Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Buzzing Sound from Dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:24 PM
f30er is on a distinguished road
Buzzing Sound from Dashboard

I'm getting a weird but very very annoying buzzing sound coming from what sounds like inside the dashboard. It's really only noticeable when I've got it on cruise control about 15 minutes after i've started driving. Still working on isolating it but little hard when I'm cruising at 80. Although I've tried the age-old method of punching random places to see if it'll go away...it doesn't....

Anyone have any ideas? I'll try and get someone to record it next time I'm doing a longer drive....

Old 05-03-2015, 02:51 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have the compass or the clock? I bet the noise is coming from that.

Old 05-03-2015, 04:28 PM
f30er is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CTT-QTR
Do you have the compass or the clock? I bet the noise is coming from that.
Really? Haven't smacked that yet but I'll try on my way to work tomorrow!

BTW, I have a clock

Last edited by f30er; 05-04-2015 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Banned
BlocktGrills is infamous around these partsBlocktGrills is infamous around these parts
I also have buzzing in dash, some day it is there, some day not. It sounds like it is coming from inside main gauges and not the clock. If you find out more please let us know.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:53 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Same issue, anyone know how to remove the lower dash (Knee airbag) my noise seems to be under the steering column. I don't have the Crono gauge on my 958.1 CTT.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:55 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by f30er
Although I've tried the age-old method of punching random places to see if it'll go away...it doesn't....
Ah, 'percussive therapy', the age-old fix for squeaks, rattles and out of sync TV pictures. Kids today will have no idea what a TV tube losing vertical sync looks like... and how smacking the set 'just so...' knocked the contacts or tube internals back into place... for a while...

No magic smoke smells? As in, not a buzz from a bad electrical contact shorting out a connector?

Does it happen only when using cruise control?

Old 08-30-2017, 11:50 AM
jayi836 will become famous soon enoughjayi836 will become famous soon enough
Mine is some sort of humming related to road conditions above 30 MPH, I will try and get the lower dash removed and listen for it or lat least feel for it while driving. Seems like the key surround and middle trim pieces need to be removed to expose any fasteners.
No electrical smell.

Old 08-30-2017, 01:22 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlocktGrills
I also have buzzing in dash, some day it is there, some day not. It sounds like it is coming from inside main gauges and not the clock. If you find out more please let us know.
i have the same symptoms you have. Difficult to pin point.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:02 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !

BTW, I have a clock
When you're done smacking you can read up on replacing the second hand on the clock..

Old 04-30-2020, 10:55 PM
Nick Wilde is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting a weird but very very annoying buzzing sound coming from what sounds like inside the dashboard. It's really only noticeable when I've got it on cruise control about 15 minutes after i've started driving. Still working on isolating it but little hard when I'm cruising at 80. Although I've tried the age-old method of punching random places to see if it'll go away...it doesn't....

Anyone have any ideas? I'll try and get someone to record it next time I'm doing a longer drive....
Interesting. Ever got around to making the video? Do you show this method of dealing with it, maybe location where you hit affects it?

Old 04-30-2020, 10:57 PM
Nick Wilde is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW, I have a clock
big believer in punch it therapy I see, me too.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:32 AM
skiahh is on a distinguished road
If you're still wrestling with this, I can offer some insight. I had a dash buzz at about 1200-2000 RPM under load. Off the accelerator, it went away. Dealership has been really good about it and over the course of a year, foamed pretty much the entire dash. Still there. I was convinced it was coming from the airbag module so they decided to pull the dash. After some testing, they agreed and replaced it under warranty. And things were blissfully silent for about two weeks.

I did some tightening and insulating on my own with no luck, so made some videos for PCNA (at dealer's request) and made another appointment. The tech and I went out for a ride with the lower dash disassembled (passenger side). He was able to check some things and came to the conclusion it was the cabin recirculation valve. Either an easy fix or a major job, since if it couldn't be insulated, it would require replacement of the entire airbox! He was able to insulate (or maybe tighten something) and it's been quiet for 3 weeks now. I'm hopeful now that it'll stay quiet and not come back.

Recirc valve is low in the passenger footwell, but the sound was radiating through the dash to sound like it was coming from the upper dasn on the passenger side.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:11 AM
williamP1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow

Originally Posted by skiahh
If you're still wrestling with this, I can offer some insight. I had a dash buzz at about 1200-2000 RPM under load. Off the accelerator, it went away. Dealership has been really good about it and over the course of a year, foamed pretty much the entire dash. Still there. I was convinced it was coming from the airbag module so they decided to pull the dash. After some testing, they agreed and replaced it under warranty. And things were blissfully silent for about two weeks.

I did some tightening and insulating on my own with no luck, so made some videos for PCNA (at dealer's request) and made another appointment. The tech and I went out for a ride with the lower dash disassembled (passenger side). He was able to check some things and came to the conclusion it was the cabin recirculation valve. Either an easy fix or a major job, since if it couldn't be insulated, it would require replacement of the entire airbox! He was able to insulate (or maybe tighten something) and it's been quiet for 3 weeks now. I'm hopeful now that it'll stay quiet and not come back.

Recirc valve is low in the passenger footwell, but the sound was radiating through the dash to sound like it was coming from the upper dasn on the passenger side.
I have same problem with 2017 Panamera 4s Diesel
the noise comes only when under load when accelerating (just to spoil the fun)
I contacted the dealer but they didn’t seem very enthusiastic to investigate the problem