Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Need instructions on how to remove trunk panel.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Ghost Ryder is an unknown quantity at this point
Need instructions on how to remove trunk panel.

Can anyone give me instructions on how to remove the driver side cargo panel? I need to access the rear a/c blower.

Thanks.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:20 AM
wkearney99 has a spectacular aura aboutwkearney99 has a spectacular aura about
Certainly helps to post the year you're asking about.

From what I've seen in some PDFs there's at least two plastic rivets at the of the panel. But you need to remove some other trim too.

WM 700319 REMOVING AND INSTALLING SIDE TRIM PANEL FOR REAR LUGGAGE
COMPARTMENT > PRELIMINARY WORK
1. Remove C-pillar trim. → 706819 REMOVING AND INSTALLING C-PILLAR TRIM
2. Remove the rear side trim panel. → 707519 REMOVING AND INSTALLING REAR SIDE TRIM PANEL
3. Remove D-pillar trim. → 706919 REMOVING AND INSTALLING D-PILLAR TRIM
4. Remove cover for rear lock support. → 703919 REMOVING AND INSTALLING COVER FOR REAR LOCK SUPPORT
I've never removed any of those panels, so I don't know "how much" of the adjacent panels you "have to" remove in order to clear enough space for the side panel.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM
Thank you. It's a 2012 ctt.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:02 AM
This is the right side (no left seems to be cited). I'd venture they're similar. It's those two top rivets that would likely be tricky. How much you'd need to remove to get all the other edges loose enough to remove it would be the trick.

The rest seem to be just those push-fit clips. I don't know that any of the others have the plastic rivets holding them.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by wkearney99
This is the right side (no left seems to be cited). I'd venture they're similar. It's those two top rivets that would likely be tricky. How much you'd need to remove to get all the other edges loose enough to remove it would be the trick.

The rest seem to be just those push-fit clips. I don't know that any of the others have the plastic rivets holding them.

Do those rivet just pop out? Hard to tell if you need to pull the center pin out before removing them. If so then the plastic moldings from C and D pillars will need to be remove first.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ghost Ryder
Do those rivet just pop out? Hard to tell if you need to pull the center pin out before removing them. If so then the plastic moldings from C and D pillars will need to be remove first.
Sorry, no idea. I'm guessing they're the kind that are 'buttons' with the post being the piece that pushes apart the 'rivet' sections that go into the bodywork. A tee-shaped head, probably best removed with something like an upholstery tack remover or the proper panel removing tool. Sorta looks like a 'forked' lever with a screwdriver handle?

Old 06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
C, D and rear lock trim.

C would also require removing the seat belt on the end down at the floor if you wanted to remove the panel entirely. Just 'setting it aside' probably wouldn't.

MIND YOURSELF, there are airbags in/around the C pillar area. Best have the battery disconnected to avoid them going off accidentally, or at least that's what the manual has to say about it.

Attached Images    
Old 06-21-2017, 01:25 PM
I do not know if the cargo management system tracks would be involved with the bottom edge or not. The manual makes no mention of it.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:28 PM
I do not know if the cargo management system tracks would be involved with the bottom edge or not. The manual makes no mention of it.
Thanks. This helps tremendously. Do you know if there is instructions on removing the plastic piece between the Cand D pillars above the side panel?

Last edited by Ghost Ryder; 06-21-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:40 AM
The piece that the trunk roller shade fits into? The one just above the pry tool in this picture?

I see nothing that mentions removing it. Odd there's not a step mentioned for it, at least not that I could easily find.

Attached Images  
Old 06-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Hmm, in re-checking the pix, the roller cover mount seems to be part of the side panel anyway.

Got a picture of the piece you're writing about?

More often than not most of these pieces are held in with the friction-fit connectors. Ones that you can hear 'squeaking' a bit if you gently use a plastic panel removing pry tool. You can usually hear the metal compressing and scraping against the socket as it's being pulled out. If you don't hear that then there's probably a screw involved.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:25 PM
Hmm, in re-checking the pix, the roller cover mount seems to be part of the side panel anyway.

Got a picture of the piece you're writing about?

More often than not most of these pieces are held in with the friction-fit connectors. Ones that you can hear 'squeaking' a bit if you gently use a plastic panel removing pry tool. You can usually hear the metal compressing and scraping against the socket as it's being pulled out. If you don't hear that then there's probably a screw involved.
I'll give it a shot. Looks like there are only two screws involved.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.