Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
we are talking specifically about the 958 Cayenne here so it will be an issue and the Dome type is not CANbus proof

this DIY is for those that needs to change the lens and the bulbs to their preference, whichever that may be, no need to debate that here

Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 AM
STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !STG991 Is a GOD !
Lower round fog lamps

Have you looked into upgrading the bulbs on the lower round fog lights to a better bulb? I assume the ones that come stock aren't that "white" in color? Thanks!

Old 04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by STG958
Have you looked into upgrading the bulbs on the lower round fog lights to a better bulb? I assume the ones that come stock aren't that "white" in color? Thanks!
no sir, I haven't

those fogs are just regular halogen bulbs, in all my previous cars, I would upgrade the Low Beam to 6000k and I would add the HID fog 6000k to compensate for the loss of lumen and I would run both lights at the same time

On the Cayenne, the fog won't come on using auto mode, and I want to use the welcome home function and slew of other functions under AUTO, so I rarely use the fog and thus didn't bother upgrading it.

but if I were to do it, most likely a 4300k HID to match the low beam

Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM
nash is on a distinguished road
Anyone (including OP) been running aftermarket bulbs for a while? I've had the ECS tuning kit installed for a year (clear sidemarkers + a chromed bulb) and the other week a "Check right side marker" warning came on. Assuming the bulb went out, I ordered a replacement set from ECS.

I went today to install it using the guide in this thread and found that in fact the bulb had melted the surround in the housing and the bulb had also developed a hole in it. I looked at the other side and it had melted the surround as well, though the bulb was still functioning.

Is it just this bulb I am using? There's no specs listed on it other than "WY5W". Anyone have success with another bulb? I don't really want to replace my housings and melt them again.

I'd assume the melting would occur pretty soon after installation, probably the first time you drove at night for an extended time.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
I suggest you run the OEM amber bulbs or the clear one to avoid issues like this

I'm still using the bulbs as posted in this thread and they are perfectly fine after 4k miles, still loving it every time I walk by the car

Old 12-02-2014, 03:17 PM
mjb2503 is on a distinguished road
Seriously helpful how-to! I'm about the least handy man out there and swapped out the side markers for clears in 5 minutes total. Looks awesome and saved an hour's labor at my local dealer. Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-22-2015, 11:20 AM
Suncoast just came out with their own version of the LED side marker (non OEM)

anyone wants to try these and let us know? ha

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...AYGTSEXTLIGHTS

Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Those actually look pretty good.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:38 AM
HOiYA will become famous soon enough
Here are similar ones but with a white bulb. My list of wants is ever growing!

Old 01-22-2015, 12:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kechang
Suncoast just came out with their own version of the LED side marker (non OEM)

anyone wants to try these and let us know? ha

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...AYGTSEXTLIGHTS
Yes, we just started listing these on our website. We have been running a few sets on our dealer vehicles and so far so good!

Let us know if we can help you out.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 01-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Are you planning on offering them in a white LED rather than orange?

Old 01-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
To stay legal in the US we can only sell them with the orange LED. We will probably not list them with a white LED for that reason.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Ryan,

Do you have any pictures of them actually on a vehicle there other then the website pic?

Old 01-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Yes I just took one yesterday comparing it to the halogen side marker (Left Halogen - Right LED):

Let me know if you need any other photos.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 01-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Ryan,

Can you attach install instructions? Would like to see how this replaces the old bulb socket.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs