Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dieslegate question (current CD owner)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:51 AM
CaptLeslie will become famous soon enough
I read in the paper today the software fix has been approved! We should be hearing from the settlement group as to when we can take our Cayenne Diesels in for the last step in the process before they send the last half of the settlement amount!

Old 10-24-2017, 10:17 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CaptLeslie
I read in the paper today the software fix has been approved! We should be hearing from the settlement group as to when we can take our Cayenne Diesels in for the last step in the process before they send the last half of the settlement amount!

Yep , looks like you are correct.. Link below for those wanting to read it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-v...-idUSKBN1CS231

Old 11-01-2017, 09:32 AM
The fix is in! Called my dealer today and they should be ready to due the software update starting 7 November! You get your second half settlement check 3days later. Then we will see how the new improved Cayenne Diesel performs! Cheers Jim

Old 11-01-2017, 01:01 PM
Yep, i just scheduled mine for Fri.. Will report back after the fix.

Old 11-07-2017, 01:42 AM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by spyderman33
Yep, i just scheduled mine for Fri.. Will report back after the fix.
Did you get the fix applied yet? Any feedback?

Old 11-07-2017, 05:35 AM
so they called me and rescheduled for this Thurs 11/9.. Apparently they werent ready.

I also got the attached in the mail from Porsche which goes into more detail on the fix.. interesting. Now I am on the fence about doing the fix.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
New Doc 2017-11-07.pdf (539.8 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-07-2017, 06:51 AM
My dealer won’t schedule any updates either! They just received the update data and hardware for the fixes and have to test them to make sure they don’t turn our Cayenne’s into paper weights! Like all beaurocrats they never consider what the poor installer has to go through to implement their pronouncements! I’m sure we will soon be able to get the fix! I did get a pamphlet from Porsche in the mail which said I can expect 1mpg less mpg, a little noiseier at idle, no downhill engine brake, and 40% more adblue consumption! Other than that I won’t notice any change in my 2015 Cayenne! Cheers Jim

Old 11-07-2017, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by CaptLeslie
My dealer won’t schedule any updates either! They just received the update data and hardware for the fixes and have to test them to make sure they don’t turn our Cayenne’s into paper weights! Like all beaurocrats they never consider what the poor installer has to go through to implement their pronouncements! I’m sure we will soon be able to get the fix! I did get a pamphlet from Porsche in the mail which said I can expect 1mpg less mpg, a little noiseier at idle, no downhill engine brake, and 40% more adblue consumption! Other than that I won’t notice any change in my 2015 Cayenne! Cheers Jim
40% more DEF is a whole lot..

Old 11-07-2017, 07:23 AM
For me that means about 6000 mile range per tank! You get the low warning light with 1000 mile range left , I am hoping that it shouldn’t be a problem if I fill it up during every oil change!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:33 AM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
mine is scheduled for 27th .. if the recall changes the whole reason I love this model .. I will trade in once I get the 2nd rebate ..

Old 11-08-2017, 05:44 PM
I dropped my 2015 off today for the sofware fix. My dealer wants to keep my diesel for 2 days to complete the process! There are many procedures they have to follow and every one has to be documented and the work photographed to be certified as complete! I guess there are stickers and decals that have to be placed on the vehicle to prove it now complies with the court order. They told me that they only have 3 complete sets of decals, stickers, and hardware parts to complete the work and 60 vehicles inline to be called. They have no idea when they are going to get additional parts! I pick my diesel up tomorrow and I will let everyone know how it all went!

Old 11-08-2017, 06:44 PM
mine goes in tomorrow AM.. I will also report back..

Old 11-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Picked up my 2015 today! Drove 35 miles of which 30 on highway and 5 city streets, she got 34 mpg. As far as drivability, the new transmission program feels a little snappier with shift points at a higher rpm. Not as snappy as Sport mode but almost! I don’t know if I am imagining it but the engine has a more diesel sound than before. Standing beside her you definitely know it’s a diesel! It is not as obnoxious as a Powerstroke or Cummins, but it does sound like a quiet diesel! While driving she is Porsche quiet and didn’t sound any different than the Macan loaner I have been driving for 2days! My initial impression of the fix is positive and I am not at all disappointed with the results! When I picked up my paper work they had submitted all the necessary forms for my settlement check and said I would receive it in 3 business days! Easy Peasy! The next time I tow my boat I’ll try and give an updated review as to how she tows and a long term evaluation of my 2015 Diesel!

Old 11-09-2017, 02:28 PM
I dropped mine off today and got a Macan loaner...

They told me that the 2015+ are super easy to do the fix.. 2014 and below are a bit more complex and it involves switching the Catalytic converter, as well as, the software upgrade.

More to come as i get it back.

Old 11-14-2017, 07:00 AM
Got my 2014 Porsche CD back yesterday.. Overall it was a pleasant experience.. They filled up the tank btw.. so I would take your car in with an empty or near empty tank.. Mine was about 3/4 full so it was nice to see it full..

At any rate, immediate reactions is that it feels the same as before.. The only thing I could tell is that I can hear the diesel sound more now.. Something I couldnt tell before.. Not sure if its me or if its real.

Other than that, I cant tell any real difference. I will drive it more today to see gas mileage.. They said the mileage dropped about 1 MPG overall which is fine by me..

At any rate, thats it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.