Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Leaking rear window washer fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 07:33 PM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Leaking rear window washer fluid

I have a 2014 GTS that is only 2 months old. Recently, I've noticed that when I have the rear hatch open for 30mins to an hour, washer fluid starts leaking and rolling upwards towards the rear brake light. It's not a big leak but more of a trickle. The leak apparently comes from the base of the wiper arm. And it happens sporadically.

The dealer has had the car in 3 times already and still doesn't know the issue since it won't repeat itself. They've replaced the washer pump and also the jets while crossing their fingers that it solves things.

Anyone else having this issue?

Also, strange that the 2014 Cayenne diesel loaner they gave me has the same exact issue.

Last edited by NeilM; 06-05-2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:53 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
I guess most people do not usually leave their hatch open for so long. Many more probably have the same issue and not knowing it.

Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 AM
NeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond reputeNeilM has a reputation beyond repute
Try it when you can. Leave the hatch open and report your findings here. Thanks.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:09 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
hmm.. yea, they probably didn't think anyone would leave the trunk open for that long

Longest I've left it on is about 5 mins and no leaking there

Old 06-05-2014, 07:03 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Mice can get in when you leave the hatch open for so long.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:27 AM
MikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of lightMikeL is a glorious beacon of light
my kid was playing with my key and opened the trunk, I didn't know it was open until the next day. I wasn't looking for liquid, but didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:32 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Just had mine open (all the way) for about 2 hours, not a drop.

I don't use the washer often though (like maybe 3 or 4 times in the last ~15k), so it could be that the hose wasn't "primed".

Old 06-08-2014, 06:17 AM
grohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of lightgrohgreg is a glorious beacon of light
This is a very common complaint from Touareg owners. VW dealers will install an inline check valve to remedy the issue. Perhaps you can talk your Porsche dealer into doing the same

//greg//

Old 06-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Many thanks for everyone's efforts and responses.