Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

New stable mate for the turbo!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 01:03 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
New stable mate for the turbo!

So about 2 months ago, i picked up a CPO cayenne turbo in the hopes of turning it into my tow rig for my 911.

After looking for awhile and having a purchase or two slip through my hands, I got lucky enough to find this one in CT and shipped it down to Texas.

So far i am loving the car and i have been busy putting my touches on it. My wheels are on order and can't wait till they arrive!

I like to keep track of my progression threads so i will likely be adding pics as i go along.

Enjoy!

Pics from the dealer:

When she arrived after the long trip:

First weekend full exterior detail and ceramic coating, swapped all interior and exterior lights to LEDs and changed the emblem:

results:

Next was the install of the tow hitch module and hitch itself. I read a lot and was able to piece together all of the parts for about $400 or so vs. the actual kit for $1000+ - very happy with the results and it wasn't too difficult honestly...

Next up was the install of the Blackvue dash cam and Valentine radar. I really like the blackvue camera as i have the same 2 channel camera system on my 911 and it has been great. Very easy to use, great picture and reasonably priced.

I also tinted the windows:

Next up was the rebadging of the rear of the vehicle - i always thought the rear looked too cluttered and figured i'd use this opportunity to also swap to black badges:

Here she is as she sits tucked in next to her sister:

Next mods are changing the rear lights to GTS tails, installing the black lower tailgate trim, Porsche tow hook cover and electrical hookup sometime this week.

Then i plan to wrap the window trim gloss black along with the roof rails and wait till my Brixton wheels show up. After that, she should be set and exactly the way i want it for awhile until i can decide on an exhaust set-up.

Old 08-22-2016, 05:52 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Nice!

Old 08-22-2016, 03:16 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Thanks!

Today's project was swapping in the GTS tails, the GTS hatch trim and finishing the tow hitch light cables.

OEM:

GTS:

Finished product:

Old 08-22-2016, 05:26 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !
The GTS hatch trim is black? As in the bottom of the hatch trim? That's the only part of my Turbo that isn't blacked out (glossy) from the factory.. I might be tempted..

Old 08-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by deilenberger
The GTS hatch trim is black? As in the bottom of the hatch trim? That's the only part of my Turbo that isn't blacked out (glossy) from the factory.. I might be tempted..
I thought it was from GTS, but apparently it is from black exterior package - my mistake.

The OEM silver was starting to bubble, so i just removed it and went with the gloss black instead. Removing the stock one isn't bad with a heat gun, a finger nail and then some goo gone to get the residual double sided tape off.

Suncoast has it here: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...295501041.html

Old 08-24-2016, 02:28 PM
V8HAHA is on a distinguished road
Where did you hardwire the dash cam and the V1? Did you run lines down to the fuse box?

Old 08-24-2016, 02:35 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kricci
So about 2 months ago, i picked up a CPO cayenne turbo in the hopes of turning it into my tow rig for my 911.

After looking for awhile and having a purchase or two slip through my hands, I got lucky enough to find this one in CT and shipped it down to Texas.

So far i am loving the car and i have been busy putting my touches on it. My wheels are on order and can't wait till they arrive!

I like to keep track of my progression threads so i will likely be adding pics as i go along.

Enjoy!

Pics from the dealer:

When she arrived after the long trip:

First weekend full exterior detail and ceramic coating, swapped all interior and exterior lights to LEDs and changed the emblem:

results:

Next was the install of the tow hitch module and hitch itself. I read a lot and was able to piece together all of the parts for about $400 or so vs. the actual kit for $1000+ - very happy with the results and it wasn't too difficult honestly...

Next up was the install of the Blackvue dash cam and Valentine radar. I really like the blackvue camera as i have the same 2 channel camera system on my 911 and it has been great. Very easy to use, great picture and reasonably priced.

I also tinted the windows:

Next up was the rebadging of the rear of the vehicle - i always thought the rear looked too cluttered and figured i'd use this opportunity to also swap to black badges:

Here she is as she sits tucked in next to her sister:

Next mods are changing the rear lights to GTS tails, installing the black lower tailgate trim, Porsche tow hook cover and electrical hookup sometime this week.

Then i plan to wrap the window trim gloss black along with the roof rails and wait till my Brixton wheels show up. After that, she should be set and exactly the way i want it for awhile until i can decide on an exhaust set-up.
Do you plan on selling the stock rims?

Old 08-24-2016, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by V8HAHA
Where did you hardwire the dash cam and the V1? Did you run lines down to the fuse box?
They are both hard wired into the fuse box and the wires are run along the glass tucked into the headliner.

Originally Posted by White Rock
Do you plan on selling the stock rims?
Yes I do. Once the new wheels come in (likely late September) I'll be looking to sell as i don't have room in my garage.

I'd prefer to sell as a full set-up/wheels tires/tpms - but the wheels are actually winter tires since the car was purchased from up north so i may consider dismounting if i can find a buyer for both....

Old 08-25-2016, 07:42 PM
I dropped my car off to have the window trim wrapped in gloss black and have the rear lower reflectors tinted as well. Should have it back tomorrow afternoon.

Also, I received a package today from my friends at ECS. Will be test fitting these up over the weekend and installing if all goes well.

Old 08-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Porscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud ofPorscheman33 has much to be proud of
Sexy

Old 08-26-2016, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by Porscheman33
Sexy
Thanks!

Here are some pics from the gloss black wrapping:

This is almost finished - you can see the rear window is still chrome - good comparison pic.

Tinted the rear reflectors to match the OEM GTS tails - the pic makes it look darker than it is:

finished product:

Good comparison - i really like it, such a small item but i think it makes a huge difference.

before:

after:

Last edited by Kricci; 08-26-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2016, 02:54 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
any interest in blacking out the roof rails?

Old 08-28-2016, 03:26 PM
deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !deilenberger Is a GOD !

Originally Posted by ronan
And once he does that - he's gotta do the bump strips on the running boards.. then get all black wheels.

It never ends.

BTW - OP - if you want a swap with some gloss-black Porsche sport rims, with slightly curbed silver edges, just let me know..

Old 08-28-2016, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by ronan
Yep, good eye - that will be done very soon - the shop that did the trim didn't want to do it so i found a different one for the roof rails.

Originally Posted by deilenberger

And once he does that - he's gotta do the bump strips on the running boards.. then get all black wheels.

It never ends.

BTW - OP - if you want a swap with some gloss-black Porsche sport rims, with slightly curbed silver edges, just let me know..
I am planning on removing the running boards completely actually - not big fan of them. Just been looking to find OEM side skirts at a decent price.

My wheels should be here in the next 2 weeks- they aren't black, but they are darker/gunmetalish color. I think it should tie everything together nicely.

In the meantime, some A-hole decided he'd help me modify my car on Friday night:

Luckily, i had put on a few coats of ceramic coating when i bought it and i attribute that to help keeping it from getting to the metal. After some time with a few compounds/polishes and my Flex polisher, I was able to make it mostly disappear. It is still there, but much less noticeable.

Last edited by Kricci; 08-28-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:14 PM
Black Chrome ECS tips fitted.

They required a lot of work to fit appropriately - but they look nice and completes the rear nicely IMO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New stable mate for the turbo!