Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Dieslegate question (current CD owner)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 07:29 AM
CarGuyNyc is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I will get it done at my next service and report back.

Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 AM
RedBent is on a distinguished road
To the people that have already had the repair done: did you have to do anything to receive the Bosch payment or is it automatic? The Bosch site seemed to make it sound like it automatic, but just wondering how that works and how long it takes to receive that payment after the repair is complete. Thanks!

Old 02-01-2018, 05:42 AM
CaptLeslie will become famous soon enough
It was automatic!

Old 02-01-2018, 05:44 AM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
Automatic. It was fast as well.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Eskimo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mattgarrett
Automatic. It was fast as well.
The VW payment was really fast (recall done on Friday, notification from Chase on Monday), but it's been a few weeks so far and nothing from Bosch.. How long did yours take?

Old 02-01-2018, 04:18 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
It came as a check within a week of completing the repair.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:51 PM
RedBent is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the responses. We just had the repair done this week and l had not even thought about the Bosch portion until recently.

Old 02-10-2018, 05:10 PM
ronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud ofronan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eskimo1
The VW payment was really fast (recall done on Friday, notification from Chase on Monday), but it's been a few weeks so far and nothing from Bosch.. How long did yours take?
a bit over 2 months for me. Received it this past week

Old 02-11-2018, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by ronan

a bit over 2 months for me. Received it this past week
Thanks, that's very helpful. I had mine done about a month ago, and was worried the check was lost/intercepted. The information line is totally unhelpful.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:54 PM
b-man will become famous soon enough
I have some questions about the process. I apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered.

If someone makes a claim and receive $$, is that person obligated to take their vehicle in for the repair?

Does taking the vehicle in for the repair affect the amount of $$ the owner receives? Maybe the owner only receives a portion of the $$ up front, then the balance after they have their vehicle repaired?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

b-man

Old 02-13-2018, 05:08 AM
Originally Posted by b-man
I have some questions about the process. I apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered.

If someone makes a claim and receive $$, is that person obligated to take their vehicle in for the repair?

Does taking the vehicle in for the repair affect the amount of $$ the owner receives? Maybe the owner only receives a portion of the $$ up front, then the balance after they have their vehicle repaired?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

b-man
You get 1/2 the money up front as soon as you register. Then you get the remaining after the repair is made along with the bosch money. You can do what ever you want after you register for the settlement. If you get rid of the car or don't take it in you will only get the up front money.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:48 AM
You get 1/2 the money up front as soon as you register. Then you get the remaining after the repair is made along with the bosch money. You can do what ever you want after you register for the settlement. If you get rid of the car or don't take it in you will only get the up front money.
That was actually only true until there was an approved fix available. I bought my CD at the end of December '17 from a private party who hadn't registered at all, and there was no money available until the fix was done.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by Eskimo1
That was actually only true until there was an approved fix available. I bought my CD at the end of December '17 from a private party who hadn't registered at all, and there was no money available until the fix was done.
I didn't think there was anything for someone who bought a diesel after a certain date. It is all listed on the website for filing claims.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:22 AM
I didn't think there was anything for someone who bought a diesel after a certain date. It is all listed on the website for filing claims.
My bank account begs to differ

Seriously though, this is the statement that shows my eligibility from the FAQ: "You may be eligible for relief if:...You currently hold title to Generation One Eligible Vehicle in the United States or its territories or hold it by bill of sale dated before June 1, 2019; you currently hold title to a Generation Two Eligible Vehicle in the United States or its territories or hold it by bill of sale dated before December 31, 2019"

The caveat is - the first owner of my CD didn't file any of the paperwork. I have NO idea why, but I'm not complaining! If they had but didn't do the fix, I'd be eligible for half. (My '16 is an early one that got on the road prior to the stop-sale)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.