Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

DIY - How to Change Clear Sidemarker Lens + Bulbs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Sybco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RickDC
Be super careful though... I ordered some LED side markers off eBay (very similar to the ones above). Just plug and play. After a few weeks, the rear 3 led's on both sides started to flicker and went out.

Contacted the seller, was going to do a swap, but then figured I preferred it with just the lit up forward part. Since then I've had random electric "bugs". Rear tail-light would go out. Had one or two errors about the fuel tanker level sensor. Radio would reboot randomly. More seriously, had an issue where the car would run very very rough, surging idle - happened 3-4 times over 6 months.

Removed the LED side lights and just replaced them with a clear marker and white LED, and for the past 2 months - had no gremlins. Now it could be co-incidence, but I can't help but see a relationship.. I don't want to put the old LED markers in to prove a point! ;-)
that gives me pause, been wanting to do this myself.
Do you think if you bought from a more reputable source here in the States, you would have a different result?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:25 PM
jlusby is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wanted to reach out to the OP and ask if you have had any issues at all with those OSRAM Diadem Chrome bulbs since you installed them. Looking to buy them and use them, but they seem a little harder to find so just wanted to make sure they last and I won't be replacing after just a short time.

Thanks,

Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jlusby
Just wanted to reach out to the OP and ask if you have had any issues at all with those OSRAM Diadem Chrome bulbs since you installed them. Looking to buy them and use them, but they seem a little harder to find so just wanted to make sure they last and I won't be replacing after just a short time.

Thanks,
Daily driven and 35k miles later. Still like new. These should last the same as OEM bulbs

I still love them from the day I installed them (I'm very OCD when it comes to lights on cars)

Old 06-12-2017, 08:07 AM
jlusby is an unknown quantity at this point
Just wanted to say thanks to kechang for reposting the "fishing line" method for doing this. I had read other ways to do this such as through the wheel liners, using a little screw driver or plastic to pry these up and off. So to be extra safe with a black painted CTTS, I went ahead and put tape around the back side where the marker might make contact upon removal. The time it took me to put the protective tape on was longer than to remove the side marker, replace the bulb and put the near clear one on. Really makes a big difference against the Jet Black paint. Also, used the chrome amber bulb to almost completely eliminate the fried egg look.

Also, thanks to boochook for selling me his slightly used (but you sure can't tell it) clear side markers!!

Before:

and after:

Please forgive the dirty vehicle. There was only enough time to change the markers before the wife had to go for a drive

Old 07-01-2017, 07:55 PM
DrBillyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Installed the clear side markers tonight on my 2014 CTTS. Nice!

Took about a minute to do each side.

Very helpful post. Thanks so much for posting this!

Old 09-24-2017, 01:33 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
[QUOTE=RickDC;4613384]Be super careful though... I ordered some LED side markers off eBay (very similar to the ones above). Just plug and play. After a few weeks, the rear 3 led's on both sides started to flicker and went out.

Contacted the seller, was going to do a swap, but then figured I preferred it with just the lit up forward part. Since then I've had random electric "bugs". Rear tail-light would go out. Had one or two errors about the fuel tanker level sensor. Radio would reboot randomly. More seriously, had an issue where the car would run very very rough, surging idle - happened 3-4 times over 6 months.

Rick any update on the electrical bugs? fuel tank level sensor, and Chassis system failure seem to pop up once a month on my 2011 CTT.
Radio was an issue before dealer updated the software on PCM all good now(fingers crossed).

I like the JDMTOY version, will do some more research before purchasing.