Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Sport chrono help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 03:43 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Sport chrono help

2013 CD that had its clock replaced with the sport chrono (but without the chrono features).

I swear that the clock used to light up, but now that it is dark early again, the digital time is all that is visible at night. Is this correct or do I need to get it in?

I've tried all the light settings and there is no change.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3742045917.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	406787  
Old 11-04-2014, 06:37 PM
ctdwp will become famous soon enough
I have the sport chrono package on my 2014 GTS and the entire face lights up.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:04 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
There is a separate setting to switch on the clock backlight, it is only accessible from the round LCD screen behind the steering wheel.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:07 PM
gnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant futuregnat has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ctdwp
I have the sport chrono package on my 2014 GTS and the entire face lights up.
Thanks for the info. I'll call the dealership and get it in.

Originally Posted by TGED
There is a separate setting to switch on the clock backlight, it is only accessible from the round LCD screen behind the steering wheel.
Yeah I have that option and it is on. If I turn it off the entire clock turns off (digital display and the "seconds" hand).

Old 11-05-2014, 06:54 PM
TGED is on a distinguished road
Just curious to know why you are replacing the clock with a sport chrono clock without sport chrono function, so the sport chrono clock is only just showing time.

Old 11-05-2014, 07:05 PM
My clock was in the bad batch and at a time where the base clock was hard to get here. So the dealer put the chrono in, but (in hindsight) lied to me about being able to flash my PCM to enable the chrono functions.

So not only will I get my new dealer to address the lack of light, i'll get them to flash the upgrade too.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Does anyone have a pic of their Sport Chrono lit up differently than mine shown in the first post? My dealer is telling me that it shouldn't light up (which seems odd) and none of the vehicles they currently have in house with the chrono light up.

They also say they can't update it to enable the full Sport Chrono package. I'll have to dig up the thread where someone said they did it and contact them for more details.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:10 PM
Matt911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gnat
Does anyone have a pic of their Sport Chrono lit up differently than mine shown in the first post? My dealer is telling me that it shouldn't light up (which seems odd) and none of the vehicles they currently have in house with the chrono light up.

They also say they can't update it to enable the full Sport Chrono package. I'll have to dig up the thread where someone said they did it and contact them for more details.
see in this vid
It shows exactly like yours.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Thanks for that link. I could swear it lit up, but its been about six months since I was regularly driving it in the dark so I guess my memory is faulty.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Here is mine and the entire chrono is illuminated...

I think the one in the previous post may also be illuminated but is not showing up well in that pic.

Last edited by ctdwp; 11-13-2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 AM
Hmmm...
The GTS video definitely looks like mine, but what isn't known is if the light option is on or off in the MFD/PCM settings. What appears to be lighting in the video is just ambient light reflecting off the face and mine does that too.

Your's is clearly lit though. Which MY do you have?

Old 11-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Hmmm...
The GTS video definitely looks like mine, but what isn't known is if the light option is on or off in the MFD/PCM settings. What appears to be lighting in the video is just ambient light reflecting off the face and mine does that too.

Your's is clearly lit though. Which MY do you have?
I have a 2014 GTS.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:44 PM
G_A
G_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of lightG_A is a glorious beacon of light
lied to me about being able to flash my PCM to enable the chrono functions.

So not only will I get my new dealer to address the lack of light, i'll get them to flash the upgrade too.
You will need activation code.
I can help)

Old 12-01-2014, 10:33 AM
So i'm at the dealer for something else and took a look at a 14 GTS they have on the floor. Its chrono indeed does not light up, but there is also no light option for it in the MFD settings like I have in mine.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:54 AM
Mine definitely lights up and I have a 2014 GTS. I have not checked yet to see if I have a setting for turning it off or on but I assume I do.