Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne S tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 04:16 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Cayenne S tuning

Hello
Do you guys know of an ECU tuning for the 958.2 S/GTS model?

Mcchip announces one but I have my doubts, similar to the 991.2 they say they have it.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:45 PM
958 S is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you end up trying this tuner or another? I too cannot find information on a verified good tune.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:03 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 958 S
Did you end up trying this tuner or another? I too cannot find information on a verified good tune.
I think Fabspeed has one now, 1500

Last edited by John McLane; 01-01-2017 at 02:14 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:22 PM
I am not sure about it, shows it is for the Cayenne S 958 but their posted gains are shown for the older 955 so either it won't work or at least doesn't give me real confidence. I also saw the vrtuned but with it I see nobody that has actually tried it on an "S" model.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:20 PM
I am not sure about it, shows it is for the Cayenne S 958 but their posted gains are shown for the older 955 so either it won't work or at least doesn't give me real confidence. I also saw the vrtuned but with it I see nobody that has actually tried it on an "S" model.
VR I think is piggy back, which I won't do in neither of my cars. I contacted Fabspeed directly about it and they confirmed the tune. I should do it in the near future, just waiting a little longer to see if something comes available for my other car fir$t

Old 01-01-2017, 03:37 PM
I had checked with VR and confirmed it is not a piggy back setup for the 958, and it looks like it uses the same dimsport unit to perform the flash. It is probably the same tune and brand, but either way if I decide to take the plunge I will post my results. I have been waiting since about last April for someone to try and for a review to pop up (specifically for the S) but still I have not seen one, only 958 turbo and 955S and turbo.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:37 PM
I had checked with VR and confirmed it is not a piggy back setup for the 958, and it looks like it uses the same dimsport unit to perform the flash. It is probably the same tune and brand, but either way if I decide to take the plunge I will post my results. I have been waiting since about last April for someone to try and for a review to pop up (specifically for the S) but still I have not seen one, only 958 turbo and 955S and turbo.
Same here, but for less time...

Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 PM
MayorMcCheese is an unknown quantity at this point
any update on this?

Old 08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
twcv is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone looked into the chip offered from this company? Looks promising.

https://www.racechip.us/shop/porsche...-406lb-ft.html

Old 12-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
Resurrecting this thread. Has anyone had success with a good tuning product for the Cayenne S with the turbo 3.6?

Old 12-06-2017, 11:33 AM
[SS]Shooter will become famous soon enough[SS]Shooter will become famous soon enough
Still nothing out there besides a couple of piggyback options. No true tunes yet from Cobb, GIAC, etc.

It's been almost 2 years since I got the car, so I've given up hope at this point. With the Macan Turbo having tunes available, I'm not sure why this engine (basically the same) is so ignored by tuners.

Old 12-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Dguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of lightDguth is a glorious beacon of light
I may shoot a note to Cobb and GIAC to see if they have any status. I'm with you, if a tune is already developed for the Macan Turbo which is the same engine. How hard is it to provide a legitimate tune for the Cayenne S. There's so much more tuning potential with the 3.6 turbo versus what they had to work with on the 4.8 L... If nothing pans out, I may try the piggyback but would prefer a true tune...

Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM
I did reach out to Cobb and GIAC last night. I got a quick response from GIAC. They plan on releasing a performance tune for the S and GTS by first quarter next year. As early as January or latest by March. This is good news!

Old 12-08-2017, 04:40 AM
Lapdancer996 will become famous soon enough
Evomsit has a tune

Old 12-08-2017, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by Lapdancer996
Evomsit has a tune

Hey Lap do you have any more details. I went to Evoms site and their tune is only up to the 2013 models with the 4.8 V8. We are looking for performance tunes for the newer twin turbo 3.6...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.