Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dieslegate question (current CD owner)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 11:54 AM
Mathme is on a distinguished road
I picked up my '16 CD on Thursday and had the opportunity to drive it from SF to LA this past weekend. Overall it drives very similar to the before version. Here are a few observations:
1). on cold start-up, it does shift higher and hold gears longer than before. Lots of times the shifts do not come until almost 3,000 RPM. Once warmed up it does drive similarly to before.

2). I agree with the postings above...it does sound more like a "diesel" than before. Especially at cold start.

3). For performance/MPG, the computer said 31.8 MPG out of the trip with a total mileage of about 785. This was mostly highway driving.

4). As others have said, your dealer will fill the tank and it took a couple of days. They also gave me comp detail.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:55 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
dropping my pepper off Dec 1 for the fix.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:21 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
got mine back yesterday. Took a couple hours to do the software updates. When engine is cold it definitely revs higher and longer. Like others have said, when the engine is warm seems to be normal. MPG is lower too. Check should arrive in ten days.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:19 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
We were scheduled to get ours done last week and dealer service said they don't have the parts to do the recall and they are unsure when they will get them - anyone else heard this?

Old 12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I have a "16 so I believe it was all software. It took about 2-3 hours.

By the way check came yesterday.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:34 PM
CaptLeslie will become famous soon enough
The way it was explained to me is that a small number of hardware parts were made because they were not 100% sure California was going to approve the fix! The software only vehicles would be easy and fast, but the hardware vehicles would have to wait until they could manufacture the parts once the prototype fix was approved! None of this was told to the dealers until days before the implementation date! They were left holding the bag to explain why the delay!

Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
Called another dealer .. they said they had "1" recall part set .. I made an appointment to get it done ..

Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
I got back $9200 from Porsche and $1500 from Bosch. I can't tell a difference in performance. Haven't checked the mileage yet but I am sure it will be about the same. I have 84K on the truck now. Will be trading for a low mileage as soon as it get repaired at the dealer. You just can't beat the value of a Cayenne Diesel.

Old 12-11-2017, 09:56 PM
was bosch a seperate issue or related to the 2014 diesel?

Old 12-12-2017, 05:44 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ronan
was bosch a seperate issue or related to the 2014 diesel?
From the same issue but from Bosch and not Porsche.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:56 PM
kbobk is on a distinguished road
Since getting my cayenne back from the recall work I have noticed the exhaust smells stronger. Has anyone else noticed it. It was quite distinct. Previously I never noticed the exhaust smell but not it smells like my f250 from 12 years ago.

I also have noticed the much more pronounced engine noise. The transmission shifted differently for the first few hundred miles but it seems to have relearned or calmed down.

All in all I am very happy with the outcome. $11k in my pocket, two extra years of bumper to bumper and a free detail.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:17 AM
CarGuyNyc is on a distinguished road
I. Have a ‘14 CD. I am interested with additional experience with the mechanical fix.

My dealer has done 6: half happy- half less so.

The complaints were hesitation, noise and higher revs on shifts. I was pleasantly surprised my service rep was so candid. Good relationships count for something.

Old 12-26-2017, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by CarGuyNyc
I. Have a ‘14 CD. I am interested with additional experience with the mechanical fix.

My dealer has done 6: half happy- half less so.

The complaints were hesitation, noise and higher revs on shifts. I was pleasantly surprised my service rep was so candid. Good relationships count for something.
I had my 14' done and I could tell no difference. I traded it for a Diesel 16' that had just had the fix done to it and I can't tell the difference with it either. Go ahead and get the fix and collect the money. If you notice a difference and are unhappy with the performance get one of the tuners to tune it for you. You can buy tunes for the diesel just like you can for all of the other cars then you can have the performance you are wanting from your diesel, if that's what you are worried about.

Old 12-27-2017, 06:06 AM
CarGuyNyc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
I had my 14' done and I could tell no difference. I traded it for a Diesel 16' that had just had the fix done to it and I can't tell the difference with it either. Go ahead and get the fix and collect the money. If you notice a difference and are unhappy with the performance get one of the tuners to tune it for you. You can buy tunes for the diesel just like you can for all of the other cars then you can have the performance you are wanting from your diesel, if that's what you are worried about.
Thanks. Have others had a similar experience or different?

Old 12-27-2017, 06:20 AM
Originally Posted by CarGuyNyc
Thanks. Have others had a similar experience or different?
None of the other diesel that have been fixed in my area have had any issues that I know of. I have talked to quite a few of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.