsoever.. but at a price ($8K if I remember correctly). Way more if you do a post-purchase conversion.

I checked out Tire Rack's website. Unfortunately, for those of us with Diesel Cayennes, no pads available.

Last edited by NC 997; 12-30-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:20 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NC 997
I checked out Tire Rack's website. Unfortunately, for those of us with Diesel Cayennes, no pads available.
Should be the same pad options as the (non-PCCB) brakes on the V6 and S variants (Hybrid too?).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Break dust reduced 80%- ceramic pads